• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
This club could be run making minimal losses if run properly, no interest, no legal fees, no fines, no late payment fees, no management charges etc etc. all that money the 🐀 has wasted over the years.

Fan ownership, still stupid.
To have no borrowing I think is probably dream land.

Sensible borrowing at sensible levels shouldn’t interfere too much with the running of the club.

Let’s be honest £4m borrowing at 7% is £280k a year. It’s not huge.

When it comes to finances, I can’t help but have a fairly simplistic view, how do many clubs with much less attendances, season ticket sales and overall income, cope and at times overachieve in the Football League, while we’re bogged down with it all.
They largely have owners that spunk loads of money on em

That wage bill is an average of £1600 a week based on 20 first team players

That is nuts for the national league!

we have a strong management team that need paying - plus physio, fitness and conditioning, medical, insurances, plus ground staff etc etc ... but we do have the good base revenue streams ...

When it comes to finances, I can’t help but have a fairly simplistic view, how do many clubs with much less attendances, season ticket sales and overall income, cope and at times overachieve in the Football League, while we’re bogged down with it all.
Do they make a profit whilst overachieving or do they overachieve because they have owners pumping money?

To have no borrowing I think is probably dream land.

Sensible borrowing at sensible levels shouldn’t interfere too much with the running of the club.

Let’s be honest £4m borrowing at 7% is £280k a year. It’s not huge.
borrowing money means you to need to make a profit to pay for it - good luck

Having had my suggestion that ARC could be the Australians scotched by @CRATE, I thought I'd try and avoid following fan ownership debates on here and do some detective work with clues we had. Lots of dead ends but came up with something that could fit the brief.

https://tlaworldwide.com/about/ are in sports management, run by Australians and have a UK base.

Their chairman has form in pulling together a syndicate to buy the NRL side Melbourne storm.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/nrl-expat-buys-into-melbourne-storm/AQNGC2UD5MVGVFGJKB2FYLLUJA/

He is also the Chief Operating Officer of https://www.csm.com

I'm sure I'll be wrong again as I suspect we are too small a project but it kept me busy for a bit and you've got to be in it to win it.

Last edited:
How has all this fan ownership talk come up? I saw the MP was getting a meeting about making roots hall an area of public whatever it is but that doesn’t mean we need to look at fan ownership for that to happen. The biggest issue is people are only looking at basic figures and there is no what whatsoever there are going to be enough fans able to cough up enough money year on year. It would be a disaster.

Very few clubs at any level seem to make a profit especially in the lower leagues and without large investment in either roots hall or a new stadium we would continue to be hamstrung by the lack of non Matchday income we could make to even come close to being sustainable.

I also think the issue is people are hearing something and then everyone’s imaginations are running away with them. I must admit it is hard not to let this happen at times especially as we are getting such small amounts of rumours dropping through here and there at the moment.

Let’s hope some of the posters on here are correct and we are having a huge party under the Friday night lights at roots hall in 2 weeks time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back