• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron only owns 70% of the club. Any deal for SUFC is likely to take his shareholding below 50%. At that point he can be overruled. As everyone who brought shares can attest being a minority shareholder doesn’t confer many rights.

I suspect the investment is therefore more likely in one of the parent companies.

I am automatically sceptical of how much someone investing for its development potential will want to invest in the club and footballing operations. That seems like a recipe for being asset stripped.
Isn't the club already asset stripped? What's left?

The parent company investment is logical though, to retain control of the club

Surely a big demo down the hightstreet prior to the game engage everyone all the groups get loads of media exposure
I'm sure there were a couple last season, which attracted around 50-100 'young uns'. Need around 10 times that number .But judging the numbers who have turned up outside his home in the last 3 weeks, would that amount turn out?.

I think most people would prefer the five local businessmen however I don’t think we’ve really heard anything that makes it seem likely that they’re near putting in an offer for the club let alone completing a purchase and outing Ron once and for all (unless someone can tell me differently). If the Aussies are a serious alternative, which we don’t know for sure yet (unless someone can tell me differently), then I think we need to take what we can get and keep up the pressure on Ron in the form of protests until he, or his family, decide they’ve had enough.
I suppose it depends on who the local businessmen are? There are plenty that we probably wouldn’t want - could be fans with the clubs longevity at heart at one extreme or the type mentioned here a few weeks ago that would want the land at the other extreme. (Though I accept Cricko has said he has been contacted by one of the 5 and that he thinks they would be ok).

I’m not that fussed whether they were local or Australian- it would depend on their intentions and motivations. (obviously local would make it easier to stage future protests 😉).

Ron only owns 70% of the club. Any deal for SUFC is likely to take his shareholding below 50%. At that point he can be overruled. As everyone who brought shares can attest being a minority shareholder doesn’t confer many rights.

I suspect the investment is therefore more likely in one of the parent companies.

I am automatically sceptical of how much someone investing for its development potential will want to invest in the club and footballing operations. That seems like a recipe for being asset stripped.
If anyone sees Southend United ltd as a company ripe for asset stripping, they are 25/40 years too late!

Surely we’d all take that. Given the alternatives.
Are you out of your mind man?.

Do you honestly think a bunch of Australians will come over just to run the football side of things whilst the 🐀 silently does his thing whilst taking a percentage?.

Have we not learnt a thing from 25 years under this **** and yet more slimy property developers who will help fund yet more asset stripping whilst pretending to "Fukin love the club"?.

I would rather a phoenix club than this scenario, for gods sake don't be taken in on anymore of this man's crap.

What a group of local business men who tried hand over foot to buy their local club ? Instead Australian property developers working with Ron Martin as silent partner ?
The problem :with the 5 is are they real? Who are they? What are their plans? What have the offered? Have they offered anything? We need a real solution that saves the club, and ensures the players and staff are paid on time every month. And the football department can get on with their plans.

You obviously know who the Australians are as you describe them as property developers? Is there more you can share? Not saying you’re wrong- I don’t have a clue who they are.

There’s still time .. but if it means us not going bust .. I mean ideally Martin would be totally out the picture. If it means the embargo getting shifted and us having half a chance yeah. For now. Should the protests continue? Yes ..
So if an investor came in to save the club, ensured staff and players are paid every month on time. And the football department were able to get on with the job, Putting in their own chairman. You would welcome them with continuing protests? Are you sure?

The problem :with the 5 is are they real? Who are they? What are their plans? What have the offered? Have they offered anything? We need a real solution that saves the club, and ensures the players and staff are paid on time every month. And the football department can get on with their plans.

You obviously know who the Australians are as you describe them as property developers? Is there more you can share? Not saying you’re wrong- I don’t have a clue who they are.
I think you have to ask yourself WHY a bunch of Australian businessmen would want to invest in an English national league side whilst keeping the 🐀 as a silent partner without any real gain?. It don't take a genius to work out what type of business they're in but I could be wrong of course.

Maybe in a pub out in the bush a group of miners struck gold literally and by chance were watching us at 3am their time on a dodgy channel and thought let's give it a crack boys.

We never know.....

I think you are naive if you thing not being the chairman stops you being in control … he will totally be in control this will be a short win for the fans in their battle to be a credible football club once again. This will be the worst outcome possible and clearly the one Ron was always waiting for … basically he never goes away
No the worst outcome possible for most supporters is no club?

So if an investor came in to save the club, ensured staff and players are paid every month on time. And the football department were able to get on with the job, Putting in their own chairman. You would welcome them with continuing protests? Are you sure?
Protests continuing to ensure Ron is out of the picture, sure. We don’t know enough yet, do we ..

I think you have to ask yourself WHY a bunch of Australian businessmen would want to invest in an English national league side whilst keeping the 🐀 as a silent partner without any real gain?. It don't take a genius to work out what type of business they're in but I could be wrong of course.

Maybe in a pub out in the bush a group of miners struck gold literally and by chance were watching us at 3am their time on a dodgy channel and thought let's give it a crack boys.

We never know.....
There’s an awful lot of supposition in there just at the minute. Let’s see what (if anything) happens and then take a view?

No the worst outcome possible for most supporters is no club?
No, it's having the martin family have anything to do with our club which be ultimately be a slow drawn out death because a leopard don't change its spots especially a snaky one like him.

Our reputation to attract players, proper sponsorship etc will only start to come back when the 🐀 is 💯 gone I can tell you that and I for one would rather see us in a bury or Wimbledon type situation in a few years than hsve the Martin cloud over our heads forever.

Are you out of your mind man?.

Do you honestly think a bunch of Australians will come over just to run the football side of things whilst the 🐀 silently does his thing whilst taking a percentage?.

Have we not learnt a thing from 25 years under this **** and yet more slimy property developers who will help fund yet more asset stripping whilst pretending to "Fukin love the club"?.

I would rather a phoenix club than this scenario, for gods sake don't be taken in on anymore of this man's crap.
None of us know what this ‘investment’ entails. Until we do I’m happy for the club to survive. Ron ideally would have no say in or part of the club’s future. Look at the complete state of RH. It’s a disgrace. Not paying staff .. equally a disgrace. I’m not defending the ****.

None of us know what this ‘investment’ entails. Until we do I’m happy for the club to survive. Ron ideally would have no say in or part of the club’s future. Look at the complete state of RH. It’s a disgrace. Not paying staff .. equally a disgrace. I’m not defending the ****.
My point is no decent and proper businessman would have anything to do with the 🐀 unless they were both stupid and due to make a killing off our club and it's assets.

IMO, We're best off without him 💯 or start again as a phoenix club because anything involving the 🐀 is once again a slow death..

My point is no decent and proper businessman would have anything to do with the 🐀 unless they were both stupid and due to make a killing off our club and it's assets.

IMO, We're best off without him 💯 or start again as a phoenix club because anything involving the 🐀 is once again a slow death..
Shut the **** up about a phoenix club . Stop guessing what these Australians are about until we get some more information. We don’t even know if they sre taking over yet so let’s not right them off already bloody hell

There is nothing to asset strip from the club itself. But you are right, you would think the investment and running (and financing) of the club would also involve interest in at least some elements of the wider development. It may be through investment in a parent company but actually might be easier through a newco vehicle specifically for the purpose and which holds relevant assets.

Who knows…will be very interesting to find out. Big question will be is this still on basis of club staying at RH or is this keeping FF stadium proposals alive? So much we don’t know as I say…

I think most people would prefer the five local businessmen however I don’t think we’ve really heard anything that makes it seem likely that they’re near putting in an offer for the club let alone completing a purchase and outing Ron once and for all (unless someone can tell me differently). If the Aussies are a serious alternative, which we don’t know for sure yet (unless someone can tell me differently), then I think we need to take what we can get and keep up the pressure on Ron in the form of protests until he, or his family, decide they’ve had enough.
Again, if these people come in and save the club, and run and fund the club, you will welcome them with protests? I hope they don’t visit SZ…

No, it's having the martin family have anything to do with our club which be ultimately be a slow drawn out death because a leopard don't change its spots especially a snaky one like him.

Our reputation to attract players, proper sponsorship etc will only start to come back when the 🐀 is 💯 gone I can tell you that and I for one would rather see us in a bury or Wimbledon type situation in a few years than hsve the Martin cloud over our heads forever.
OK so you would prefer us liquidated and start again. I have no words…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back