• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Spain v England UEFA Euro 2024 Final. 20:00hrs 14th July 2024

Predict the result

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like Bellingham is going to get the treatment for the whole 90 mins.

England are paying better than I thought and I thought Spain might be 1 or 2 goals ahead by now (My predictions was Spain to win 3-1)

Couple of chances for us but none that clear cut

Spain edged it the first half, but defences ruled for both teams. It could be one of those games of very few chances the 2nd half, and it's whoever takes a chance.

Difference for me is the quality of Spain’s press. With Kane in the side, we’re just not effective at doing the same, which impacts our whole structure. And it’s not an intentional bash on Kane - it’s just who he is these days. But our passing has been poor, surrendering possession easily, primarily down to Spain’s pressure wherever we get the ball. Bellingham, Rice and Mainoo all been caught out so far.

The Spanish have not been allowed clear chances where it really matters, in the box. Some very solid defending from all the back line. The middle lads will have to up it a gear to have an effect second half and I'd hook Harry Kane before too much longer as he looks worn out. We shall see.

Spain have had by far the share of possession but we have had the only shot on target.

We can win this, our bench is far stronger

Spain have had by far the share of possession but we have had the only shot on target.

We can win this, our bench is far stronger
Gareth needs to be brave. This is not a game for Kane. Watkins on, and Palmer on for Foden, who the Spanish have kept quiet. Being brave will improve the team the 2nd half, and could win us the game.

Back