• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Aussie deal, is what I’ve been told it is. It involves RM stepping down as Chairman but owning a % of the club still and future developments whilst the investors fund the club and footballing operations!
Yeah that would be a favoured option for him no doubt. My concern apart from not getting rid of him completely is what % he would hold ?

Positive for me he would have stepped down as chairman and no longer in control. Negative he is still hanging around in the background
I think you are naive if you thing not being the chairman stops you being in control … he will totally be in control this will be a short win for the fans in their battle to be a credible football club once again. This will be the worst outcome possible and clearly the one Ron was always waiting for … basically he never goes away

There’s still time .. but if it means us not going bust .. I mean ideally Martin would be totally out the picture. If it means the embargo getting shifted and us having half a chance yeah. For now. Should the protests continue? Yes ..
But it’s still Ron’s club … everything that’s made the past 18 months so terrible is still there put in a bag on the side we are just kicking it down the road for abit …

I think you are naive if you thing not being the chairman stops you being in control … he will totally be in control this will be a short win for the fans in their battle to be a credible football club once again. This will be the worst outcome possible and clearly the one Ron was always waiting for … basically he never goes away
This is you just guessing tho. None of us know what % he will still have in the club etc. so instead of being as negative as you can possibly get let’s just wait until more details come out ( if they come out)

This is you just guessing tho. None of us know what % he will still have in the club etc. so instead of being as negative as you can possibly get let’s just wait until more details come out ( if they come out)
Sorry you’re right … good news follows Southend round like a shadow … silly old me . Let’s see how my guess plays out

But it’s still Ron’s club … everything that’s made the past 18 months so terrible is still there put in a bag on the side we are just kicking it down the road for abit …
Don’t get me wrong I want the ****er gone .. but I also want the club to survive. Pressure needs to keep coming from all quarters. Obviously.. ideally .. someone else will step in with a last minute offer he can’t refuse.

If the Aussie deal, is what I’ve been told it is. It involves RM stepping down as Chairman but owning a % of the club still and future developments whilst the investors fund the club and footballing operations!

Ron only owns 70% of the club. Any deal for SUFC is likely to take his shareholding below 50%. At that point he can be overruled. As everyone who brought shares can attest being a minority shareholder doesn’t confer many rights.

I suspect the investment is therefore more likely in one of the parent companies.

I am automatically sceptical of how much someone investing for its development potential will want to invest in the club and footballing operations. That seems like a recipe for being asset stripped.

why not stop screwing around and open a bank account and start collecting the
money and buy the effing thing -

i think we could prob have the dollars in a week ..

do a share offer thing ...
Just for interest, in 2018 I did some Those words are banned on the possibility of us doing a Community Share Offer of the kind created by Pompey fans.

It didn't eventually lead to anything, as our circumstances changed while we were considering it. But I can tell you that merely scoping what needed to be done, briefing my Committee and preparing a draft Prospectus was three months work.

I think most people would prefer the five local businessmen however I don’t think we’ve really heard anything that makes it seem likely that they’re near putting in an offer for the club let alone completing a purchase and outing Ron once and for all (unless someone can tell me differently). If the Aussies are a serious alternative, which we don’t know for sure yet (unless someone can tell me differently), then I think we need to take what we can get and keep up the pressure on Ron in the form of protests until he, or his family, decide they’ve had enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back