• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend Utd 2-3 Burton Albion

Very disappointed in yesterday.

Mantom was poor in the fact that a lot of things he tried went wrong, but he kept trying and worked hard and tried to support Kelman as much as he could.

Dieng proved he is better at CB. A very strange decision from Sol.

We have to play one up front as thats all we have with Hump injured. You could try Kelman and Rush, but I don’t think that would work and would leave us even more exposed with our poor midfield.

Please stop the clamour for a Barrett to start just because we lost. He has been very poor starting the last few games, but does do well as a sub, and was bright yesterday when he came on. One decision Sol did get right.

Milligan was ok, he did a lot of good stuff, and played one sublime cross field volley, but he can get beaten too easily. He needs athletic players around him to cover for his lack of pace, and if they were there, I think he would be a much better player.

I don’t get why Hutchinson wasn’t brought on for the last 15 mins. Another poor decision.

My forecast for the week, Ron pays his bills, embargo is lifted, we sign the Macclesfield players and Ted Smith, everyone is feeling optimistic, we get thumped 5-0 at Oxford.

I’d settle for 5-0 now.

Mantom started off in 1st gear, just as he did at Blackpool. It took about 20 minutes for him to realise he needed to get higher up the pitch and win some second balls. Only then did we get into the game and he played well until the break, He should have hit the target with header and even when he hit the post the rebound wasn't kind for CK......Worth remembering those incidents as some are claiming we were lucky they never beat us by more.....We could have easily had lead at H/T.

Mantom started off in 1st gear, just as he did at Blackpool. It took about 20 minutes for him to realise he needed to get higher up the pitch and win some second balls. Only then did we get into the game and he played well until the break, He should have hit the target with header and even when he hit the post the rebound wasn't kind for CK......Worth remembering those incidents as some are claiming we were lucky they never beat us by more.....We could have easily had lead at H/T.

Really? Our goal was just luck. Yes we hit the post, and missed a header.

Burton had a shot tipped over, and put numerous dangerous crosses into the box. 1-1 was a very fair scoreline at half time. You can’t just ignore missed chances and opportunities for the other side.

No it's not, what about Goodship? What about Acquah? Or even Rush?

I'm not sure what you think is remotely political about the reasons some of us don't rate Sol?

Ron politics, Spurs and racism (both left and right wing) Yes there is a difference but same result of hate.

Dont worry OBL you are not any those 3 and are clearly not the SOME posters i was talking about

Really? Our goal was just luck. Yes we hit the post, and missed a header.

Burton had a shot tipped over, and put numerous dangerous crosses into the box. 1-1 was a very fair scoreline at half time. You can’t just ignore missed chances and opportunities for the other side.

I never do but unlike some I don't ignore the chances we create either. Nor do I miss the good aspects in an academy player.

Ron politics, Spurs and racism (both left and right wing) Yes there is a difference but same result of hate.

Dont worry OBL you are not any those 3 and are clearly not the SOME posters i was talking about
Enough of these troll like innuendoes. Name them and let's get this out in the open.

I thought Mantom was neither awful or the man of the match, did some things very well but also made some very poor passes..but the way the crowd gets on his back is unacceptable, picking on one player when other’s had much worse games then him.

It is all very frustrating, turning into laughable, but I really do not get booing him off at the end and don’t blame him one bit for going straight down the tunnel, bet he can’t wait to leave in the summer.

For me Milligan and Dieng had far worse games and Shaughnessy was very weak at the back from the so called ‘senior pro’s’

The only senior pro’s I want here next season are White and Macca, the rest can all leave and we rebuild as per 2010 with a whole new team and 2 or 3 of the more promising youngsters!

Wow......I thought Milligan was class, Dieng and Shaughnessy both stood out compared to the youngsters. Macca also showed that he is a senior player and only Mantom was his usual backwards, miss passing self. Elvis showed his latest impressive improvement. Kelman had an impossible task, thanks Sol. Thought Clifford was poor, Mitchell after a decent first half fell away to a worrying extent. Barrett injected some skill and life and should be on the team sheet if not just for the fantastic throw ins.
Another 3 points dropped which were there for the taking if the suicide brothers Sol and Martin had not made ridiculous decisions for 2020

Wow......I thought Milligan was class, Dieng and Shaughnessy both stood out compared to the youngsters. Macca also showed that he is a senior player and only Mantom was his usual backwards, miss passing self. Elvis showed his latest impressive improvement. Kelman had an impossible task, thanks Sol. Thought Clifford was poor, Mitchell after a decent first half fell away to a worrying extent. Barrett injected some skill and life and should be on the team sheet if not just for the fantastic throw ins.
Another 3 points dropped which were there for the taking if the suicide brothers Sol and Martin had not made ridiculous decisions for 2020
Shows how football is a game of opinions...I saw no class in Milligan whatsoever....ducked out of a number of 50/50 challenges....looked like he didn’t want to get injured for when he dissapears to a foreign league in the summer no doubt.

Barrett for me looks the non league player he is and always will be unfortunately....but we might as well check this out for certain I agree before he gets released in the summer.

The senior pros should be standing out against the youngsters and for me other than Macca they are not!!

Shows how football is a game of opinions...I saw no class in Milligan whatsoever....ducked out of a number of 50/50 challenges....looked like he didn’t want to get injured for when he dissapears to a foreign league in the summer no doubt.

Barrett for me looks the non league player he is and always will be unfortunately....but we might as well check this out for certain I agree before he gets released in the summer.

The senior pros should be standing out against the youngsters and for me other than Macca they are not!!
As you say Fitz football is a game of opinions, thought yesterday Barrett was excellent for the 20 mins he was on.

Play like we did yesterday, even in League 2, we will be in the conference the following year, just utter lack of any form of structure. Pointless

Play like we did yesterday, even in League 2, we will be in the conference the following year, just utter lack of any form of structure. Pointless
Some people need to give their heads a wobble if they think this bad run ends this season. We are in a massive fight for our Football League existence in the years to come

Some people need to give their heads a wobble if they think this bad run ends this season. We are in a massive fight for our Football League existence in the years to come

Non league would be great fun......Southend Manor would be a great derby and I could use my very own toilet at half time.

As for the CS gas crew.....They could cause mayhem in places like Wakering and Hullbridge.

In a season of records for worst this and worst that......Surely this has to be the worst Post match tread?

Its obvious that with some of you its not just Sols tactics which you don't like....The real reason is cant be mentioned as politics are banned.
You actually believe that people don’t like him for the only reason of being Black British noooo you must think Because he’s Tory ??? Either way, You think that .... wow

In the 7 home games of the season before Sol arrived we conceded something like 23 goals and another 4 v MK in the cup.

In the last 7 home games it is 11 goals conceded. Could it be better, yes of course it could.....But it does show our young lads haven't quit on the fans.....Shame some of you are now threatening to quit on them.

I do feel that some of the criticism of Mantom is unfair. He was good and bad in equal measure yesterday, some of his passes were poor. On the other hand he was making good runs beyond our lone striker and was unlucky with the shot that hit the post. It wasn't him who made the huge blunder for goal number three. He is an average Division One midfielder but does score a few goals. I can think of dozens of worse midfielders that have put on a Blues shirt. The guy doesn't deserve the stick he gets from some fans.

In the 7 home games of the season before Sol arrived we conceded something like 23 goals and another 4 v MK in the cup.

In the last 7 home games it is 11 goals conceded. Could it be better, yes of course it could.....But it does show our young lads haven't quit on the fans.....Shame some of you are now threatening to quit on them.
You can't compare apples with pears.
Our young lads haven't quit on the fans as, wait for it......they are being paid and have future professional contracts at stake.
You can't shame the fans who, if you weren't aware, pay for the benefit of trying to unravel the mind games played out by Campbell week after depressing week.
I will continue going, for one thing I have a season ticket, but can you really really blame fans for saying "enough is enough"?

Oh, and to add to those earlier contributors with 50+ years of going to Roots Hall, I have been a regular since 1967, which I think entitles me to pass comment on the fare put in front of me.
This is undoubtably the worst period I have had the misfortune to see, with the perfect storm of an obsessed proud chairman with assets disappearing at a rate of knots, a laid back manager who I am convinced regards us as his latest hobby, the most unambitious council in the country, and a set of players with an unprecedented injury record, either by fault or design.

Back