• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple answer is! There is ZERO return for me. I do not want one or need one! I have attended meetings, hosted zoom calls and made calls (pertaining to my day to day role) to facilitate introductions where needed and just made myself available to help, including clearing a work diary numerous times.

For instance, the York owner to gain a report from him on his experience of potentially trying to buy SUFC in 2019 being one. To try and build a picture of what it’s really like.

I’ve done it, because some how (through my day job in Sports Publishing) I got asked some Q about SUFC as someone knew I was a fan and have been outspoken and then was privy to some information and continue to have been so.

Facts are, I can’t stand RM. I’ve done my best to make his life very hard. The documentary filming in January cost me personally £3,000, the day at court £400, the court and legal fees for my banning order £7,000 due to the protests in 2021. It’s not about money or ROI or an opportunity. I just want the man gone like everyone else, maybe I am too outspoken and maybe I should shut up as it may all slap me in the face, but I can assure you it’s done with good intentions. Believe it or not.
I fully believe you Crate and it isnt easy being an ITK not just in this arena but any arena.

So in summary. Ron wants to sell. Some unknown people might want to buy. Ron's being Ron.

I know a lot of you don't want to hear this but Ron does want to sell and FF is still very much on the table.

There is other news (some good) but like all the other posters who know such stuff I will not go into further details as like all football talk, it may not happen. So we don't want to be targeted by the angry know nothing trolls.

Club should not be such a mess, we have solid support, it's even stuck around despite two relegations and has the potential to grow massively if managed right and a stadium fit and welcoming to others.

It's not like in recent history we have gone all out for a tilt at the premiership, I appreciate money was probably wasted on over the Hill players that didn't pay off. We had two very valuable assets in the current ground and boots and laces which could of easily have been sold and produced the funds for a very suitable new stadium.

My view is that Ron has wanted to keep as much of this money he would get from the sale for himself and over the years has been trying to find ways that could of got the cheapest possible stadium with as little of his own money going into it as possible. I don't believe he has been covering the annual losses, I believe he has simply placed the debt back on the club with loans against it. In effect he has put little to £0 of his own money into the club other than the initial purchase of the club. I also have an inkling that he has taken more money out of the club than he has let on over the years.

The man may well be a "clever" businessman but he has the morals and principles of a politican, always on the make and only doing what's right for him.

He's run out of hands to play now, he either gets investment and keeps his pension pot and we limp on for a year or two or it's game over - given the amount of charges, hidden and known against the club, I can't see anyone buying us now.

I saw that thought I was dreaming for a second. I wonder what it means. Could have a thousand answers to it. I first thought maybe they’re flying with this takeover (with the 5 other people) but not too sure. Another cryptic post it could be
One of two things I reckon. Either the white dove of hope is flying towards the light, as a hopeful thing OR the hope dove is going towards the incredible heat in a hopeless quest??????

I too have seen a few screenshots and pieces of evidence from @CRATE. A little cryptic in nature sometimes, but I have certainly seen enough to believe what he says and has said about the group that he is involved with. He is trying to help, and good on him.

It's a catch-22 - people will get frustrated when they hear absolutely nothing, and people will get frustrated when they only hear some snippets. You can't win, in some ways.

I'd urge people not to doubt the existence of the group that @CRATE is working with or their intentions, but also not to get too excited about it at this stage. He will admit that he gets a bit overexcited sometimes, which is very easily done when you're actually involved like he is, but this group is one of several looking to buy the club and is no further down the line than any of the others - possibly a little way behind one in particular, actually, although that could easily change knowing RM.

All we can do is sit and wait at the moment. I have my moments when it all gets a bit too much and I have to stop reading the thread for a while, but I personally prefer some noise rather than none at all. Even speculation and cryptic messages give something to discuss and I think complete silence would send everybody completely loopy. I understand that not everybody feels that way though.

Finally, I'd like to echo some of my fellow mods. I know things are a bit tense and fraught but we all want the same thing. The constant sniping, personal jibes and playing of the poster is unnecessary. We try to keep it in check but we all have day jobs and lives too, and there are some posters who are making more work for us. Please just try to chill out, play nicely and see what happens in the next few weeks.

Finally, I'd like to echo some of my fellow mods. I know things are a bit tense and fraught but we all want the same thing. The constant sniping, personal jibes and playing of the poster is unnecessary. We try to keep it in check but we all have day jobs and lives too, and there are some posters who are making more work for us. Please just try to chill out, play nicely and see what happens in the next few weeks.

Make it easier on yourselves and dish out some temp bans for those that persistently snipe.
Some of the comments on here, particularly one yesterday (which was removed), are bang out of order.

Simple answer is! There is ZERO return for me. I do not want one or need one! I have attended meetings, hosted zoom calls and made calls (pertaining to my day to day role) to facilitate introductions where needed and just made myself available to help, including clearing a work diary numerous times.

For instance, the York owner to gain a report from him on his experience of potentially trying to buy SUFC in 2019 being one. To try and build a picture of what it’s really like.

I’ve done it, because some how (through my day job in Sports Publishing) I got asked some Q about SUFC as someone knew I was a fan and have been outspoken and then was privy to some information and continue to have been so.

Facts are, I can’t stand RM. I’ve done my best to make his life very hard. The documentary filming in January cost me personally £3,000, the day at court £400, the court and legal fees for my banning order £7,000 due to the protests in 2021. It’s not about money or ROI or an opportunity. I just want the man gone like everyone else, maybe I am too outspoken and maybe I should shut up as it may all slap me in the face, but I can assure you it’s done with good intentions. Believe it or not.

For instance this morning, getting dogs abuse for buying 20 tickets to the charity comedy show last night and gifting them out… do you think I just want to spend £300 on tickets to give away for the fun of it! 😂
Thank you.

I think we can all empathise with wanting Ron out so hopefully this can clear up any misconceptions. I am though mindful of some of the misconceptions that arose from Stan’s involvement that Stan’s had to clarify several times since, so whilst like Stan this comes from a desire to see the club succeed do you want to clarify whether you are/will be seeking any remuneration/stake for your involvement?

Club should not be such a mess, we have solid support, it's even stuck around despite two relegations and has the potential to grow massively if managed right and a stadium fit and welcoming to others.

It's not like in recent history we have gone all out for a tilt at the premiership, I appreciate money was probably wasted on over the Hill players that didn't pay off. We had two very valuable assets in the current ground and boots and laces which could of easily have been sold and produced the funds for a very suitable new stadium.

My view is that Ron has wanted to keep as much of this money he would get from the sale for himself and over the years has been trying to find ways that could of got the cheapest possible stadium with as little of his own money going into it as possible. I don't believe he has been covering the annual losses, I believe he has simply placed the debt back on the club with loans against it. In effect he has put little to £0 of his own money into the club other than the initial purchase of the club. I also have an inkling that he has taken more money out of the club than he has let on over the years.

The man may well be a "clever" businessman but he has the morals and principles of a politican, always on the make and only doing what's right for him.

He's run out of hands to play now, he either gets investment and keeps his pension pot and we limp on for a year or two or it's game over - given the amount of charges, hidden and known against the club, I can't see anyone buying us now.

Shame no one thought of that and sold it to Sainsbury's 30 years ago......Would have solved all our problems.

I may have reached an age when I'm a bit more relaxed about life than many, but can I suggest that if you get wound up about a post, then don't read any more from that poster, better still, put the poster on ignore. If you choose not to do this, then any stress you put on yourself is entirely down to you, and does not require prodding a poster with an on-line pointy stick.

Believe me, if any Club news gets out, either through an official announcement, or via a trusted leak, this place will be full of the details within minutes of any break through and you will miss none of it.

Thank you.

I think we can all empathise with wanting Ron out so hopefully this can clear up any misconceptions. I am though mindful of some of the misconceptions that arose from Stan’s involvement that Stan’s had to clarify several times since, so whilst like Stan this comes from a desire to see the club succeed do you want to clarify whether you are/will be seeking any remuneration/stake for your involvement?
I’ve already said in the message you’ve quoted! I’m just trying to help! I expect and want nothing. Nothing at all for any help I can offer / give!

I’ve already said in the message you’ve quoted! I’m just trying to help! I expect and want nothing. Nothing at all for any help I can offer / give!
I’ve been told by an ITK that you’re a generous man. Always been that way since you were knee high to a cigar box.

Why do you entertain some of the people on here. At the end of the day most of us really appreciate the insight you give us as without that we would have absolutely no idea of what was going on.

Keep up the good work and ignore the trolls. Hopefully the other ITKs can do this too as more people appreciate this than you can possibly imagine.

Keep up the great work and lets hope for some good news asap.

I know a lot of you don't want to hear this but Ron does want to sell and FF is still very much on the table.

There is other news (some good) but like all the other posters who know such stuff I will not go into further details as like all football talk, it may not happen. So we don't want to be targeted by the angry know nothing trolls.
Damn it Riggers, you’ve ruined my Friday, you old devil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back