• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
So true.
Ideally we want him gone but first and foremost if he's not the majority shareholder then the club immediately has a battery recharge and new direction. Once his ownership is removed, his remaining shares can be reduced to get him out.
Or we could just focus our energy on the positive of the club having a new majority shareholder and just leave him with the shareholding he has. It's no-ones business where he invests his money.

Plus no-one will ever have to talk about him ever again.

Please could you give it a little rest for a while Its been nice to have had a little period without speculation which winds up many7 members I wondered how long it would be before3 it got going again. The trojan horse has left, the its happening today type stuff has become a real irritant, please, please, please, dont encourage anymore

The Joshi Boy Crate double act is getting waring

Marcus Waring - the chef? Is he involved now? This is fun

Or we could just focus our energy on the positive of the club having a new majority shareholder and just leave him with the shareholding he has. It's no-ones business where he invests his money.

Plus no-one will ever have to talk about him ever again.
Do we think if Ron was still there and say possessed a 25% holding he wouldnt have any influence ?

Personally I would be surprised

I dont want Ron and his malignant influence anywhere near my club

Do we think if Ron was still there and say possessed a 25% holding he wouldnt have any influence ?

Personally I would be surprised

I dont want Ron and his malignant influence anywhere near my club
What influence do you think he can have then?

He can't win a vote.

He'll have as much influence as the people who own the other 30% of the club have at the moment, which is precisely **** all.

EDIT - He owns 70%, so if he sells a controlling interest of 51% the maximum left is 19%. Nothing for anyone to worry about.

Last edited:
What influence do you think he can have then?

He can't win a vote.

He'll have as much influence as the people who own the other 30% of the club have at the moment, which is precisely **** all.
I take your point but Im not sure

The other 30% as we know are a large conglomerate of well over a hundred members. Ron said he definitely was going
If one person held 25% would they qualify for a board position?? What would be the rules?. Should their views be taken into account as an owner albeit of a quarter of the club. What would the innocent Ronnie expect in return for his silent 25%

As I said not sure how this would really pan out ,, but would feel a lot happier if Ron was completely out oif the picture. With him still thete in any way feels like a dark cloud hanging

I take your point but Im not sure

The other 30% as we know are a large conglomerate of well over a hundred members. Ron said he definitely was going
If one person held 25% would they qualify for a board position?? What would be the rules?. Should their views be taken into account as an owner albeit of a quarter of the club. What would the innocent Ronnie expect in return for his silent 25%

As I said not sure how this would really pan out ,, but would feel a lot happier if Ron was completely out oif the picture. With him still thete in any way feels like a dark cloud hanging

Owning 25% doesn’t qualify you for a board position but commonly you will see minority investors offered board positions as part of the deal.

This isn’t anything to be concerned by. How much influence have other directors had on proceedings the last few decades?

Ps I expect it to be a deal for the holding company shares rather than SUFC shares. So Ron will, I suspect, own no SUFC shares but will have a minority stake in the company that owns SUFC.

The shares RM owns 70% will go up, prior to any investment / purchase. They have to. With voting rights and other bits any investor or purchaser will want, they will want a minimum of 75% shareholding.

RM can easily do a share dilution around the debt he holds in the club to make this happen. If it’s purely an investment, then I’d expect RM to be holding a very minimal / peppercorn amount of shares.

The shares RM owns 70% will go up, prior to any investment / purchase. They have to. With voting rights and other bits any investor or purchaser will want, they will want a minimum of 75% shareholding.

RM can easily do a share dilution around the debt he holds in the club to make this happen. If it’s purely an investment, then I’d expect RM to be holding a very minimal / peppercorn amount of shares.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

When you say the shares will go up, that usually means the price. But there is no market for these shares and no one can set the price. Can you explain what you meant?

And 70% is 70% no matter how many times he dilutes the shares. Unless other investors own shares on behalf of Ron as nominees, he can only ever sell what he has. So how does he effect a dilution to get 75%?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

When you say the shares will go up, that usually means the price. But there is no market for these shares and no one can set the price. Can you explain what you meant?

And 70% is 70% no matter how many times he dilutes the shares. Unless other investors own shares on behalf of Ron as nominees, he can only ever sell what he has. So how does he effect a dilution to get 75%?

He holds enough debt on the balance sheet, that he could take his shareholding as high as he wants to. But absolute fact, a debt restructure will need to take place and RM or new owners shares be above 75% for it to work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back