• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't we all? But realistically, what's in it for them? Even if we managed to turn a profiit, it'd be a long, long while before their £10million plus investment investment even broke even. Not really a sound investment plan.
Why invest in any lower league club? Our main problem is that we're a club with League One expenses and National League income

Have these operating costs included the rent and other payments to Ron; which would go when he goes? Even if they haven't been being paid and are just paper debts.

Also, do they include interest payments on the loans the club has been saddled with; again which would presumably (hopefully) go if we are sold and debts are settled.
Rent and other payments to Ron stand at Nil for the year in the most recent set of accounts so this shortfall exists without those. A relatively low amount of the club's debt is interest bearing, the loans from group companies do not have interest charged on them.

As i understand the publically stated monthly cost of running SUFC is 125,000 a month - but lets say 200k - i.e. 2.4 million per annum ...

The club turned over 3.9 million last 2022 - that means that 3.9 million quid came into SUFC bank accounts ..

People run NL league clubs on a 1.5 million turnover

Its a business - it brings in money through multiple source -

:: season ticket
:: match day ticket sales
:: sponsorship/hospitality
:: advertising
:: match day booze
:: burgers
:: burgers with onions
:: tv rights
:: player sales -

Not being rude but most people can see there is a viable business underneath the RM bull ...

The problem with fan owned clubs is going for growth ...

getting in a high level investment - thats why a shareholder model works well so that if someone wants to buy the club (like Eisner at Pompey) the fans can sell if they think its the right thing ..
I’m pretty sure the £125k is additional money needing to plug the funding gap.

Genuine question -

Let's say Ron stays at the helm but raises enough money to fund the season without personally getting involved (yeah, yeah, I know, but humour me please).

So there's no more missed salaries, payments or tax bills, embargos, anything. No external noise. We can just concentrate on watching the footie.

Are we ok with that?
My answer was regarding whether players will want to sign for us. I think ORM's quote of "Players WILL want to join us, no it's buts or maybes about that" is highly optimistic.

Are we ? Dunno ! You've have to ask the wider fanbase that question, Personally, no. (a) I don't think it'll happen - as he's run out of ther peoples money to keep it going, and (b) we'll only end up in the same boat once the next tranche of bills are due.

Trouble with this is it's 2 years old. Need to see 2022 and 2023 data. However, it does indicate the importance of player trading and advertising income. Also, dare I say, ticket sales and season ticket income is woefully low. Maybe too cheap ?????

Ehm - Forgotten Covid - not a lot of tickets sold …..

I’m pretty sure the £125k is additional money needing to plug the funding gap.
Rayleigh Boy was very early on added to the ignore list. Judging by your reply he is still going on about revenue and despite EVERY reply with some pointing out in clear steps his misunderstanding he is still convinced grass is purple and the sky is green. Stick him on ignore. I promise you life becomes easier.

I dont know the laws concerning the club being run by the fans ,but i can tell you all a true story as it happened to one of my good friends back in Melbourne , he played for a club Waverley and as the story goes they had the same thoughts to be run by the supporters and were asked to put up their houses as surety, He foolishly did, Years later when he wasnt even playing for that club he was a team mate at the club i was playing for also like myself a very good dart player ,people came knocking as Waverley had gone into debt and they wanted his house, not just wanted it but repossessed it, he lost his house , his marriage and ended up committing suicide . i HOPE THIS NEVER HAPPENS TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE PREACHING FOR THE CLUB TO BE FANBASED OWNED .
A very sad end to someone who tried to support a community club, I think the best solution is the supporters trust as pitch owners with possible seat on the board.

Genuine question -

Let's say Ron stays at the helm but raises enough money to fund the season without personally getting involved (yeah, yeah, I know, but humour me please).

So there's no more missed salaries, payments or tax bills, embargos, anything. No external noise. We can just concentrate on watching the footie.

Are we ok with that?

That is the exact scenario that many fans called for in the last 5 years and back in March that is what Ron suggested.....Or sell some it, or all of it.

It not just Ron moving goal posts, so are the fans. The options are now roughly>

1) Ron staying with other peoples money.... Has more or less been removed by the fans.
2) Ron for an interim whilst sale is sorted
3) Ron retaining shares but no involvement with the football side of things
4) Ron gone new owners and FF
5) Ron gone new owners and RH
6) Fan owned club RH and a banning order so that Ron can't come within 5 miles of RH

That is the exact scenario that many fans called for in the last 5 years and back in March that is what Ron suggested.....Or sell some it, or all of it.

It not just Ron moving goal posts, so are the fans. The options are now roughly>

1) Ron staying with other peoples money.... Has more or less been removed by the fans.
2) Ron for an interim whilst sale is sorted
3) Ron retaining shares but no involvement with the football side of things
4) Ron gone new owners and FF
5) Ron gone new owners and RH
6) Fan owned club RH and a banning order so that Ron can't come within 5 miles of RH
Most will want option 4 or 5 (me included) but I think we will end up with some sort of hybrid between 3, 4 & 5.

Rayleigh Boy was very early on added to the ignore list. Judging by your reply he is still going on about revenue and despite EVERY reply with some pointing out in clear steps his misunderstanding he is still convinced grass is purple and the sky is green. Stick him on ignore. I promise you life becomes easier.

Rayleigh Boy.....AKA Nick Leeson-Madoff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back