• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crate and Josh Boy seem joined at the hip :Winking:

Heres another one

"The Trojan fled from the Hall whilst the Romans went forward on Vespas"

Which I understand means a group of Greek orthodox restaurant owners are no longer interested in making a bid but a new bidder is in fact a group of Franciscan ( Assisi ) Monks who have built up a wealthy portfolio investing in space travel !

Simples

Just to briefly lighten the mood When I was doing my MA in Management, part of the programme involved a testing retreat for a fortnight at a Franciscan Friary, I wasnt looking forward to it, I knew it would involve a lot of behavioural and Psychological tests , analysis and challenges

When we arrived in the evening we were led to what turned out to be a spacious bar, with many a brew some home made. Just then a Franciscan Monk in a large ankle length brown habit appeared in red and white striped football socks and his old brown footie boots, Knackered form his game He poured us a few tasters whilst mentioning Vespas at 4.30 in morning which for a moment I though wine, beer and now early morning mad scooter rides around the grounds

Its completely true that the next day 40 or so young women from a nearby highly posh private school joined for a retreat experience

At that point i realised that an MA was a waste of time and joining the Monkery was the only way forward !

Mods sorry happy for you to delete this after 5 minutes? or before if you wish

I'm actually looking at things differently today, all summer I've been doom and gloom and thinking this is the end, however KM and the staff have all stuck around, surely bridge has had offers to go yet still here,the staff have now all been paid to date, @CRATE has stuck to his guns in what he is saying, and even been on national radio, I don't know the guy but he has put himself out there for all to see,I feel we just have to be patient, man u are still up for sale and been on going for ages, it may now be an investor which is probably what Ron wants but he will hopefully be away from the football side. I'm trying to be optimistic now and am looking forward to going on Saturday and think we may just have to be patient, we could of gone by now if the worse was to happen

Not me, I have zero knowledge of Macqurie.

I do however have a positive feeling about today. For many reasons.
Things are about to get interesting me thinks
Jesus ! What a surprise ! yet again NOTHING, say again NOTHING has happen today, is it any wonder people have become cynical and disbelieving when they read posts like these.

Another day goes by and the silence is deafening, are the people interested in buying/investing in the club ever going to break cover and go public, because if they are serious, they are going to have to at some time.

Jesus ! What a surprise ! yet again NOTHING, say again NOTHING has happen today, is it any wonder people have become cynical and disbelieving when they read posts like these.

Another day goes by and the silence is deafening, are the people interested in buying/investing in the club ever going to break cover and go public, because if they are serious, they are going to have to at some time.
Just coz he has said that he has a good feeling about today doesn’t mean it would be a public announcement. Could be that there’s stuff positively going on behind the scenes etc.

Do you think… just because a meeting takes place and people work their bollocks off trying to put things in place. That means it’s coming out today.

Maybe more the fact a few people know a meetings taken place, the context and why and that they’re trying.

Shoot the messenger it’s fine!

For a start you have no idea what has been going on today. I have been informed of developments but am unable to share details on here, it’s not my place. I can tell you that there have been developments, @CRATE may or may not share them, that’s his choice but not my place too. I just said things could be about to get interesting which the may well do over the next day or two or maybe week or two. There is nothing ever straight forward when dealing with Ron it’s often one step forward and five back. It’s hard for us all, I’m as desperate as the next fan to see the situation resolved and in fact I’ve never been this disinterested in the first game of the season as I do at the moment. I’m sure when I walk into RH I will feel different but for now it’s a waiting game as it has been all summer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back