• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
No disrespect, but I don’t think this result or any other result does anything to push the sale along.

Ron isn’t going to suddenly play ball because we’re winning.
But you’d think that potential new owners would be looking at this thinking this club is capable of doing something massive. Whether that’s winning the league by a long stretch is another matter, but just beating a team (Oldham) that are kind of favourites to win the league to beat them 4-0 is amazing I could find a much better word than that but I’m just shocked at the moment. This club has the potential, we all know it and hopefully the new owners will know it by looking at this statement win.

But you’d think that potential new owners would be looking at this thinking this club is capable of doing something massive. Whether that’s winning the league by a long stretch is another matter, but just beating a team (Oldham) that are kind of favourites to win the league to beat them 4-0 is amazing I could find a much better word than that but I’m just shocked at the moment. This club has the potential, we all know it and hopefully the new owners will know it by looking at this statement win.
Any new owner or investor that Ron Martin is touting will sadly have little or no interest in the football club

So did anyone spot any foster swilling blokes with cork hats or Snow White and friends in the Directors box today ?

Going off topic here Jacob but I was there pretty much same years as you and pleased to inform you that we did manage to get a very hard fought 0-0 draw at SHSB in the final year :Clap:
If it was 74/75 I can't believe I would have been dropped so must have been in it. I was the devastatingly fine left back (you know...when we had positions that meant something rather than gobbledygook, diamond formations and a squad number)

I wonder if we ever played with each other🤔. Ooooh, here... no....Missus!! (said in the classic Frankie Howerd style to the salacious soundtrack of Sid James' leering laugh)

They aren't. The most advanced in talks with buying, for all we know, in fact don't have Southend's ultimate interests at heart.

But hey, better the devil you don't know?
To be honest I personally wouldn’t mind investment if it meant only RM having let’s say 20% stake but investment have 50% something like that plus the other what 20% or something is from other people. This would mean at least they would be the main ones to fund the club. Fund the club so we can sign some more players I mean all we need is 4 let’s face it, this team on paper is still decent and rock solid. We could then push on and get back to the EFL where the club belongs. The amount of money we could have coming in when we’re in the EFL. Can attract top EFL players again as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back