• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stat ;

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Charlton have won 3, drawn 5 and lost 12 of these matches.

Charlton Stat (which will soon change!) ;

Of all the clubs Charlton have played more than ten times in their history, Southend have without question provided the most compliant opposition. They are in fact the only club against which the Addicks have won more than 50% of their games. The record stands at: played 40, won 22, drawn 9, lost 9. It is an extremely rare event for Charlton to be travelling to Southend in a lower league position than their hosts and the fact that we do so on Saturday is yet another indicator of how far our club has fallen.*

*get over yourselves!!

email i received says that tickets for Saturday will be available to collect from the main ticket office (near the club shop) until 10:30am on match day then will be in the NE ticket office thereafter, no mention of Shakespear and my ticket is in the West...

to be on the safe side i may collect mine today

I contact the ticket office and they arrange for my tickets to be at the west stand. Since I've started doing this I've never had any problems

email i received says that tickets for Saturday will be available to collect from the main ticket office (near the club shop) until 10:30am on match day then will be in the NE ticket office thereafter, no mention of Shakespear and my ticket is in the West...

to be on the safe side i may collect mine today

You can see how things get a bit silly. My East Stand ticket was in the West Stand collection point, and your West Stand ticket will be in the East Stand collection point. Maybe they're trying to keep us olduns fit.

Club tweeted that only 300 tickets remain and the x block will be not be opened. Surely half could be opened to get a few more bums on seats. 8k home fans is not enough for such games.

It is a bit silly regarding the x block. Charlton won't sell out their allocation therefore the northwest corner will be a sufficient amount of segregation. I think the club are under the false apprehension that Charlton will fill the entire away end.

Club tweeted that only 300 tickets remain and the x block will be not be opened. Surely half could be opened to get a few more bums on seats. 8k home fans is not enough for such games.

The tweet I got stated that only 300 unrestricted view seats remain but there is no mention of Block X at all. The Box Office is now closed and I expect part of Block X will be available tomorrow if all the other tickets are sold out online overnight or tomorrow morning. I can't see Uncle Ron turning down £sd.

Stat ;

In their last 20 away games against teams positioned in the top half of the table, Charlton have won 3, drawn 5 and lost 12 of these matches.

Charlton Stat (which will soon change!) ;

Of all the clubs Charlton have played more than ten times in their history, Southend have without question provided the most compliant opposition. They are in fact the only club against which the Addicks have won more than 50% of their games. The record stands at: played 40, won 22, drawn 9, lost 9. It is an extremely rare event for Charlton to be travelling to Southend in a lower league position than their hosts and the fact that we do so on Saturday is yet another indicator of how far our club has fallen.*

*get over yourselves!!

What ever you do, don't remind Charlton fans of their wonderful statement... "Alan Curbishley has taken us as far as he can"

They finished 7th in the PL under Curbishley. So welcome to RH.

You can see how things get a bit silly. My East Stand ticket was in the West Stand collection point, and your West Stand ticket will be in the East Stand collection point. Maybe they're trying to keep us olduns fit.

Haha, yeah - it's all good fun! This is Southend, you know nothing makes any sense...

I cheated and collected my tickets this afternoon, also bought a Sheff Utd ticket whilst I was there. :smile:

On paper this looks like a great time to play charlton. With injuries to players and their best players unlikely to play because they are off to bigger teams the very next day. Is it just me (I doubt it) or when it seems that teams are struggling for players they arrive at the Hall and play out of their skins. Also a big crowd usually calls for a bad performance. I hope it all goes well but I hate being over confident.

Last edited:
On paper this looks like a great time to play charlton. With injuries to players and there best players unlikely to play because there off to bigger teams the very next day. Is it just me (I doubt it) or when it seems teams are struggling for players they arrive at the Hall and play out of there skins. Also a big crowd usually calls for a bad performance. I hope it all goes well but I hate being over confident.

Sounds like banana skins to me. :blush: :unsure:

Anyway, the "we don't play well in front of larger than average gates" theory has just been proven wrong with the game and result against the Wombles, hasn't it?

These recent and upcoming home games just go to show how much potential revenue we're missing out on still being at Roots Hall.

On paper this looks like a great time to play charlton. With injuries to players and their best players unlikely to play because they are off to bigger teams the very next day. Is it just me (I doubt it) or when it seems that teams are struggling for players they arrive at the Hall and play out of their skins..

A classic example of this was when we played Gillingham at home back in April. They had 5 or 6 of their most influential players out injured, yet still gained a credible 1-1 draw.
This time tomorrow we're know one way or another.

Really looking forward to this. I've missed a few games since my lad went to uni, but he's back for xmas, so off to the Hall we go !!! :thumbsup:

This looks a cert on paper, but footy has a habit of biting you when you get in that mindset. Feel for the Charlton fans, because their club seems to be falling apart (even more than Roots Hall). Premier league and they messed (!!!) it up. Championship and they messed it up. Div One and they're messing it up. Or words to that effect !

Should be a brilliant atmosphere and a good game.

Let's get the place rocking !!! Come on you bluuuuue Booooooooooooooys

No game is a certainty.

Two of the 4 draws in our current unbeaten run were against struggling sides at home.

However, if we apply the same attitude and method to Boxing Day, we should have enough to win this one.

Back