• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Given Southend's apparent cash-flow problems at present, maybe it makes sense to sell Dan Bentley now and reinvest at least part of the fee in acquiring the four players Phil Brown says he needs before the beginning of the League programme. A lot of people said Dan was not ready when Phil Brown gave him his chance in goal, and I am wondering whether Ted Smith is now approaching a comparable stage in his career.

Theres a big difference just physically between Bentley and Smith. If Dan moves Im sure we will sign another keeper.

But Ted isn't going to get any bigger. He has a different body type to Dan Bentley and that won't change. Regardless of that he is clearly rated highly by everyone at the club and if Bentley leaves I think he'll get his chance.

What makes you think Bruce wants him to be No.1 and don't they have McGregor as No.1?

Nothing is definite in life. I asked Hull supporters on their message board what they thought and they reckoned No1 as McGregor was not very good last year.

But Ted isn't going to get any bigger. He has a different body type to Dan Bentley and that won't change. Regardless of that he is clearly rated highly by everyone at the club and if Bentley leaves I think he'll get his chance.

difficult to tell, but i think people have forgotten just how much dan has filled out since he first played.

Attachments

• DANIEL BENTLEY 2011-12.jpg
    DANIEL BENTLEY 2011-12.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 44
Bentley not in the squad today. Farewell Dan!
Brown told Chris Phillips that he would play today as well... Fingers crossed there is an explanation behind it.

22 October 2011 as a substitute against Torquay at home in a 4-1 win. Same season as that picture.

What a long way he has come since then.

Looked incredibly shaky and nervous throughout his time on the pitch (Completely understandable from a youngster on debut) to the calm, confident and dominate goalkeeper we have now.

Apparently Bentley looked jaded in training... Those two games must have been tough for him! Don't buy this at all. Expect him to sign for someone on Monday.

Back