• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there's some truth in that and Ron didn't want to be definitive with his price until the end of the season. Talks are ongoing between Nash/his representatives and GSW (General Sports Worldwide) and there are more scheduled meetings planned in the days/weeks ahead.

Since when has Ron been definitive about anything?

Says Ron.

The club is really poorly run.

Matchday being a prime example. So much more could be done to generate revenue but it isn't. The fare on offer is the same now as it was 20 years ago.

A few crappy tasting burgers, poor alcohol selection, no pre match entertainment or anything for the kids.

Wouldn't make fortunes but just an obvious example.
This is 100% right, other grounds have moved forward and maximise match day revenue- Food, Bar and club shop sales - with the poor offering of all 3 of these at RH - we are losing millions every season. I would suggest that most fans would prefer to spend money in Railway/ Spread / Blue Boar, Fish House, etc. Just making some investment in these areas alone and it could pay for the upkeep of the ground until FF.

This is 100% right, other grounds have moved forward and maximise match day revenue- Food, Bar and club shop sales - with the poor offering of all 3 of these at RH - we are losing millions every season. I would suggest that most fans would prefer to spend money in Railway/ Spread / Blue Boar, Fish House, etc. Just making some investment in these areas alone and it could pay for the upkeep of the ground until FF.
This is a good point. The Shrimpers Bar now has a restriction on the number of people inside; there’s queues to get in and when you are allowed in it’s half empty inside. Am told it’s a health and safety thing but it’s definitely a lot quieter in there than it used to be, so difficult to believe that reason as it’s only recently been put in place. Either way, the club loses money as people now go elsewhere.

Wrexham aren’t going to be moving from the Racecourse - Rob and Ryan are very proud of it being the oldest football stadium in the World that’s still in use.

They are spending many millions building a new Kop stand:

Agreed. Small point - Maidenhead is the oldest football stadium still in use. Wrexham is the oldest international football stadium still in use.

Pernickity? Moi?

I spoke to TL briefly before the game, he was making a rare walk to The West stand early on. I asked him about any interest in buying the club and he said he only knew of two groups, one from London and one local one.

I mentioned the name Steve Nash to him, he said that was the first he had heard of him although i don't for one minute think that is true and by the look on his face he didn't either, but of course he cannot divulge anything.

There were a couple of rumours i heard yesterday from people , one who works for the club that Nash was in the directors box yesterday. How true is that is anybodies guess but it would be nice if it was,

The potential at Southend is huge, get shot of Ron and I think we will be cooking on gas.

Already large fanbase, Huge potential for more.

Come on Nashy/ Collymore Consortium/ Henrik/ Ron's Cleaner - let's not be the pension pot of a pound shop version of the chap who started Plimico Plumbers - lets start fulfilling the potential 😀

There were a couple of rumours i heard yesterday from people , one who works for the club that Nash was in the directors box yesterday. How true is that is anybodies guess but it would be nice if it was,
Although he isn’t a household name over here and I’d walk past him in the street without recognising him wouldn’t someone have spotted him and got a pic? Or CP or other media?

Although he isn’t a household name over here and I’d walk past him in the street without recognising him wouldn’t someone have spotted him and got a pic? Or CP or other media?
You would of thought so but like you i would not know him from Adam.

I spoke to TL briefly before the game, he was making a rare walk to The West stand early on. I asked him about any interest in buying the club and he said he only knew of two groups, one from London and one local one.

I mentioned the name Steve Nash to him, he said that was the first he had heard of him although i don't for one minute think that is true and by the look on his face he didn't either, but of course he cannot divulge anything.

If he was, he’d have been impressed by the support surely..fingers crossed 🤞🏻

John, now the impossible dream is over, reality should start to sink in. I see our position akin to a person hanging by their fingertips from a tall building with the abyss below. Someone better come and save us pdq. I fear that if we thought the past season was stressful, just wait for the next few months.😧

Really good to hear this sort of news. At least two potentials.

Maybe Nash sent representatives rather than go himself? Seems more likely.

Someone please take our club out of the Ron martin doldrums .Our club has great scope in the right hands .I think we all know this wont be a quick sale .But lets hope before the summer is out Ron will be gone .And a new name will lead the club forwards .

The one worry I’ve had in mind here is that Ron will price the club too high. I had a thought this morning though. If I’m selling my house, the estate agent values it. They will put it on the market for me at a reasonable asking price. If I want double the valuation, they won’t want to waste time and money on me.

I’m sure this sports agency will have done their Those words are banned here with RM. Price will have been estimated and “I won’t get all my money back sadly” is probably a statement off the back of those conversations.

Out of interest, where did the Steve Nash rumour / connection come from?

Is there any substance to him being in the frame?

Regardless of what TL said am sure he’s only able to divulge what he’s allowed to.

Just hope whatever happens happens soon so we can start player recruitment for next season quickly. Also to ensure the likes of Cav, Bridge and GSM stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back