• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Hugh Jackman was at Wrexham yesterday so that rules him out unless he was getting some advice
I don’t know why but only because Jeff Brazier was there yesterday. It might be Jason Donovan… Him and Jeff do the postcode lottery together and plus I think get along nicely so wouldn’t rule out being Jason Donovan and his mate in the running? Might just be going mental but it’s only a shout…

As long as the sale happens. I dont care how long it takes as long as we survive. The issues will arise when we have Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday games consistently. We desperately need an embargo lifted by then. If its 23rd August, so be it. If Ron pays it for now, stays in charge and we are able to even bring loans in im fine with that. As long as the sale process continues. Id rather it take another few months with a lifted embargo than be sold a dream prematurely like Simon Jackson did to us.

I sincerely believe no news is good news right now. He must be engaging in some form of conversations. Lets keep putting the pressure on him what a result yesterday UTB.

This club never knows when its beaten.

*Personally I wont be attending home games and gutted I missed a game like that but looking forward to Daggers and Dorking away. Lets smash em Saturday with 7 days rest.

I don’t know why but only because Jeff Brazier was there yesterday. It might be Jason Donovan… Him and Jeff do the postcode lottery together and plus I think get along nicely so wouldn’t rule out being Jason Donovan and his mate in the running? Might just be going mental but it’s only a shout…
I think there's more chance of Jason's Doner Van showing up at the club

I think there's more chance of Jason's Doner Van showing up at the club
….Him and Jeff do the postcode lottery together

How do you know that ? 😊

Might be a shout actually. I personally thought that if we have the funds (somehow) we can get it settled whenever or call a court date earlier than the 23rd… can someone clarify this question please 🙏
The NL have an expectation for us to have settled HMRC by the court date. They have indicated they will not grant an extention even if the court does so at that juncture a 10 point reduction. I surmise if by some miracle it was paid before the 23rd and providing support proof and confirmation by HMRC of payment was put before the NL, given how they have dealt somewhat sympathetically with us to date, then we most likely would have the embargo lifted at that point. But even so it's most certainly irrelevant as we know RM loves a deadline!

The NL have an expectation for us to have settled HMRC by the court date. They have indicated they will not grant an extention even if the court does so at that juncture a 10 point reduction. I surmise if by some miracle it was paid before the 23rd and providing support proof and confirmation by HMRC of payment was put before the NL, given how they have dealt somewhat sympathetically with us to date, then we most likely would have the embargo lifted at that point. But even so it's most certainly irrelevant as we know RM loves a deadline!
Thank you for this 🙏

The issues will arise when we have Saturday Tuesday Saturday Tuesday games consistently. We desperately need an embargo lifted by then.
Fortunately we only have 1 midweek game ( Dorking 15th Aug ) until mid Sept, by which time our future should (?) be sorted out. But odds on we're cop an injury or two in our next 2 away games, hope not but if so, will limit our options at next home game v Hartlepool.

Fortunately we only have 1 midweek game ( Dorking 15th Aug ) until mid Sept, by which time our future should (?) be sorted out. But odds on we're cop an injury or two in our next 2 away games, hope not but if so, will limit our options at next home game v Hartlepool.
We have two games on the bank holiday weekend, 25th and 28th August. Post 23rd court date but tight for any massive reinforcements, if paid obvs.

The WUP can be dismissed tomorrow, if RM pays the HMRC bill and then gets a court appointment. Would take 24-48 hours. Max!

But of course, it would be dependent on us paying HMRC.

The reason any investor or buyer would want 76% or plus is for the purposes of needing special resolutions.
That clears that up then. I beg RM pays it this week so the embargo is lifted by like Thursday/Friday. Then bring in Dackers (if it’s true) and someone else for the weekend game at Dagenham.

What’s your view as to where things are now Crate? Any sort of updates?

The WUP can be dismissed tomorrow, if RM pays the HMRC bill and then gets a court appointment. Would take 24-48 hours. Max!

But of course, it would be dependent on us paying HMRC.

The reason any investor or buyer would want 76% or plus is for the purposes of needing special resolutions.
But it's not just HMRC, it's all creditors to avoid an automatic 10 point penalty. And in practice, I don't think there's much chance of getting a hearing much before 23rd so to be honest we may as well wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back