• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hearing QPR are in the hunt now (from a close friend who is connected to QPR)

QPR still have Rob Green and Alex McCcarthy in their first team squad. If Daniel were to go there I doubt he would get much of an immediate sniff at games.

QPR still have Rob Green and Alex McCcarthy in their first team squad. If Daniel were to go there I doubt he would get much of an immediate sniff at games.

Got a bit too happy with the C button there? :winking:

Crystal Palace are linked with McCarthy, but Bentley would still be playing 2nd fiddle to Green. Unless any deal includes a loan back option, he will most likely be sitting on the bench or playing in the under 21s.

Hearing QPR are in the hunt now (from a close friend who is connected to QPR)

Wouldn't be a bad move for Bentley. Local ish club with money to burn after relegation last season so could be up there again for promotion. I'm just not sure they have the right manager in place though for that to happen.

Crystal Palace are linked with McCarthy, but Bentley would still be playing 2nd fiddle to Green. Unless any deal includes a loan back option, he will most likely be sitting on the bench or playing in the under 21s.

Green's contract is massive and has no place in the championship,They will want yo shift him out to get him off the wage bill.
I stated months ago that Bents will go to Rangers.

I can't help if I stammer over Scottish names.

Palace have signed McCarthy from QPR, and quite a few QPR fans on Twitter are mentioning Bentley as a potential replacement. London club so probably preferential to Hull in young Daniel's eyes.

Rob Green has another year left on his contract, so wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for someone to come in and be ready to take over when he leaves.

The best scenario for both clubs could be QPR buying Bentley (nice big fee with some tasty add-ons & sell-on) then loan him back to us for a season in League 1 to continue his development. At the end of the season, Rob Green leaves and Bentley takes over as their number 1. I can't see QPR going straight back up to the Premiership this time, so Bentley would be playing Championship football as QPR's number 1. Meanwhile, Ted Smith keeps developing while playing a few cup games and covering for Bentley when he isn't 100% fit as well as playing in the under 21 team.

Rob Green has another year left on his contract, so wouldn't be surprised if they are looking for someone to come in and be ready to take over when he leaves.

The best scenario for both clubs could be QPR buying Bentley (nice big fee with some tasty add-ons & sell-on) then loan him back to us for a season in League 1 to continue his development. At the end of the season, Rob Green leaves and Bentley takes over as their number 1. I can't see QPR going straight back up to the Premiership this time, so Bentley would be playing Championship football as QPR's number 1. Meanwhile, Ted Smith keeps developing while playing a few cup games and covering for Bentley when he isn't 100% fit as well as playing in the under 21 team.

Chelsea may make a bid for Green paving the way for Bents to become number one at Rangers.

I think it's unlikely he'll be loaned back unless he signs for a really big club. Dan's got a lot of first-team football behind him now and he's ready to run a number 1 very close in the Championship. Why would a club let him back out, what if their first choice gets injured/suffers a loss of form?

If Bentley does go, what do you think would be the chances of getting someone like Brad Jones? experienced gk, who has been back-up keeper for a number of years, so may not be in much demand in championship...although he did reportedly turn down Bristol City as their No.2 keeper. Maybe if we offer him the No.1 jersey he could be tempted. Ron's stadium talk could be the clincher :winking:

Back