• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve nash was not at the football. This fantasy that he’s somehow honing in on buying the club is bizarre.

Why is nobody discussing the content of Jobsons tweets??
Because 90% of the stuff on twitter is made up bowlocks, those tweets are just opinions not facts.

Quite frankly if there was any truth to it the place to discuss it would be a lawyers office at the time not 20+ years later on Elon Musk's hobby site.

Because 90% of the stuff on twitter is made up bowlocks, those tweets are just opinions not facts.

Quite frankly if there was any truth to it the place to discuss it would be a lawyers office at the time not 20+ years later on Elon Musk's hobby site.
It is bizarre, why wait till now? I would imagine its quite a chunk of money, unless the guy is totally minted and it's small change to him.

It is bizarre, why wait till now? I would imagine its quite a chunk of money, unless the guy is totally minted and it's small change to him.
If It's a chunk of money he's after as the club is for sale then surely he is also liable for some of the debt, in fact as a major shareholder of a company that isn't paying its staff surely he be stepping in now

Spoke to one of SUFC's Diectors after the game (dunno who but he knew a couple of the people we were with who sit in the DB).According to this bloke 4 potential buyers are in for the club.So presumably something should happen over the summer.He didn't think the NL would chuck us down to the NLS if the embago isn't lifted by the NL's next meeeting (later this mointh IIRC).Told him I wouldn't renew a season ticket if I were a season ticket holder in the current circumstances.Accordng to him 15 clubs operate an early bird renewal system.(Didn't think to ask him if he meant 15 EFL or 15 NL clubs.Doh. :Dunce:

Last edited:
I've said before, but I've heard more than enough to be convinced that he and his group are interested and have probably made that official. That's all it is for now, as far as I'm aware, so I'm not going to get too excited just yet. All expressions of interest are with GSW and Jez Moxey, even the approaches that came via the club first. People are mentioning 3 or 4 interested parties - whether that's 3 or 4 total, or 3 or 4 who have been deemed 'serious' after an initial screening by GSW, I'm not sure.

Either way, Nash is just one of those 3 or 4. I'm ultimately happy whoever takes over, as long as they can fund the club properly and give as a clean slate and a fresh start without the issues. I am excited by the possibility of Nash though because of the the wealth. connections and sports expertise that's likely to come as part of his group.

As some have said, I'd expect discussions with all interested parties, including Nash, to pick up over the coming weeks now that the season is over, we have certainty regarding the division we'll be in next season, and minds can maybe be focused on this now.

A big sticking point for me is the accounts. I can't imagine things can progress until the missing accounts are audited and submitted. I'm not convinced that the fact he is yet to do so is *just* down to him being unable/unwilling to pay auditors fees, but either way he needs to get it done ASAP. It gives confidence to the agent, to the interested parties, and also would prove to me that he is serious about wanting sell and is open to getting it done before the **** hits the fan.

Yes your right, an investor is needed. Which leads back to what are they buying. They will need at least 6 million to sustain the club for the next 3 years, and that's to just keep us at the level now. No extra revenue stream would be available as Ron owns roots Hall. The new ground is 3 years away at minimum, if it ever gets built. Ron will have to offer the new stadium as a carrot to get an investor in. Hopefully the hall can hold out that long!

Depressing reading but that’s it in a nutshell.

So how much is actually required to square things off in order to put us back in the driving seat? Forget what’s required for next 2/3 years.

Maybe Stan could take the time to show some transparency about what is actually up for sale. Don't need to know about who wants it but just being transparent with what is up for purchase.

That is broadly true but these tweets came from Jobson Jnr himself and this isn't the first time he has mentioned bringing legal proceedings against Ron.

It's probably taken him a little while because the royal family have been in the news a lot over the last few years but obviously this is the time to do something because he can.

Maybe Stan could take the time to show some transparency about what is actually up for sale. Don't need to know about who wants it but just being transparent with what is up for purchase.
And potentially jeopardise a deal? Horrible as it is in the modern world, but we have to sit tight. But keep putting pressure on Martin so he definitely sells. Don’t need the price going up £1m or so because he found another invoice in his cleaners broom cupboard.

And potentially jeopardise a deal? Horrible as it is in the modern world, but we have to sit tight. But keep putting pressure on Martin so he definitely sells. Don’t need the price going up £1m or so because he found another invoice in his cleaners broom cupboard.
How would saying what is up for sale jeopardise the deal? It is just being transparent

I wouldn’t expect any transparency at all if the club is sold.

Disclosures on what is for sale and for how much is just not done, especially at this level where’s there’s no requirement to do so such as for a listed business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back