• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
A warning for those who want to exploit the full potential of our club by seeking American owners.........careful what you wish for!😉 My local club (90kms!), Toulouse F C, won the French Cup Final last night against Nantes. IIUC, this would normally qualify them to play in Europe but due to their American owners running other European clubs (one of the Milan sides), they may well be illegible. Just saying.....🤣🤣🤣
Given they let RB Leipzig and Salzburg in, you'll be fine

A warning for those who want to exploit the full potential of our club by seeking American owners.........careful what you wish for!😉 My local club (90kms!), Toulouse F C, won the French Cup Final last night against Nantes. IIUC, this would normally qualify them to play in Europe but due to their American owners running other European clubs (one of the Milan sides), they may well be illegible. Just saying.....🤣🤣🤣
I'll take winning the fa cup and worry about the European element over what we have at the moment!!!!

What is Steve Nash net worth? I’m sure it’s been mentioned, but 102 pages is a lot to trawl through….
Google will tell you around 100 million. In reality he is worth a lot more and rolls with multiple billionaires. Nothing to worry about there.

Whoever takes over I really hope they keep the same management and coaching staff together with SC, JS and TL. If its Nash and Stan has a link with him then we would hopefully be ok. If the Ferdinand brothers get involved then I worry that after a few months they would parachute in some of their Spammer buddies in various roles.

The average ticket price will be a fair bit lower than £15 - even my adult season ticket works out cheaper than that!

I suspect under half of our crowd are actually paying adult prices. These aren’t only kids but also senior citizens (which is for some reason only 60), young adults (up to 23), emergency workers, disabled people, students, complementary tickets etc.
Yes, you're right... there are actually 17 different price bands for tickets and taking some educated guesses as to the split, it's just over £11 a ticket. Over a season that's around £1m net of VAT based on an average crowd of 5000. Interestingly, that's around £35k per home game from non-season ticket holders.

The principle holds though, only it is even less attractive and not sounding so easy.

Last edited:
Nash would be insane, can’t see it happening though.
Nash would be insane, can’t see it happening though.

He will have people talking to the people dealing with the sale if he interested
Now Tom said he know of to intressting partys one local and one from london .Now my question is has stev nash got peple who work for him in London .I would have thought he would have other people doing the spade work for him .Rathet than hin trecking half way around the world To put an offer in .

Don’t know why a lot of people have put Nash in the frame for our next owner.
If he don’t take us over, there will be a lot of disappointment.
I personally don’t have any scruples who it is as long as they are minted. And not afraid to splash the cash.

I can't wait for Nash to take over. Build the stadium, rent it/the training ground out to American sport teams while not giving Maher money for players.

Now Tom said he know of to intressting partys one local and one from london .Now my question is has stev nash got peple who work for him in London .I would have thought he would have other people doing the spade work for him .Rathet than hin trecking half way around the world To put an offer in .
His father is from London.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back