• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read anything the past 2 weeks, but in my opinion, no one is interested in the team itself.

Which was my opinion when Carl & his pension fund wanted the club.

Any new owners would shaft us, the fans. Any excitement about progressing as a FOOTBALL club is a load of ********. However, if you want to buy a new flat or you like potential stadiums with conference rooms, then you could get excited I guess...

Firstly I have always said I appreciate and welcome your updates.

My confusion is around the verification of the info provided, as it isn’t logical.

The area I work in is not sport and I can’t comment on buying stadiums and running clubs, what I do know is that in business you do not usually verify something based on being emailed data and reading it. It takes a might longer to gather info to verify what you have been sent.

Think we are all only to well aware it’s a failing business, in a complete mess and that RM is playing both sides and more. I don’t think anyone believes what he says I know I for sure don’t, the man has lied to my face, but your right in the end he will pretty much get what he wants, I can’t see how he loses personally.
Westcliff why don't you just wait for the documentary to air on Netflix or Prime etc and then all the machinations will be revealed by err Ted Rogers and dusty bin ...

I haven't read anything the past 2 weeks, but in my opinion, no one is interested in the team itself.

Which was my opinion when Carl & his pension fund wanted the club.

Any new owners would shaft us, the fans. Any excitement about progressing as a FOOTBALL club is a load of ********. However, if you want to buy a new flat or you like potential stadiums with conference rooms, then you could get excited I guess...
Unfortunately that's where we've been for 25 years. The Wrexham lads were a 'once in a lifetime' happenstance - unless there's a multi-millionaire Southend fan out there who is happy to lose money running the Club whoever comes in with have financial motivations for doing so.

Personally all I want after the last decade is a Club that pays its players and staff, pays its tax and tries to compete every Saturday. If someone has dreams of making a fortune off the back of that then it is what it is.

CRATE's getting more stick than Ron Martin on this thread.
CRATE just needs to remember the words of Abraham Lincoln, one of the greatest US presidents ever:

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."

For what it is worth, I really appreciate CRATE's energetic efforts to keep the fans of the club in the picture.

This. At a time where the majority of us are confused enough regarding what’s going on with this whole takeover saga.. the last thing we need to do is try to figure out what your cryptic clues are. Just speak a fools english.
I get Crate is trying to be nice but this constant tid bit news and bringing up everyone’s hopes for it to be all for nothing is getting a bit on the crap side. Best bet for him is to stay off site and wait for it to be done. If it will ever get done.

What has become of this zone where people are getting messages like that???!!! Mods should start removing people who DM things like that. Its not right

Ignore these people CRATE, i have beeen impressed with your work and keeping us in the loop
The thing about DMs though @Loan Shark Linda, is that they are private, and neither you nor us has a clue they exist unless the recipient tells us so. As mods, we don't have a magic ball where we see everything, so if posters receive messages they find offensive, then report them to us. But thanks for the heads up on what we should do, always helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back