• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Spain v England UEFA Euro 2024 Final. 20:00hrs 14th July 2024

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So I didn’t watch the whole tournament (timings not good) but I can read! Watched this obviously. I actually thought it was a great game. From an England perspective there were enough players performing tonight to justify the world class tag and then there was Kane. Sorry for me (despite his England record) I cannot remember one international performance in a game where it mattered that he has shown up.
Unfortunately Kane isn't a targetman, if Southgate wants to play that way he should've started with Watkins.

I’m so ****ing ****ed off. People are talking about Spain as if they are Brazil in 1970. They were there for the taking and we bottled it.

Bit harsh I think. Their passing was excellent, especially the triangles around the edge of our box. They showed us what keeping possession was all about and were good at getting the early crosses into the box.

Though England were lethargic, negative and sloppy.

I wanted nothing but an England win, but sadly the better team won it.

Bit harsh I think. Their passing was excellent, especially the triangles around the edge of our box. They showed us what keeping possession was all about and were good at getting the early crosses into the box.

Though England were lethargic, negative and sloppy.

I wanted nothing but an England win, but sadly the better team won it.
Yep they are a decent side but nothing more than that. On the balance of play tonight we can't complain but it's a shame as I think we have the better players overall whereas they had the better team and tactics.

Oh yeah, won by one goal when he was a kneecap from being offside. **** Spain. Their time wasting in extra time was disgraceful and the ref blowing up at 94 minutes dead was ****ing ridiculous.
I reckon they only played about 1 minute of the four added on. I was really surprised when he blew up.

said on a different thread Walker needs replacing asap - at fault for both goals by getting sucked in to the middle allowing his man too much time and space in behind him.

The less said about Kane the better.

Oh well viva Espana

said on a different thread Walker needs replacing asap - at fault for both goals by getting sucked in to the middle allowing his man too much time and space in behind him.

The less said about Kane the better.

Oh well viva Espana
Yeah if there’s any justice serial loser Kane and Walker will have played their last England game. The future is the young lads such as Mainoo & Palmer .. who were both outstanding for a 1st tournament.

Last edited:
Absolutely gutted, we looked good for a bit once Palmer came on but much like Italy in 2021 we sat back once we equalised and that's exactly the kind of football Spain love playing against. I suspect Southgate will leave now, will always be grateful for what he's done for us but I think it's time for someone new to take the reins.

I’m so ****ing ****ed off. People are talking about Spain as if they are Brazil in 1970. They were there for the taking and we bottled it.

Steady now TC. Don't let your patriotism blind you to the fact that they were better than us. Having said that it was bad luck that one of those three headers didn't hit the back of the net. We should have got Palmer and Toney on earlier. Sadly Harry Kane was next to useless and Foden was in their pocket. It hurts me to say it but we weren't good enough and we didn't deserve to win. Harsh, but true.

At least we can focus on the Shrimpers now.

Unfortunately Kane isn't a targetman, if Southgate wants to play that way he should've started with Watkins.
Unfortunately Kane tonight wasn’t a professional footballer. No hold-up play, no pressing, no movement, nothing.

I doubt very much, whether Southgate will be starting anyone ever again now the tournament has finished. I would imagine he has had enough and it's time for another, whoever that may be.

I doubt very much, whether Southgate will be starting anyone ever again now the tournament has finished. I would imagine he has had enough and it's time for another, whoever that may be.
I suspect he'll take a few days/weeks and announce he's stepping down. And then we've got a problem.

Back