• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect, I think you’ve missed the point of @Medway Blue post.

You talk about being grateful for hearing information not found anywhere else, well, Medway is one of the best sources of info you’re likely to find on this forum, or even outside of it.

He’s more than earned his stripes, along with the other big hitters like Smiffy, Cricko, Cockles, BW2 & Rigsby (and the others that I’m rudely forgetting - apologies guys) all of whom have brilliant connections within the club.
Your right I have missed the point guess I was trying to back it up. Probably shouldn’t of quoted his post

"You hear the biggest lies you've ever heard
And you're expected to
Almost hang on to their every word.
They took my mind and put it in a tin
Like the rest of them
So you'll find me floating in the wind."

Anyone remember that? The lyrics sound very apposite now....
Strawbs spin-off Hudson Ford

Early 70’s folk rock, SUFC and Carvairs. Great days.

Whist I agree with some of uour sentiments about it non being Rons money going in to the club, i have to say that I believe that it is massively unfair to tar all business people and politicians with a "Ron" shaped brush.

Many business people are hard headed and clever; Ron is a chancer and a shady character. 99.9% of clever business people realise that if they dont look after their staff they dont have a business!

Anna Firth has gone out of her way to be genuinely helpful in her quest to make sure the club is saved. Know Rebecca Harris (Castle Point) and Mark Francois (Rayleigh) and none of these people are 'on the make'. It is insulting to even insinuate that they might be.
My apologies Ms Firth 😉

All of this heresay and rumour was fun at the start as we fully expected a takeover.

We are now starting the season with a limited capacity stadium, bogs and bar that are shut in the west.

Embargo remains in place and a squad of 15 or 16 after a woeful pre season.

We need to see the club sold, and soon
I now see every point we get until a sale and hopefully embargo lift as a mega bonus .We mustn't let Ron destroy this season before it's started and really need to lift Kev and co with fanatical backing.Just hope Ron's mention of fans putting off prospective buyers isn't a sign of his continuing input with them.We really need every poisonous trace of him removed from our club to galvanise the lost support he has caused.

To be fair, up to a couple of years ago we didn't care much about non league teams either....
I actually cared about a few won’t lie. Chesterfield being one of them and Notts County only because they are the longest running football league club couldn’t believe it when they got relegated to the NL

We got a brief mention on BBC East just now, only in passing though.
ITV had a good piece spoke to fans at ticket office poor lady was nearly in tears talking about the club , another guy was buying shirts for his grandchildren ,maher said what a strange time at the club , Anna firth never said yes or no when asked would Ron pay his tax the reporter said if he doesn’t pay the club could fold nothing mentioned about anyone buying the club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back