• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify @Joshy boy, this is irony. We have two hopes of the embargo being lifted this week Bob Hope and no hope.
I'm going with the Cape of Good Hope version.

I agree it won't happen quickly but inevitably injury and fatigue will take it's toll. Every point gained is precious. Of course us older fans could tell tales of the days of one sub and few players used through the season.

And Cricko can recount the memorable time when solid crossbars replaced tape.

That clears that up then. I beg RM pays it this week so the embargo is lifted by like Thursday/Friday. Then bring in Dackers (if it’s true) and someone else for the weekend game at Dagenham.

What’s your view as to where things are now Crate? Any sort of updates?

We can sign Dackers or anyone else on non contract terms. I don’t see why RM would lift the embargo, if I’m honest.

What influence do you think he can have then?

He can't win a vote.

He'll have as much influence as the people who own the other 30% of the club have at the moment, which is precisely **** all.

EDIT - He owns 70%, so if he sells a controlling interest of 51% the maximum left is 19%. Nothing for anyone to worry about.
Minority shareholders DO have rights. The main one of these is that they have statutory protections under companies law which require the majority shareholder not to act in a way that prejudices their interests. This is the issue upon which Valeri Belokon was able to sue the Oystons at Blackpool. Do you really want a solution that allows RM to occupy such a protected position?

It's not merely a matter of law. It is also one of reputation. While RM stays :

• you will permanently be on the NL's radar
  • other clubs will be wary of lending you their young talent
  • HMRC will cut you no slack
  • at least some of the support will very likely stay away
  • your club will be tainted by association

I don't think it is a viable or sensible option, personally. And this is before you consider the position of whether RM would pass a strengthened O&DT after legislation. I have my doubts, and if he were still around I think the new Regulator would be taking a very close interest in you too.

Last edited:
Minority shareholders DO have rights. The main one of these is that they have statutory protections under companies law which require the majority shareholder not to act in a way that prejudices their interests. This is the issue upon which Valeri Belokon was able to sue the Oystons at Blackpool. Do you really want a solution that allows RM to occupy such a protected position?

It's not merely a matter of law. It is also one of reputation. While RM stays :

• you will permanently be on the NL's radar
  • other clubs will be wary of lending you their young talent
  • HMRC will cut you no slack
  • at least some of the support will very likely stay away
  • your club will be tainted by association

I don't think it is a viable or sensible option, personally. And this is before you consider the position of whether RM would pass a strengthened O&DT after legislation. I have my doubts, and if he were still around I think the new Regulator would be taking a very close interest in you too.

Robbie I know you mean well and support us but we are nothing like the Blackpool situation. Other than no one was bothered about owners morals when we were both getting promoted, its completely different.

You didn't have a new stadium or complete rebuild whilst on available residential site. Plus you kicked the Oysters out after he had stolen £26M....I don't see that as great victory as he strolled out and got away with it.

Ron would not have any power and we won't be on anyones radar if we are well funded and don't owe any money. Players will be loaned to us on the basis of the way Kev and co play football not on minority share holder.......The club will be sold for less if Ron has a share in any property deal going forward. Nothing wrong in that as its the best deal for all concerned.

We can't fold our club for to suit the stubborn few who believe the same as you......We proved what SUFC means to us all on Saturday.

We are going to survive and we will have new owners who won't be taking any s*** from Ron......Thats a fact...... Wait till our boys jog out at Dagenham on Saturday and everyone in football will know we mean business this season and beyond.

Prefer not for a while Joshy

Why not give your need for bringing Crate to the fore a little breather rather than risk more divisive and unwanted speculation

Congrats by the way for being a 21 year old who knows of Bob Hope ?
Unusual to see the triumvirate of Crate, Joshy Boy and Boy Wonder. Wonder how this will develop
Maybe he's an Emmerdale fan.

Robbie I know you mean well and support us but we are nothing like the Blackpool situation. Other than no one was bothered about owners morals when we were both getting promoted, its completely different.

You didn't have a new stadium or complete rebuild whilst on available residential site. Plus you kicked the Oysters out after he had stolen £26M....I don't see that as great victory as he strolled out and got away with it.

Ron would not have any power and we won't be on anyones radar if we are well funded and don't owe any money. Players will be loaned to us on the basis of the way Kev and co play football not on minority share holder.......The club will be sold for less if Ron has a share in any property deal going forward. Nothing wrong in that as its the best deal for all concerned.

We can't fold our club for to suit the stubborn few who believe the same as you......We proved what SUFC means to us all on Saturday.

We are going to survive and we will have new owners who won't be taking any s*** from Ron......Thats a fact...... Wait till our boys jog out at Dagenham on Saturday and everyone in football will know we mean business this season and beyond.
Happy for a DM rigsby, but are you optimistic something may happen in the next few days?

We can sign Dackers or anyone else on non contract terms. I don’t see why RM would lift the embargo, if I’m honest.
can we? Since Dackers is contracted at Salford, I expect we surely can't, as we cant offer a fee.

You are close to this - is the aim still to have takeover done and dusted by the court date? RM seems to always come up with cash when the can can't be kicked down the road and the football team would be negatively impacted, so paying up to avoid a 10 point deduction seems like the sort of thing he would eventually do. I'm also holding out hope that potential buyers would stipulate that the sale is subject to no adverse conditions i.e. 10 point deduction if the takeover isnt to be completed by then.

I didn't mean to imply that the situations are the same. I was merely saying that any solution to your issues that involve RM having a minority interest in the club come at considerable cost. Costs I would view as poor value.

As for Oyston, he was ordered to pay Belokon £31,.27m, and when he messed the court about had the club taken off him. Not really getting away with it.

I think you need a fresh start. Your reputation in the game will remain sullied as long as RM has any role in running it. It makes a difference, believe me.

can we? Since Dackers is contracted at Salford, I expect we surely can't, as we cant offer a fee.

You are close to this - is the aim still to have takeover done and dusted by the court date? RM seems to always come up with cash when the can can't be kicked down the road and the football team would be negatively impacted, so paying up to avoid a 10 point deduction seems like the sort of thing he would eventually do. I'm also holding out hope that potential buyers would stipulate that the sale is subject to no adverse conditions i.e. 10 point deduction if the takeover isnt to be completed by then.
Is he contracted at Salford? I know he signed a 2 year contract in summer 2021. Has he signed an extension?

Right now, all I know for a fact is, it’s gone completely silent. And I don’t know what that means, but was told no noise is good noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back