• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
At times like this, the REAL enemy is not the average genuine fan, who just wants an end to the misery,…….it’s the deliberate misinformation, the bullshite, the secret agendas (hidden behind our protective non deplumes) , and the false claims and rumours……..all of which seem to exist here in plentiful and daily abundance !! 😂😂😂

I wonder how many on here are just “playing“ the rest of us for their own purposes. ????

Here’s a good idea……..Lets start cleaning up by doing away with all the user names.….. and reveal our real names instead……..I won’t hold my breath waiting though. 🤦🏻‍♂️

….what say you RON and TOM . ???

...according to the younger members of my family, and some of the older ones, mine is my real name

At times like this, the REAL enemy is not the average genuine fan, who just wants an end to the misery,…….it’s the deliberate misinformation, the bullshite, the secret agendas (hidden behind our protective non deplumes) , and the false claims and rumours……..all of which seem to exist here in plentiful and daily abundance !! 😂😂😂

I wonder how many on here are just “playing“ the rest of us for their own purposes. ????

Here’s a good idea……..Lets start cleaning up by doing away with all the user names.….. and reveal our real names instead……..I won’t hold my breath waiting though. 🤦🏻‍♂️

….what say you RON and TOM . ???
This site certainly seems to have somehow got muckier especially since the sale announcement. The mods will know more about whose who and might be more concerned about goings on, and will have a feel for that temperature, but who knows

I appreciate the desire for a higher ground, but your wish for more openness is more likely to get mocked on here, and to be honest it aint gonna happen, Too many key board warriors like to cling to a false identity whether here or on ****ter , faceslime etc

Can see us struggling this season possibly a 10 point deduction no sign of Ron leaving the club anytime soon going to be a long hard season for Kev and co

"Thunder and lightning very very frightening"

Predicted after noon !! , But predicted most of this week and last and not the slightest rumble, so fingers crossed

Another cheery thought sorry, , I cant remember players coming off over the years if lightning is flashing about but I think there's a different attitude to that nowadays and maybe rightly so ?

Fellow SHSB pupils and Old Southendians... I cant help feeling that the words of the first half of the second verse of our old school song stir something ahead of this new season, especially looking at today's weather..

And some shall picture pounding ball
on turf of sodden field
and some the fight on fiery pitch
when grit refused to yield....

Old words, written by an old member of Tuscany who attended SHSB between 1917 and 1924, but I can't help feeling that we are going to have to encourage the team to the max today, and hope they show fight and grit which refuses to yield today. Whatever the score, they deserve our support, as they could so easily have walked.

Up the Blues!!

Jonathan Crowe, attended SHSB between 1971 and 1978 (in the spirit of openness and transparency)

Fellow SHSB pupils and Old Southendians... I cant help feeling that the words of the first half of the second verse of our old school song stir something ahead of this new season, especially looking at today's weather..

on turf of sodden field

Old words, written by an old member of Tuscany who attended SHSB between 1917 and 1924, but I can't help feeling that we are going to have to encourage the team to the max today, and hope they show fight and grit which refuses to yield today. Whatever the score, they deserve our support, as they could so easily have walked.

Up the Blues!!

Jonathan Crowe, attended SHSB between 1971 and 1978 (in the spirit of openness and transparency)
Pah. At WHSB we were too busy trying (and failing) to stop Belfairs brats destroying our **** open air swimming pool to have time to sing silly songs.

Pah. At WHSB we were too busy trying (and failing) to stop Belfairs brats destroying our **** open air swimming pool to have time to sing silly songs.
If you're talking about the early 70s, sorry about that. I was one of them. A lot of us lived on that council estate next to the school. Surrey Avenue, Kent Avenue, Manchester Drive, Pavilion Drive, etc. In the summer we loved bunking into your school to use the open air pool. We also used to use the hockey pitch for football. Things came to a head one summer when a few of our lads broke into your tuck room, and stole lots of things like wagon wheels, chocolate, and boxes of crisps and quavers. They also broke off the lead pipes to sell at the scrap yard. After that the caretaker did regular patrols and so did the police.

If you're talking about the early 70s, sorry about that. I was one of them. A lot of us lived on that council estate next to the school. Surrey Avenue, Kent Avenue, Manchester Drive, Pavilion Drive, etc. In the summer we loved bunking into your school to use the open air pool. We also used to use the hockey pitch for football. Things came to a head one summer when a few of our lads broke into your tuck room, and stole lots of things like wagon wheels, chocolate, and boxes of crisps and quavers. They also broke off the lead pipes to sell at the scrap yard. After that the caretaker did regular patrols and so did the police.
There he is boys! Get ‘im!!

I only joined some time later, but the remnants of the pool were finally put out of their misery just before I joined and all the talk was of the Belfairs gits who’d trashed the place. Fair play, I’m sure it would’ve been a laugh for you guys and to be honest the pool did look a bit rubbish anyway. Still, the chance to find out for myself would’ve been nice!

I was at WHSB 68 -75 and have a vague recollection of the tuck shop being raided. The pool was so crap, it was hard to tell if it was desecrated or not, but I do recall that all pupils were sent home for two weeks to recover from the PTSD arising from some mindless hooligans using the hockey pitch to play football on!!!! Aaaaaaggghhhhh...the horror! No........don't have sleepless nights...........as a former 1st XI hockey player, I can assure you that it made no difference at all and our school honour remained intact.......except vs bloody Southend High, who always beat us ('cos they started learning two years before us.......bloody rugby!!)

I was at WHSB 68 -75 and have a vague recollection of the tuck shop being raided. The pool was so crap, it was hard to tell if it was desecrated or not, but I do recall that all pupils were sent home for two weeks to recover from the PTSD arising from some mindless hooligans using the hockey pitch to play football on!!!! Aaaaaaggghhhhh...the horror! No........don't have sleepless nights...........as a former 1st XI hockey player, I can assure you that it made no difference at all and our school honour remained intact.......except vs bloody Southend High, who always beat us ('cos they started learning two years before us.......bloody rugby!!)
Going off topic here Jacob but I was there pretty much same years as you and pleased to inform you that we did manage to get a very hard fought 0-0 draw at SHSB in the final year :Clap:

on turf of sodden field

Up the Blues!!

Personally I tend not to use my surname of Codpiece, so I am only 60% out, out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back