• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Oh i see,you must have seen the guys bank account,how many times have we read the owner is worth zillions then it turns out not to be.

Yet you've stated figures about a dozen times in this thread alone with complete assurance. You must have seen every contract in professional football. :thumbsup:

Let's put some perspective in here.

Assombalonga went to forest who haven't just had a parachute payment for 7 million.

They also sold Craig mckail Smith for 2.5 million to a championship club who haven't had a parachute payment.

They also sold Dwight gale for 6 million to palace.

Dan Bentley to Hull city for a million. Steve Bruce can fk off. Bentley has the potential to play for England.

2.5 million or don't even bother coming back to us.

Assombalonga went to forest who haven't just had a parachute payment for 7 million.

They also sold Craig mckail Smith for 2.5 million to a championship club who haven't had a parachute payment.

Dan Bentley to Hull city for a million. Steve Bruce can fk off. Bentley has the potential to play for England.

Strikers always go for higher fees than goalkeepers. A comparable signing would be someone like Gazzaniga.

Good point - in today's football climate £1m really isn't that much. 5-10 years ago I think it would be different and we would have accepted straight away.

Anything around 1 million with serious add ons is bloody great business for the club.Loss of form/injury then the valuation nosedives.

I've been having a bit of a root around one of the Hull message boards, chatting with a few folk there. They say that they have lost confidence in the first choice keeper, and if they are prepared to pay £1 million then Bentley will likely be first choice.

I've been having a bit of a root around one of the Hull message boards, chatting with a few folk there. They say that they have lost confidence in the first choice keeper, and if they are prepared to pay £1 million then Bentley will likely be first choice.

Interesting .......... but the fans don't pick the team and 'ull are in a lower division this coming season and so their 1st team goalie may find life a little easier. Pre-season can be a time for players to recharge their confidence batteries as well.

Hash tag: Justsayingthatisall

Interesting .......... but the fans don't pick the team and 'ull are in a lower division this coming season and so their 1st team goalie may find life a little easier. Pre-season can be a time for players to recharge their confidence batteries as well.

Hash tag: Justsayingthatisall

Some of the Hull posters have suggested that he could go to them and then be loaned out at Championship or FL1 level.

Anything around 1 million with serious add ons is bloody great business for the club.Loss of form/injury then the valuation nosedives.

How would it be good business?

1 million is not a lot of money in today's climate. Dan Bentley is a premier league/international keeper in the making and is the best chance of getting some money for the club. We don't need to sell for cheap and shouldn't.

Dan Bentley is an Essex boy and what's in Hull for him? Better of waiting for a southern based club to offer a price that better for him and us.

Sadly, I think this is a sign he is off. Not to be pessimistic, Hull is PB's old club, we know there is a strong bond there, this could be using that relationship to increase his value to another club as much as him heading to Hull. I would love to be wrong but that is my gut feeling. Invariably I have always looked objectively as players wanting to better themselves and how they should rise through the divisions when they can, this one will sting if he does go though.

He's selling his car on his twitter if anyone wants to make misplaced assumptions from that...

Sadly, I think this is a sign he is off. Not to be pessimistic, Hull is PB's old club, we know there is a strong bond there, this could be using that relationship to increase his value to another club as much as him heading to Hull. I would love to be wrong but that is my gut feeling. Invariably I have always looked objectively as players wanting to better themselves and how they should rise through the divisions when they can, this one will sting if he does go though.

He's selling his car on his twitter if anyone wants to make misplaced assumptions from that...

Maybe he's trading it in for a fishing trawler and a whippet...... if he starts saying "aye up" my guess he's off

How would it be good business?

1 million is not a lot of money in today's climate. Dan Bentley is a premier league/international keeper in the making and is the best chance of getting some money for the club. We don't need to sell for cheap and shouldn't.

Dan Bentley is an Essex boy and what's in Hull for him? Better of waiting for a southern based club to offer a price that better for him and us.

maybe....but has a hell of a long way to go to get to that point

Back