• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Spain v England UEFA Euro 2024 Final. 20:00hrs 14th July 2024

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Poor use of the little possesion we had, why Pickford kept kicking it long every time he had the ball i don't know, just surrendered possesion back again each time.

Fine lines but the better team won.

Bugger

The best team in the tournament won, this England squad has shown real flashes of quality.

Overall we should have been out a fortnight ago.

Our big players were just O.K. They needed to be better. Once we scored, they just kept the ball until they made a chance. Whereas we went negative until they scored. Over the 90 minutes, no one can deny Spain were deserved winners.

Why Pickford kept kicking it long every time he had the ball i don't know, just surrendered possesion back again each time.
When you're getting pressed to the last man, you can hardly do much else.

Only other way is having players with the guts to get on the ball and pivot/play out the press, but our midfield was anonymous.

Oh yeah, won by one goal when he was a kneecap from being offside. **** Spain. Their time wasting in extra time was disgraceful and the ref blowing up at 94 minutes dead was ****ing ridiculous.
Like I said, The Netherlands are above Spain in the FIFA rankings so I'm not surprised we lost as we always struggle against the lesser teams.

Not enough England player’s showed the form displayed again most obviously Bellingham and Foden meaning very little chances created.

When Rodri went off at half time I thought it might be our night but ultimately in truth we did not deserve to win and Spain where deserved winners.

I’m so ****ing ****ed off. People are talking about Spain as if they are Brazil in 1970. They were there for the taking and we bottled it.
I think they were there for the taking, but I think it's a bit harsh to say we bottled it. We were beaten by a team that have played above themselves all tournament, much like Greece all those years ago.

Poor use of the little possesion we had, why Pickford kept kicking it long every time he had the ball i don't know, just surrendered possesion back again each time.

Fine lines but the better team won.

Bugger
Yep some really weird negative tactics. As Dusterman has already said, I couldn't believe it when Walker threw the ball all the way back to Pickford and he launches it right back again and they get a goal kick.

We were also crying out for changes to be made in midfield 5-10 minutes before they scored, Bellingham was done and should've had someone like Conor Gallagher come on. I'd also have replaced Shaw with Trippier for some fresh legs considering Shaw hadn't played a full game since February.

Oh yeah, won by one goal when he was a kneecap from being offside. **** Spain. Their time wasting in extra time was disgraceful and the ref blowing up at 94 minutes dead was ****ing ridiculous.
I noticed that. They wasted about 3 of the 4 minutes extra time. And the ref who was fair up until then, suddenly blew the whistle. Not that we would have scored, but we'd like to have that chance.

So I didn’t watch the whole tournament (timings not good) but I can read! Watched this obviously. I actually thought it was a great game. From an England perspective there were enough players performing tonight to justify the world class tag and then there was Kane. Sorry for me (despite his England record) I cannot remember one international performance in a game where it mattered that he has shown up.

Back