• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The buying club will indeed pay the agent but in addition the agent will want his part of the players wages and fees,look at it this way if an agent has 100 players on his books and each player remained at one club during his playing career then the agent would earn nothing!

If the player stays at one club the agent earns from the wages, like you said about 20 words prior, plus each time a contract is renewed.

You are correct though it is often in the agents best interest for players to move as they get paid part of the signing on fee.

However they can still earn money if they dont, Wayne Rooney hasnt moved anywhere but his agent will still make a fortune from his salary and signing on fees every new contract.

The buying club will indeed pay the agent but in addition the agent will want his part of the players wages and fees,look at it this way if an agent has 100 players on his books and each player remained at one club during his playing career then the agent would earn nothing!

But that is illegal. You're wrong. For once just accept it.

If the player stays at one club the agent earns from the wages, like you said about 20 words prior, plus each time a contract is renewed.

You are correct though it is often in the agents best interest for players to move as they get paid part of the signing on fee.

However they can still earn money if they dont, Wayne Rooney hasnt moved anywhere but his agent will still make a fortune from his salary and signing on fees every new contract.

Tell Londonblue that !

Tell Londonblue that !

Thats not what you were saying or what LondonBlue was replying to .

See post #183.

You were saying the agent would be getting part of the transfer fee, part of the signing on fee and now that the buying club pays him.

Thats illegal, only one party can pay an agent.

Thats not what you were saying or what LondonBlue was replying to .

See post #183.

You were saying the agent would be getting part of the transfer fee, part of the signing on fee and now that the buying club pays him.

Thats illegal, only one party can pay an agent.

Re read his post,he stated the way I read it as the player will not get part of the transfer fee? If I have read it correctly LB's agent chum is wrong as the player will be entitled to a percentage of the transfer fee determined by his agents negotiations .

Re read his post,he stated the way I read it as the player will not get part of the transfer fee? If I have read it correctly LB's agent chum is wrong as the player will be entitled to a percentage of the transfer fee determined by his agents negotiations .

Who actually gives a flying fig what the agent may or may not earn? The agents will get whatever they get and thats the end of it. All the fans are interested in is a) Are we losing a player and b) Did we get good value for him..oh and c) Some always want to know where the transfer fee will be spent (as if that knowledge will ever filter down).

I literally have no idea what you have read to come to that conclusion.

Ha ha. It's his job. I would imagine he knows his job better than us!

Am I the only one that is bored with the way these threads seem to degenerate so quickly in to personal disagreements and one upmanship?

a dungeon even, with clamps and gags and stuff....

Was this meant for the "what is making you happy" thread? :unsure:

BACK ON TOPIC!

If it is true that there wasn't a bid, sounds like Ron has come out and made it clear to those interested that an offer for around £1m is not good enough. Could be to put clubs off or make it clear where we stand.

Was this meant for the "what is making you happy" thread? :unsure:

BACK ON TOPIC!

If it is true that there wasn't a bid, sounds like Ron has come out and made it clear to those interested that an offer for around £1m is not good enough. Could be to put clubs off or make it clear where we stand.

Really dont think thats happened at all. It seems that Steve Bruce approached Phil with that offer. It might not have been an official offer through the club but he certainly showed interest enough to talk a figure.

Back