• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Nominating an Asset of Community Value, this is the process.

Assets of Community Value (ACVs) can only be nominated if they are of interest socially (such as for sport, culture or recreational uses) or increase the wellbeing of the community now and into the future.

A community group (such as a society, parish council, neighbourhood forum, not for profit organisation or a group of at least 21 individuals) that is locally connected to the area can nominate an asset to the local authority.

Listed Assets of Community Value stay on your local authority’s list for up to five years.
Pubs that are listed as ACVs require a planning application to change their use or demolish them (the same protection applies pending a decision from the point when the pub is nominated for ACV status). If the pub is listed as an ACV, these requirements will be effective for the duration of the listing.

During this period, if the owner of the listed asset decides to sell they must inform the local authority of their intention to do so. The community then have up to six weeks to express an interest in becoming potential bidders to buy the asset.

Once an expression of interest has been received, a further four and a half month pause in the sale process is triggered. This gives potential bidders a total of six months to raise the funds required to purchase the asset. At the end of the period, the owner may sell it to whoever and at whatever price they choose.
Who pays for the running of the club for those 6 months?

Please not fan ownership
It’s not just the fans stumping up the purchase price, it’s all signing up to pay their share of the losses, maybe they could put the flats/houses etc up as collateral…
And of course they would need to agree how the club should be run….it’s bad enough being owned by a consortium where 5 people may need to agree…

I dont know the laws concerning the club being run by the fans ,but i can tell you all a true story as it happened to one of my good friends back in Melbourne , he played for a club Waverley and as the story goes they had the same thoughts to be run by the supporters and were asked to put up their houses as surety, He foolishly did, Years later when he wasnt even playing for that club he was a team mate at the club i was playing for also like myself a very good dart player ,people came knocking as Waverley had gone into debt and they wanted his house, not just wanted it but repossessed it, he lost his house , his marriage and ended up committing suicide . i HOPE THIS NEVER HAPPENS TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE PREACHING FOR THE CLUB TO BE FANBASED OWNED .

Last edited:
Where do we train?

How do we pay debts?

How do we fund the club?

How do we sign players?

Where do we pay for the upkeep of roots hall?

Clear Winding Up Orders?
We don’t, no one pays anything, in his mind, it’s completely all free once taken over.

Sorry forgot to add my …….. at the end for dramatic effect.

I thought Anna Firth has had meetings with the Sports Minister to investigate some of these options and has been working on this with the Shrimpers Trust also - so I imagine this Meeting is not quite so naive as 'the Fans buying the club' headline might seem. If Roots Hall were declared a Community Asset, and all connected with the Council are coordinated not to be minded to give Ron Martin planning consents then that seems to me to putting a lot of pressure on him to start finally to play ball / get real about selling.

Seems a very good way of going about things. RM has had to be coerced all through this. It's possible he's had an 'offer' up his sleeve for a long time now otherwise wouldn't be so relaxed about ****ing people around for so long. Its been suggested that it was a way of getting some other party to fund the not inconsiderable DD work - could well be correct.

Might be worth remembering that no matter what we all think of him, RM still has some contacts in the game who he turns to in times of trouble. It wasn't Mother Mary who recommendeed Kevin Bond for example was it ?

We used to train in 'Priory Park', I know , because when I was a kid i used to watch them train there. Gary Moore , Billy Best , Dave Chambers , Terry Johnson all trained in Priory Park.

We were in the football league then too (fourth division ) before it was league two.

So I'm sure if it was good enough for them gods of football, it will be good enough for a Non league club.
Maybe so, but in those days we didn't have a training ground, let alone 2, that aren't fit for purpose. Moreover, we didn't have one that we'd just spent around £2m on just to let waste away.

Everyone stops talking about the fart when they can't smell it anymore, even though it's probably still in the vicinity. Although tbf if it had been a fart that everyone had been smelling constantly for 25 years, it would get mentioned a lot even post-dissipation. So actually ignore this analogy. Might not post this let's see...
No ... Ron has shat the bed, but people are starting to pretend they can't smell it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back