• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem :with the 5 is are they real? Who are they? What are their plans? What have the offered? Have they offered anything? We need a real solution that saves the club, and ensures the players and staff are paid on time every month. And the football department can get on with their plans.

You obviously know who the Australians are as you describe them as property developers? Is there more you can share? Not saying you’re wrong- I don’t have a clue who they are.
Property developers that have come to the other side of the world to Southend, to build houses??

I think you are naive if you thing not being the chairman stops you being in control … he will totally be in control this will be a short win for the fans in their battle to be a credible football club once again. This will be the worst outcome possible and clearly the one Ron was always waiting for … basically he never goes away
your last sentence “basically he never goes away”……couldn’t be more depressing. Like a malignant cancer.

If they are Australians ,i think they would be good for the club, love to know there names,90% of Australians love their sports, and im sure if they bought into the club it would be a good thing. Now i wonder if the Aussie that played for us a couple of seasons back may have anything to do with this .

If they are Australians ,i think they would be good for the club, love to know there names,90% of Australians love their sports, and im sure if they bought into the club it would be a good thing. Now i wonder if the Aussie that played for us a couple of seasons back may have anything to do with this .
Plenty of Australians who love football and some already investing in English clubs (at Swindon Town for example).

So it COULD be a positive, absolutely. Could also just be some dodgy property developer too.

And that’s the problem, we don’t know and are constantly kept in the dark so rely on rumour and guesswork. It’s all so depressing.

As you say they maybe Australian. Though I think it was mentioned earlier that it might have been Macquarie Bank or Macquarie Investments. If that's the case I would rather Ron as Macquarie would make him look like an altar boy. Macquarie have a track record of screwing everything for all they've got.

This is hilarious. @CRATE mentions something about these mystery antipodeans (including "if what I am told is true...") and posters are running away with their imagination, what the intentions of these Australians are, what Ron is up to, how he'll be involved.

On the one hand, we bemoan that Ron is asking too much for a club with no assets, but now these investors want to make a killing by stripping our assets!

Haven't we chased enough tails that lead nowhere already to have learned our lesson? And Ron's hardly going to present buyers to us for us to choose which one we want. Eventually (I hope), the club will be sold and, when this happens, it will sold to the buyer he agrees to. Yes, it will be the buyer that suits Ron FOR Ron. I doubt, if he has a choice of buyer (doubtful) he'll settle for a lower bid because he thinks it's right for the club.

Until then, we just need to keep supporting our club, players and management whilst maintaining pressure on Ron.

Shut the **** up about a phoenix club . Stop guessing what these Australians are about until we get some more information. We don’t even know if they sre taking over yet so let’s not right them off already bloody hell
Li
Shut the **** up about a phoenix club . Stop guessing what these Australians are about until we get some more information. We don’t even know if they sre taking over yet so let’s not right them off already bloody hell
Happy for you to come and tell me to "shut the F up" to my face son?, more than happy to arrange that and see if you're as brave as you are behind the safety of a PC.

Not been on this thread for a few days, mainly because i didn't see anything happening and it had gone very very quiet (eerily quiet in fact)

So, is the consortium of 5 still going strong or have they as yet not put in an offer? The Aussies from the posts I have read seem to be leading the race but we know nothing about them? Their deal seems to keep RM involved in the club something no one wants?

Not been on this thread for a few days, mainly because i didn't see anything happening and it had gone very very quiet (eerily quiet in fact)

So, is the consortium of 5 still going strong or have they as yet not put in an offer? The Aussies from the posts I have read seem to be leading the race but we know nothing about them? Their deal seems to keep RM involved in the club something no one wants?
Nobody knows for sure, as ever.

There is a new Australian investment rumour that consensus suggests is a consortium of Kylie Minogue, Hugh Jackman and Nell Mangle.

The word investment has spooked others and raised strong fears of a puppet ownership still controlled by Ron.

So very much as you were, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back