• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'll be bringing assorted family members from around the country who support a variety of sides, including my Charlton-supporting 82 year old father in law. So I hope we put on a show or I'm in for a long day..

Evening Lads/Lasses, hope you don't mind me posting on here?

Should be a good game on Saturday but fully expect you to win, you seem to be on quite the run at the moment! We have a bit of an injury crisis (Declan Rudd, Ricky Holmes, Jason Pearce, Lee Novak, Chris Solly of our starters) and with Ademola Lookman and Morgan Fox seemingly agreeing deals to go elsewhere they may not be involved. Our off the field problems have meant any success this season is unlikely, but it should be a good day out on Saturday. We've sold 1300 as of today and with more tomorrow and walk ups I'd hope we could push 1700+ but we probably won't sell out. Good luck for the season guys. Any away friendly pub recommendations for pre/post match drinking?

Down the Sea Front if you're early enough...bit of a hike to the ground though :unsure: on the plus side, bracing fresh air straight off of the North Sea :thumbsup:

Should be a good game on Saturday but fully expect you to win, you seem to be on quite the run at the moment! We have a bit of an injury crisis (Declan Rudd, Ricky Holmes, Jason Pearce, Lee Novak, Chris Solly of our starters) and with Ademola Lookman and Morgan Fox seemingly agreeing deals to go elsewhere they may not be involved. Our off the field problems have meant any success this season is unlikely, but it should be a good day out on Saturday. We've sold 1300 as of today and with more tomorrow and walk ups I'd hope we could push 1700+ but we probably won't sell out. Good luck for the season guys. Any away friendly pub recommendations for pre/post match drinking?

Don't know what it's like in there but the designated away supporters pub is The Blue Boar, which is less than a five minute walk from the ground :thumbsup:

Pub wise, most take the easy option of Blue Boar. However, away fans that want to watch the early KO and then enjoy some cheap pints plus a great selection of Ale head towards The Cliff. It's about a 10 minute walk straight down the road, worth the stroll IMO.

I went to The Cliff many years ago (just the once!) not knowing its ..er..reputation!

I went to The Cliff many years ago (just the once!) not knowing its ..er..reputation!

Sure... ;)

Before moving out here, I used to live around the corner. Actually quite a nice pub in the daytime/summer, sit outside with a cold one.

Hi
If you like your Ale and are coming by train i would recommend getting off at Leigh on the C2C or at Rochford on the Greater Anglia lines.
Old Town at Leigh has the Mayflower or Crooked Billet, and Rochford 2 minutes from station behind Sainsbury's The Miley. Just past the historic old Square the Golden Lion. If you want to be closer to ground Yes the Blue Boar, but not the best.

Slaphead Steve

Pub wise, most take the easy option of Blue Boar. However, away fans that want to watch the early KO and then enjoy some cheap pints plus a great selection of Ale head towards The Cliff. It's about a 10 minute walk straight down the road, worth the stroll IMO.

Is the cliff not a gay bar?

Most of the pubs in town will be open and are a 15 mins walk. Best of luck for the season after Saturday

If you like a decent pint of real ale try The Cricketers on London Road.

http://www.thecricketersbarandfood.co.uk/contact

Morgan went to school about a five minute walk away from Roots Hall, where's he off to?

Back