• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too have seen a few screenshots and pieces of evidence from @CRATE. A little cryptic in nature sometimes, but I have certainly seen enough to believe what he says and has said about the group that he is involved with. He is trying to help, and good on him.

It's a catch-22 - people will get frustrated when they hear absolutely nothing, and people will get frustrated when they only hear some snippets. You can't win, in some ways.

I'd urge people not to doubt the existence of the group that @CRATE is working with or their intentions, but also not to get too excited about it at this stage. He will admit that he gets a bit overexcited sometimes, which is very easily done when you're actually involved like he is, but this group is one of several looking to buy the club and is no further down the line than any of the others - possibly a little way behind one in particular, actually, although that could easily change knowing RM.

All we can do is sit and wait at the moment. I have my moments when it all gets a bit too much and I have to stop reading the thread for a while, but I personally prefer some noise rather than none at all. Even speculation and cryptic messages give something to discuss and I think complete silence would send everybody completely loopy. I understand that not everybody feels that way though.

Finally, I'd like to echo some of my fellow mods. I know things are a bit tense and fraught but we all want the same thing. The constant sniping, personal jibes and playing of the poster is unnecessary. We try to keep it in check but we all have day jobs and lives too, and there are some posters who are making more work for us. Please just try to chill out, play nicely and see what happens in the next few weeks.
As a fan of Southend United I signed up to SZ to discuss all things Southend United.
I’m looking for information that if I wasn’t on the zone I would only be able to get from the OS, BBC or CP.
Therefore the zone gives me more insight into kits, players, community, travel and loads more so it is and has been a real benefit now and in the past.
If there was no such information on here then I would have to wait for OS etc and the zone would be a little pointless imo
We now find ourselves in almost complete blackouts regarding communication of the sale process outside of the zone so as I see it this is the only place we may find out a little more.
So many of us refreshing multiple times a day because of the above and then when we get this information so many of us ready to shoot it down.

Why are you here? If all this information does is wind you up then revert back to OS etc for your information instead of turning the zone into in many cases a toxic forum, especially when most all day they want the same thing.

Be grateful to those that share information but also always be mindful that things can change. The reason that things change is 100% not in the control of the poster who relayed the information in good faith with the best intentions.

Here is to the day that we go back to talking about how our team played and how proud we all are to be a shrimper 🦐

The man may well be a "clever" businessman but he has the morals and principles of a politican, always on the make and only doing what's right for him.
Whist I agree with some of uour sentiments about it non being Rons money going in to the club, i have to say that I believe that it is massively unfair to tar all business people and politicians with a "Ron" shaped brush.

Many business people are hard headed and clever; Ron is a chancer and a shady character. 99.9% of clever business people realise that if they dont look after their staff they dont have a business!

Anna Firth has gone out of her way to be genuinely helpful in her quest to make sure the club is saved. Know Rebecca Harris (Castle Point) and Mark Francois (Rayleigh) and none of these people are 'on the make'. It is insulting to even insinuate that they might be.

Last edited:
Whist I agree with some of uour sentiments about it non being Rons money going in to the club, i have to say that I believe that it is massively unfair to tar all business people and politicians with a "Ron" shaped brush.

Many business people are hard headed and clever; Ron is a chancer and a shady character. 99.9% of clever business people realise that if they dont look after their staff they dont have a business!

Anna Firth has gone out of her way to be genuinely helpful in her quest to make sure the club is saved. Know Rebecca Harris (Castle Point) and Mark Francois (Rayleigh) and none of these people are 'on the make'. It is insulting to even insinuate that they might be.
Not sure why you are quoting my post in your reply about politicians.

I will say that until the club was almost gone it seems no local politician got involved, dare I say that it suits their agenda to get involved as if they didnt they may have looked bad? Which ever it is I am grateful they have, for the efforts they have put in and hopefully that will produce a good outcome for us all

Not sure why you are quoting my post in your reply about politicians.

I will say that until the club was almost gone it seems no local politician got involved, dare I say that it suits their agenda to get involved as if they didnt they may have looked bad? Which ever it is I am grateful they have, for the efforts they have put in and hopefully that will produce a good outcome for us all
Apologies. Don't let middle aged time poor people have mobile phones!! 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: TJC
Why are you here? If all this information does is wind you up then revert back to OS etc for your information instead of turning the zone into in many cases a toxic forum, especially when most all day they want the same thing.

Be grateful to those that share information but also always be mindful that things can change. The reason that things change is 100% not in the control of the poster who relayed the information in good faith with the best intentions.

With all due respect, I think you’ve missed the point of @Medway Blue post.

You talk about being grateful for hearing information not found anywhere else, well, Medway is one of the best sources of info you’re likely to find on this forum, or even outside of it.

He’s more than earned his stripes, along with the other big hitters like Smiffy, Cricko, Cockles, BW2 & Rigsby (and the others that I’m rudely forgetting - apologies guys) all of whom have brilliant connections within the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back