• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be in to investing. Would be interesting to see how many would just as an eye opener. All I know is that there were lots of people that cared at the Hall on Saturday. Was fantastic.

Crazy to me people think we can be fan owned, our own owner who had a little wealth before he lost it all struggled, fan ownership will not work with the amount of money we would require.
it would work if the 2400 people put in 5k a season.....

With the effort Anna Firth is putting in on our behalf, that seems a harsh comment.
I think some people are put off the idea of a community stadium because of the grisly, rather soulless operation at Colchester. I think Roots Hall as a community OWNED stadium would be a damn good idea, and wrote to Anna Firth about a month ago to suggest exactly this.
Two ways to go, perhaps. The first is RH owned jointly by the council and the fans; the second is RH owned by the council, leased to SUFC. The council could then have some of its flats built on the periphery of the stadium.
My original proposition to Anna was a compulsory purchase order, at a (fair) price that the council decides, not Ron. I still think this would be a way forward.

I think some people are put off the idea of a community stadium because of the grisly, rather soulless operation at Colchester. I think Roots Hall as a community OWNED stadium would be a damn good idea, and wrote to Anna Firth about a month ago to suggest exactly this.
Two ways to go, perhaps. The first is RH owned jointly by the council and the fans; the second is RH owned by the council, leased to SUFC. The council could then have some of its flats built on the periphery of the stadium.
My original proposition to Anna was a compulsory purchase order, at a (fair) price that the council decides, not Ron. I still think this would be a way forward.
Sounds very good on paper. And as long is we dont get a soulless small capacity lego stadium could be the answer.

Well done Anna Firth, for her input. Yet 3 weeks ago the 'roach' was referring to Duddridge as to being allowed to release a statement?. Where has he disappeared to, & why should the 'roach' need his permission??.
More baffling than 'The X Files'??.

It's possible but I think very tough to justify a CPO in this situation.

And to be community owned Ron needs to sell. But I see more likelihood of a community owned stadium than a community owned club. The former is a one off fund raise, the latter either needs a continuous cash input or the outgoings to match income, which likely means a largely volunteer run organisation and/or playing budget slashed - or substantial investment in improving non match day income.

I’m new to here, decided to join today because I wanted to get around what’s happening with the sale of the club. I know that Con sorry Ron keeps changing the goalposts every second I believe but just wanted to know where we stand at the moment as haven’t got Twitter.
Welcome to the madhouse!
If you do get around what's happening please share as most of us haven't a clue!

A further refinement on my post above. Anna Firth has already had meetings with the minister at the Department of Sport, Media and Leisure and with the Secretary of State at the Department of Levelling Up about the government helping out. The Council would cough up the rest and recover at least the interest on a loan from an annual lease payment (rent, in actuality) from the club, and recoup some of the principal from the building of some flats.
The fans could perhaps raise the necessary funds for a part or full reconstruction of RH.
The legalities of ownership would be complex but could be solved with some lateral thinking.
For those interested in my original letter to Anna, it’s on page 735 of this thread.

Crazy to me people think we can be fan owned, our own owner who had a little wealth before he lost it all struggled, fan ownership will not work with the amount of money we would require.
Yes maybe, but we can't go on spending what we haven't got. Exactly what got us into this trouble in the first place. What we need is an opportunity to increase revenue significantly. Therein lies the problem. That opportunity doesn't exist at the moment. Gate money and Sponsorship is nowhere near enough as it stands at the moment.

the club has good revenues ....
Would love for you to point out where, because we certainly do not.

Also if I add ............. at the end, does it make it more seen?

Yes maybe, but we can't go on spending what we haven't got. Exactly what got us into this trouble in the first place. What we need is an opportunity to increase revenue significantly. Therein lies the problem.
Bottom line, in this day and age, it will not work for us.

It's possible but I think very tough to justify a CPO in this situation.

And to be community owned Ron needs to sell. But I see more likelihood of a community owned stadium than a community owned club. The former is a one off fund raise, the latter either needs a continuous cash input or the outgoings to match income, which likely means a largely volunteer run organisation and/or playing budget slashed - or substantial investment in improving non match day income.
Sensible comments MattE. So many people on here have suggested that Ron doesn’t intend to sell at all. The THREAT of a CPO might force his hand.

Would love for you to point out where, because we certainly do not.

Also if I add ............. at the end, does it make it more seen?

Bottom line, in this day and age, it will not work for us.

companies house is free - look it up - 2019 7 million - 2021 5 ? 2022 3.9 m

Do you know another 2,400 people (roughly) willing to invest £5,000 each? I would put £25,000 of my own money in! But to make this work need somewhere between £10-£12M
You wouldn’t need that money in cash on day one. Surely loans would be possible against the assets, possibly grants.

Or we could just focus our energy on the positive of the club having a new majority shareholder and just leave him with the shareholding he has. It's no-ones business where he invests his money.

Plus no-one will ever have to talk about him ever again.
Now that is a positive worth thinking about!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back