• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope we get news of a new owner sooner rather than later. The alternatives are that the Zone will be regurgitating the same old off-loading of abuse about Ron (richly deserved, but done to death) in ways I didn't think possible.

Of course, we could end up in administration through HMRC calling time..................so, please, new prospective new owners, show yourselves soon.

Vic Jobson’s son, Robert, is having another pop at Ron on Twitter about the disputed 18 per cent of shares.

View attachment 26220
View attachment 26221
View attachment 26222

BTW for a journalist he doesn’t write very well, quite a few grammatical errors in that tweet!
There's more than a few grammatical errors in there.

Firstly, I wonder if Ron decided paying for Vic's jag and Andy's (I think that was his name) car for 4 years that Vic financed through SUFC the day before he relinquished control was payment enough.

Secondly, is he really trying to convince us that Vic, who told us there were 91 other clubs we could support, "would have wanted" the shares owned by the fans?

Talk about rose tinted glasses.

There's more than a few grammatical errors in there.

Firstly, I wonder if Ron decided paying for Vic's jag and Andy's (I think that was his name) car for 4 years that Vic financed through SUFC the day before he relinquished control was payment enough.

Secondly, is he really trying to convince us that Vic, who told us there were 91 other clubs we could support, "would have wanted" the shares owned by the fans?

Talk about rose tinted glasses.
It’s a good idea though isn’t it. We want fans to have real material Involvement. I wonder what stan makes of that idea

I can't wait for Nash to take over. Build the stadium, rent it/the training ground out to American sport teams while not giving Maher money for players.
Don’t get me wrong I wouldn’t be disappointed with Nash. But I personally think there are bigger fish out there who would like the challenge to take us to the championship.

Going back to the losses per month thingy for a quick minute. The rumours were that IF RM did get the 5 million quid loan, it would be costing him 8K PER DAY in interest which would make the 200k losses per month very modest. With those numbers, you are looking at double that figure per month. So, in a way, i hope for RM/SUFCs sake he couldn't get his grubby mits on the 5 million quid as otherwise he could be potentially be losing nearly 500k a month. That would certainly give him a reason to get on with things and sell very quickly. Unfortunately, no-one really seems to know how much he borrowed and how he paid off the 1.6-1.8 million to the tax man.

You see this a lot with other clubs but not all buyers want to be named before it's agreed.

I certainly hope that a sale is being agreed in the background and next season is the start of a SUFC renaissance.

Even some Letter of Intent with an interesting buyer would go some way to show things are on the move.

Good for Rochdale though.

You see this a lot with other clubs but not all buyers want to be named before it's agreed.

I certainly hope that a sale is being agreed in the background and next season is the start of a SUFC renaissance.
Me too. The sooner the better. Until then we are stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back