• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Australian interest (again, from what I’ve been told directly) is not any form of celebrity front (unless someone can prove me different). It is an investment firm similar to KIMURA, they’re London based Aussies who have been involved in the rise of a small NRL team and have links to Wasserman Sports Agency. Just for clarity, the above could be complete and utter toffee, but I have it on very good authority due to the work I do day to day with Wasserman.

The 5 people consortium, a meeting is taking place at the back end of the week. Laurie continues to be in Vegas doing the lights deal currently, but very much has his finger to the pulse with where everything sits. The VNL extending the time frames in the manner they did to match the court dates, meant RM had further time to do what he is doing and court more interest from wherever he can (also why he put us in the shop window with his statement). This part being quite is good, as had they said no, we are out. They would of done it publicly and said why.

what's that Skip?

A complete killing Skip?

from a p * i * K like pom who owns a football team, a stadium and some ground in a place called Southend.

Are they any good Skip?

They could be eh? great fanbase, staff and management team to boot.

Right Skip, I'm with you cobber, we buy this C * * t out, get the place sorted out, especially the dunnies. Win the league inside three seasons and take things from there.

Right, I'll get the gear together, Skip, you get onto Quantas, we'll read up on Southend United on the flight.

We've just retained the Ashes, so let's go and give this Martin fella a beating too!

Chop chop Skip, things to do!
But while you blokes have all been wittering on about this it appears that Little Jimmy has fallen down the well.

He is involved in the purchase of the Las Vegas Lights deal for 2 major US celebrities, linked to buying Southend United a couple of months back!
Sorry to go off topic.

They're a USL team, but I believe the purchase will lead to them bidding for an MLS expansion franchise.

Las Vegas is making a huge play to become a sports destination. They got the Raiders (NFL) and will soon be getting the A's (MLB), both from Oakland. The Golden Knights (NHL) were a new expansion team in 2017. And they have the new Formula 1 race starting this year. Plus a new NFL stadium and, soon, a new baseball stadium.

May as well add an MLS team to the pack.

Sorry to go off topic.

They're a USL team, but I believe the purchase will lead to them bidding for an MLS expansion franchise.

Las Vegas is making a huge play to become a sports destination. They got the Raiders (NFL) and will soon be getting the A's (MLB), both from Oakland. The Golden Knights (NHL) were a new expansion team in 2017. And they have the new Formula 1 race starting this year. Plus a new NFL stadium and, soon, a new baseball stadium.

Just need an NBA team and they have the full set

Sorry to go off topic.

Home of UFC too

Suggest closing this thread and reopening it when there is info in the public domain that can be relied upon rather than speculation. conversations can follow from that point.

If you banned speculation then there would be no such thing as football forum.

As well as mods to remove abusive or legally tricky posts you would need another complete team of Speculation mods.......And they would have to speculate whether the post was in fact speculation.

The Australian interest (again, from what I’ve been told directly) is not any form of celebrity front (unless someone can prove me different). It is an investment firm similar to KIMURA, they’re London based Aussies who have been involved in the rise of a small NRL team and have links to Wasserman Sports Agency. Just for clarity, the above could be complete and utter toffee, but I have it on very good authority due to the work I do day to day with Wasserman.

The 5 people consortium, a meeting is taking place at the back end of the week. Laurie continues to be in Vegas doing the lights deal currently, but very much has his finger to the pulse with where everything sits. The VNL extending the time frames in the manner they did to match the court dates, meant RM had further time to do what he is doing and court more interest from wherever he can (also why he put us in the shop window with his statement). This part being quite is good, as had they said no, we are out. They would of done it publicly and said why.
How many more times are we going to read this company or this group are going to either buy or invest in our club .Wrll its now timw to concentrate on the football side And whet ever happens after that we will have to wait and see .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back