• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any new owner or investor that Ron Martin is touting will sadly have little or no interest in the football club
Well the London based Australians aren’t property developers but people who have an interest in investing in sports teams allegedly. They are in a similar game to Kimura. And the 5/7 are definitely not property developers. The former seem to be ahead currently. But in neither case will we end up with property developers. PS that does not mean they shouldn’t be businessmen who can take advantage of development opportunities to the benefit of the club..

Well the London based Australians aren’t property developers but people who have an interest in investing in sports teams allegedly. They are in a similar game to Kimura. And the 5/7 are definitely not property developers. The former seem to be ahead currently. But in neither case will we end up with property developers. PS that does not mean they shouldn’t be businessmen who can take advantage of development opportunities to the benefit of the club..
On the money.

The Australian rumour was confirmed to me today and also if to be believed they would have this wrapped up a lot quicker than the previous perspective buyers .
By all accounts the person in question I was talking to was a lot more excited about this deal than the previous one with Kimura
Is it definitely a deal to buy the club and rid us of Ron or is it just an investment as has previously been rumoured with the Australians?

Is it definitely a deal to buy the club and rid us of Ron or is it just an investment as has previously been rumoured with the Australians?
I believe any deal would see Ron selling his “controlling share” in the football club. Quite frankly anything less than this, would be a disaster.

Whoever it is, it needs to happen this month. No more delays. We have seen today what the management and players are capable of mustering up against all odds. Imagine what could be achieved with even just a little support from new owners. That’s not even touching on what it would do for the support and in turn our points tally.

No Ron but there are 2 men in cork hats in the directors box, 5 men who don't want to be known are also hiding in there and Jeff Brazier and his missus is there.

Only one if those is correct (excluding Ron not bring here)

Let the rumour mill begin...
Brazier was trying to hide, but his camouflage coat wasn't quite working as it should....

I've heard someone looking highly credible mention over a halftime bovril, that the real deal is actually a group of drunk Austrians made up of Arnold Schwarzenegger, Hitler, Mozart and Toni Polster

To be honest I personally wouldn’t mind investment if it meant only RM having let’s say 20% stake but investment have 50% something like that plus the other what 20% or something is from other people. This would mean at least they would be the main ones to fund the club. Fund the club so we can sign some more players I mean all we need is 4 let’s face it, this team on paper is still decent and rock solid. We could then push on and get back to the EFL where the club belongs. The amount of money we could have coming in when we’re in the EFL. Can attract top EFL players again as well.
IF… and I pray it’s not

The club is “invested in” it’s going to be from a business point of view a complete mess.

RM will need to transfer certain debts from our balance sheet to a group company.

He will need to do a debt share restructure to ensure any new owner or investor owns a a minimum of 75% as no one will want to buy 70% due to certain voting rights and stuff.

Right now, ANYONE is better than RM. I bet his at home tonight, a brandy, quoting Voltaire thinking what a kick in the face today has been for the fans!

Who are against RM.

And continue to stand daily.

IF… and I pray it’s not

The club is “invested in” it’s going to be from a business point of view a complete mess.

RM will need to transfer certain debts from our balance sheet to a group company.

He will need to do a debt share restructure to ensure any new owner or investor owns a a minimum of 75% as no one will want to buy 70% due to certain voting rights and stuff.

Right now, ANYONE is better than RM. I bet his at home tonight, a brandy, quoting Voltaire thinking what a kick in the face today has been for the fans!

Who are against RM.

One question. You feeling positive that something might just happen within the next 2/3 weeks?

IF… and I pray it’s not

Who are against RM.

Also Crate I think I can speak for many when I say please please please never leave us. Your work has been the best ever. We want you stay, we need your updates 🙏

The Australian rumour was confirmed to me today and also if to be believed they would have this wrapped up a lot quicker than the previous perspective buyers .
By all accounts the person in question I was talking to was a lot more excited about this deal than the previous one with Kimura
Who knows, perhaps this one is a genuine example of "no news is good news"...

All correct.

I haven't been able to find out how far along in a technical purchase process they are, so I can't say they've lodged a bid or started Those words are banned. I don't know those details. To be honest, I think I like it that way.

I do get the feeling though, and it is just my impression, that they are further along with Ron and engaging him/appealing to him more than anyone else has so far, which is (I say through gritted teeth) the important thing.

If it happens and RM retains a very small double-figure % shareholding but steps down as Chairman, steps away from the club and has no decision-making power then I'll take it. Might be as good as we can get for now.

Last edited:
All correct.

I haven't been able to find out how far along in a technical purchase process they are, so I can't say they've lodged a bid or started Those words are banned. I don't know those details. To be honest, I think I like it that way.

I do get the feeling though, and it is just my impression, that they are further along with Ron and engaging him/appealing to him more than anyone else has so far, which is (I say through gritted teeth) the important thing.

If it happens and RM retains a very small double-figure % shareholding but steps down as Chairman, steps away from the club and has no decision-making power then I'll take it. Might be as good as we can get for now.
See I would take this - “RM retains a very small double figure %” let’s say 12-14%. All we need to be honest is money keep the club afloat if we do that and get back in the EFL who knows how much we could get in a season. Would also mean the embargo is lifted and we can sign players so I personally wouldn’t mind. Would I like new owners yes, but if we do get investment and RM only owes a small double figure percentage, it’s better than nothing at this rate. Plus this means he wouldn’t really have a say in the footballing side of things either.

If he sells 51% then whilst he'll still have shares, he won't have the controlling interest so there's no harm he can do.
As you say, we'll take that. To be honest we have no choice in the matter.

If he sells 51% then whilst he'll still have shares, he won't have the controlling interest so there's no harm he can do.
As you say, we'll take that. To be honest we have no choice in the matter.
So true.
Ideally we want him gone but first and foremost if he's not the majority shareholder then the club immediately has a battery recharge and new direction. Once his ownership is removed, his remaining shares can be reduced to get him out.

Also Crate I think I can speak for many when I say please please please never leave us. Your work has been the best ever. We want you stay, we need your updates 🙏
Please could you give it a little rest for a while Its been nice to have had a little period without speculation which winds up many7 members I wondered how long it would be before3 it got going again. The trojan horse has left, the its happening today type stuff has become a real irritant, please, please, please, dont encourage anymore

The Joshi Boy Crate double act is getting waring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back