• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This deal may not even go ahead at all. Steve Bruce is apparently threatening to quit unless he has assurances over the clubs recruitment policies.
Looking at Hull's current squad it looks like a decent Championship squad that could challenge for promotion (assuming they don't lose anyone of course). Hull have always spent on players over the last few years and backed Bruce, I don't know what he's crying about to be honest.

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin and manager Phil Brown have both spoken of their desire to keep goalkeeper Daniel Bentley at the club.

More...
I make them right to be fair

I think he needs to stay prove his worth this season then reviewed next summer.

I think if we had not gone up we would have had no chance in keeping him but promotion might keep him here and who knows maybe another season after then should we do the unthinkable.... AGAIN!!!

I would try to buy Nick Pope from Charlton .......... in fact, I would go for a "3 for the price of 2 offer" by also offering to take Moussa and Pig off their hands. :omg:

Yeah good shout, we would certainly need a replacement if Bentley goes...hopefully this is all just rumours though and he stays.

The thing is that Pope is rated as highly as Bentley, especially by Bury fans last season. I doubt very much that we could afford to get him to Roots Hall, either financially or from a career progression perspective.

Problems is get a £1m in an in reality how much is PB going to see out of it.

Hopefully his wages aren't that much!

Having spoken to an agent, this is what I asked, and what he answered:

Q: If a player moves club do they get a cut of the transfer fee, or do they negotiate a signing on fee, or both? Does the player pay his agent, or does the buying club?

A: Generally players don't get a part of the fee. Signing on fees vary from club to club. Generally the buying club will pay the agent.

Looks like you're wrong on all counts.

Any chance you can ask your mate if he knows Jorge Mario Bergoglio's theological leanings as well?

If the stats say De Gea was worth 12 points to Man U last season I don't think Bentley would be worth 15

There's an extra 8 league matches in the Football League.

If a good keeper is worth 12 points over 38 matches, it would hardly be a stretch to think that a good keeper would be worth 15 points over 46 matches.

Bruce is a vastly experienced manager,I find it laughable he would make any bid knowing his board may refuse it,just my view.

It's just the sort of thing I'd expect a highly experienced manager who had a poor working relationship with his board to do.

I make them right to be fair

I think he needs to stay prove his worth this season then reviewed next summer.

I think if we had not gone up we would have had no chance in keeping him but promotion might keep him here and who knows maybe another season after then should we do the unthinkable.... AGAIN!!!

But what if his head is now turned. No amount of love from the fans could change that. We're a selling club and always have/will be. One million is not to be snorted at and I bet my last shirt button that the board are keeping a close eye on this one. Personally, if Bruce comes back with any improved offer then I think he's gone.

If the Hull boys are right and Thursday is budget day, then we should know soon after I reckon. Assuming Bruce gets what he wants I expect an improved bid some time next week. If the budget is naff, then Bruce could walk and all bets will be off. For the right bid Bentley will be gone I think.

If the Hull boys are right and Thursday is budget day, then we should know soon after I reckon. Assuming Bruce gets what he wants I expect an improved bid some time next week. If the budget is naff, then Bruce could walk and all bets will be off. For the right bid Bentley will be gone I think.

Matter of time for Bents,

I reckon Ron wants a cash lump up front and no tick allowed.

The thread title may be correct but it's irrelevant. Steve Bruce can bid what he likes, when the thread title reads Hull City then we should get excited/worry*

*Delete as you think necessary*

Just heard on TalkSport that Bruce has a meeting with the owner of Hull tomorrow. The reason is that at the moment Hull have made no signings since being relegated.

They are saying that this could be a make or break meeting and that if the owner doesn't show the signs that Bruce will be given cash to spend he'll be off...

Our rejection of Hull's bid could be the straw that break the camels back.... Lets wait and see...

I've had another little dip into the Hull underworld and there is an absolutely thriving thread on Steve Bruce and his chances of getting the chop. At the moment most seem to think he will walk or be pushed, predominately because he has issued financial ultimatums to his board. Maybe, just maybe, his bid for Bentley was just him being mischievous before he goes. No doubt all will become clearer after tomorrow.

I've had another little dip into the Hull underworld and there is an absolutely thriving thread on Steve Bruce and his chances of getting the chop. At the moment most seem to think he will walk or be pushed, predominately because he has issued financial ultimatums to his board. Maybe, just maybe, his bid for Bentley was just him being mischievous before he goes. No doubt all will become clearer after tomorrow.

My feeling,

Bruce has been sold a dummy,no way would he travel to the Hall then put in his bid for Bents,Maybe the board sanctioned his bid then reneged?

Back