• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
No ... Ron has shat the bed, but people are starting to pretend they can't smell it
That's because I think too many on here have hit the meths and have gone into fantasy land. People need to start getting real. Fan's consortium? Of all the unrealistic speculation on this thread this one tops the cake.

Stop falling for the bs ITK stuff and put the perpetrators on ignore. Trust me this thread reads much better and your sanity improves.

The only true facts are:

1) Despite being an utter scumbag and someone for whom contempt is a massive understatement Ron hasn't folded and has paid every bill required mostly at 3 seconds to midnight. We might not like his terns but until someone meets them or gets close enough to a compromise that is our present life.

2) The management team and what's left of the squad are as committed as ever. If we can minimise injury and pick up points here and there until a sale and embargo lift we will have a foundation for whatever is left of the season. Players WILL want to join us, no it's buts or maybes about that.

That's because I think too many on here have hit the meths and have gone into fantasy land. People need to start getting real. Fan's consortium? Of all the unrealistic speculation on this thread this one tops the cake.

Stop falling for the bs ITK stuff and put the perpetrators on ignore. Trust me this thread reads much better and your sanity improves.

The only true facts are:

1) Despite being an utter scumbag and someone for whom contempt is a massive understatement Ron hasn't folded and has paid every bill required mostly at 3 seconds to midnight. We might not like his terns but until someone meets them or gets close enough to a compromise that is our present life.

2) The management team and what's left of the squad are as committed as ever. If we can minimise injury and pick up points here and there until a sale and embargo lift we will have a foundation for whatever is left of the season. Players WILL want to join us, no it's buts or maybes about that.
2) they'll only want to join us, if they're gonna get paid. Whilst Ron is still at the helm, and the financial problem exist, there will always he doubts in their minds.

We used to train in 'Priory Park', I know , because when I was a kid i used to watch them train there. Gary Moore , Billy Best , Dave Chambers , Terry Johnson all trained in Priory Park.

We were in the football league then too (fourth division ) before it was league two.

So I'm sure if it was good enough for them gods of football, it will be good enough for a Non league club.
And at Blenheim Park too - as a youngster at WHSG it used to brighten my morning looking out of windows on the north side of the building to see them jogging up the road!

2) they'll only want to join us, if they're gonna get paid. Whilst Ron is still at the helm, and the financial problem exist, there will always he doubts in their minds.
Genuine question -

Let's say Ron stays at the helm but raises enough money to fund the season without personally getting involved (yeah, yeah, I know, but humour me please).

So there's no more missed salaries, payments or tax bills, embargos, anything. No external noise. We can just concentrate on watching the footie.

Are we ok with that?

Genuine question -

Let's say Ron stays at the helm but raises enough money to fund the season without personally getting involved (yeah, yeah, I know, but humour me please).

So there's no more missed salaries, payments or tax bills, embargos, anything. No external noise. We can just concentrate on watching the footie.

Are we ok with that?
Not me. This needs an end game. Not similar issues next summer

Genuine question -

Are we ok with that?
No, because whatever we build upon during the season will only be taken down at some point due to his BS. We will NEVER get anywhere whilst he is at the helm and the sooner he F off/dies the better .

Genuine question -

Are we ok with that?
I take your point and maybe this will happen but its not an end game I want and I understand its not your dream either, but we have to survive

Its like having a lovely new home which you are delighted with but in one corner is a nasty damp patch which wont go away, You are always conscious of it, It enters your head at odd time. It spoils the feel, the look and the dream , it even smells and you dont know if it will expand and damage the place

Its there like a bad omen and reminder of the dark hovel you used to live in!

Genuine question -

Are we ok with that?
No.
Minimum requirement for me, especially if the aussie rumors are true...ron selling majority shareholding in club so he has zero influence at the club, I'd have no issue with Ron clinging on to 10% of future devopments or something of that nature. As long as the running of the club was free of him.

If it was a choice of Ron, no club or properly managed fan ownership...?

I know what I would choose!

You have forgot the new owner option. Which is clearly the best option.

Fans owning the whole RH site, paying off debts, funding the running of SUFC and redeveloping RH is a complete wild fantasy.

As for a CPO to cover all that....It will never happen. SBC couldn't suddenly withdraw PP for 500 houses on RH. They would have to pay far more than Ron has currently priced it at. Even if they did it would be a long process in the courts and more delays for us fans.

Ron could easily prove there is an alternative 1mile away at FF. No council will fund that legal battle

Yes it was great to be back at RH on Saturday, with all our personnel and group memories. But people claiming we can rebuild it on the cheap are lying to you. It would cost far more than anyone has suggested on here.

Great if you want to drink wobbly pint in a breeze block concourse with a 9inch shelf to put your fosters on and fluorescent lighting for ambience. But if you want decent lounge with good food options like Chesterfield or Shrewsbury. it would cost money and it would cost more at RH.

Me personally I'm not bothered about chasing the Championship dream but for this of you who fancy running a football club you will need stadium that can make money 52 weeks a year and on several days a week. Wherever it is it can't be done on the cheap.

Finding 2400 who want to lose £5,000 a year.......Good luck with that, I certainly won't be one of them.

The good news is....I'm told recent offer was made and not along way off. If the new people trump that we may well be in business.

Genuine question -

Are we ok with that?
For me, that is just status quo and we will just end up back in the same position time and time again. He is t capable or wants to find the club he has made that clear. He is doing the bare minimum to satisfy the requirements. He needs to be gone ideally fully so we can move forwards.

We need someone or someone’s that is willing to fund the move to the new training centre, ensure that we have enough funds to pay staff including players on time every time. But also with the foresight to look at improving the match day experience to generate additional income and to fund a competitive on the field team.

We have the foundations to achieve the onfield success with the management team and the scouting network and contacts that we don’t need to spend huge sums of money on wages etc.

The stadium at the moment in time is not priority either redevelopment of Roots Hall or moving to a new stadium, we need someone or someone’s to come in, steady the ship so we can build from a solid foundation. Once the foundation is corrected we have the footing in which to make sensible and balanced decisions that safeguard the future of the club not only short term but also long term.

We need to have a very clear plan in place for the first few weeks, first 6 months etc etc, where we can see progress (we as in the club) where each milestones allows us to step onto the next phase safe in the knowledge that everything is steady under foot.

The most successful clubs are the ones that have a clear line and sight of path of what they are wanting to achieve and how they will achieve it, and that is built with 1 year, 2 year, 5 year 10 year plans in place. There will be bumps on the way, but that is part and parcel of business and football in general.

So for me he needs to be gone one way of another or seriously diluted in his ownership and influence in the club.

So RM is actually engaging then at least?

Try offering him the asking price.....I currently have a property on the market. I have had an offer but its still on the market. If anyone is in a better position or can offer the asking price its there's.

Last edited:
Try offering him the asking price.....I currently have a property on the market. I have had an offer but its still on the market. If anyone in a better position or can offer the asking price its there's.
Fair enough. If they are not miles off as you mentioned, is it in your opinion likely that the group will be able to meet said asking price?

Fair enough. If they are not miles off as you mentioned, is it in your opinion likely that the group will be able to meet said asking price?

From my understanding that group have stepped back....But who knows they may be reconsidering and don't want to appear to keen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back