• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC: The Future SUFC up for sale

Our hopes and visions for the rebirth of Southend United, plus any plans published by the consortium for discussion
Status
Not open for further replies.
what's that Skip?

A complete killing Skip?

from a p * i * K like pom who owns a football team, a stadium and some ground in a place called Southend.

Are they any good Skip?

They could be eh? great fanbase, staff and management team to boot.

Right Skip, I'm with you cobber, we buy this C * * t out, get the place sorted out, especially the dunnies. Win the league inside three seasons and take things from there.

Right, I'll get the gear together, Skip, you get onto Quantas, we'll read up on Southend United on the flight.

We've just retained the Ashes, so let's go and give this Martin fella a beating too!

Chop chop Skip, things to do!

If the Aussie deal, is what I’ve been told it is. It involves RM stepping down as Chairman but owning a % of the club still and future developments whilst the investors fund the club and footballing operations!
Would you personally be happy with that ?

If the Aussie deal, is what I’ve been told it is. It involves RM stepping down as Chairman but owning a % of the club still and future developments whilst the investors fund the club and footballing operations!
IF this was to be the case how would those boycotting games feel.

Ideally we don't want Ron at the club, and I wonder if the Aussie buyout is just to make a quick buck in the housing he wants?? And keeps him in it a bit longer?? For me that's not really ideal as we will probably be back in this situation in a few years, and how much are they willing to invest in the football side?? Sounds a bit worrying to me this

What a group of local business men who tried hand over foot to buy their local club ? Instead Australian property developers working with Ron Martin as silent partner ?
There’s still time .. but if it means us not going bust .. I mean ideally Martin would be totally out the picture. If it means the embargo getting shifted and us having half a chance yeah. For now. Should the protests continue? Yes ..

The important thing is getting Martin away from affecting the football club, so if the Aussie deal is for real then and Martin has a percentage of the club, but is in a minority position and cannot black ball any decision by the owners or majority shareholders that is a minimum for me, but acceptable.....just.

I would back continuing the protests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back