• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really dont think thats happened at all. It seems that Steve Bruce approached Phil with that offer. It might not have been an official offer through the club but he certainly showed interest enough to talk a figure.

No doubt there will be lots of interest, I just hope we can squeeze one more season out of him before he heads off. If he does leave this summer and doesn't return on loan, I wonder what Brown will do? Smith showed he is a decent stand in, but whether he can be the number 1 is another question entirely.

No doubt there will be lots of interest, I just hope we can squeeze one more season out of him before he heads off. If he does leave this summer and doesn't return on loan, I wonder what Brown will do? Smith showed he is a decent stand in, but whether he can be the number 1 is another question entirely.
Especially in a higher division from last year. It's a big ask.

Urgh, does anyone know of a thread on here I can read that doesn't have MrsBlue arguing with all and sundry....

This is two in a row now with the West Ham match thread, there's only so many made up stats, back tracking and arguing for the sake of it that a football fan can endure...

Urgh, does anyone know of a thread on here I can read that doesn't have MrsBlue arguing with all and sundry....

This is two in a row now with the West Ham match thread, there's only so many made up stats, back tracking and arguing for the sake of it that a football fan can endure...

Groan !

All I have done is debate my corner,nothing wrong with that,I havnt been offensive to anyone so what exactly is the problem?

Re read his post,he stated the way I read it as the player will not get part of the transfer fee? If I have read it correctly LB's agent chum is wrong as the player will be entitled to a percentage of the transfer fee determined by his agents negotiations .

I think the days of players getting a %age of the transfer fee are long, long gone. Signing on fee, yes. %age of transfer fee, no.

Groan !

All I have done is debate my corner,nothing wrong with that,I havnt been offensive to anyone so what exactly is the problem?

You leave the mere mortals among us feeling inadequate and envious of your incredible footy knowledge. You should get a job as a Sky sports pundit. Forgive us our envy :stunned:

I think the days of players getting a %age of the transfer fee are long, long gone. Signing on fee, yes. %age of transfer fee, no.

3 parts of transfer deals

1,The 2 clubs must agree on any fee
2,The buying club must agree with the player new terms thus new contract
3,The player if included in his contract will be entitled to ask the selling club his percentage agreed

3 parts of transfer deals

1,The 2 clubs must agree on any fee
2,The buying club must agree with the player new terms thus new contract
3,The player if included in his contract will be entitled to ask the selling club his percentage agreed

1. Not necessarily. It could trigger an automatic buyout clause

Indeed !

Samuel Etto had in his contract 50% of transfer fee is his,great deal for him.

Not bad at all. However, these deals are very very rare. Only for the top pros. Used to be more common in the 80s when wages weren't as high and players had to rely on testimonials for a good payout.

The biggest point weather the bid was made or not the club's response should of been he's not for sale if they were confident he was going to sign a new deal
I think Bentley is a lot bigger than sufc I also think he will make the England squad. We should really push for add ons 500k now 500k when promoted 500k when plays for England and 25%of sell on.

The biggest point weather the bid was made or not the club's response should of been he's not for sale if they were confident he was going to sign a new deal
I think Bentley is a lot bigger than sufc I also think he will make the England squad. We should really push for add ons 500k now 500k when promoted 500k when plays for England and 25%of sell on.

Seeing as the offer was already for a million Id want a million now :smile:

This deal may not even go ahead at all. Steve Bruce is apparently threatening to quit unless he has assurances over the clubs recruitment policies.

This is all a bit weird. Bruce said he was expecting the sack for getting relegated a while ago. I would be a bit surprised if he now resigned. Surely he would want to take Hull back up at first attempt? I guess the unknown factor in all of this is the Hull owner. He makes Ron look ok according to some of their fans.

I would try to buy Nick Pope from Charlton .......... in fact, I would go for a "3 for the price of 2 offer" by also offering to take Moussa and Pig off their hands. :omg:
Yeah good shout, we would certainly need a replacement if Bentley goes...hopefully this is all just rumours though and he stays.

Ron Martin and Phil Brown on Daniel Bentley's future at Southend United, following £1

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin and manager Phil Brown have both spoken of their desire to keep goalkeeper Daniel Bentley at the club.

More...

Back