• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi
If you like your Ale and are coming by train i would recommend getting off at Leigh on the C2C or at Rochford on the Greater Anglia lines.
Old Town at Leigh has the Mayflower or Crooked Billet, and Rochford 2 minutes from station behind Sainsbury's The Miley. Just past the historic old Square the Golden Lion. If you want to be closer to ground Yes the Blue Boar, but not the best.

Slaphead Steve

No through service on Greater Anglia to Southend Vic on Saturday.

if you're getting the train then it's all about the C2C for this one. which means getting a swift one in the ground and settling down for a few pints afterwards.
anyone know what the deal is with beers in the West stand these days? people got to order before kick off for half time or something?
last few times i've tried to get one in it hasn't been possible, surely it should be easier than it is

If you're getting the train then it's all about the C2C for this one which means getting a swift one in the ground and settling down for a few pints afterwards.
Anyone know what the deal is with beers in the West stand these days? People got to order before kick off for half time or something?
Last few times I've tried to get one in it hasn't been possible. Surely it should be easier than it is.

Wise words you speak big bearded one.

if you're getting the train then it's all about the C2C for this one. which means getting a swift one in the ground and settling down for a few pints afterwards.
anyone know what the deal is with beers in the West stand these days? people got to order before kick off for half time or something?
last few times i've tried to get one in it hasn't been possible, surely it should be easier than it is
Don't bother!!!

We always order ours before. They tend to shut the bar now as soon as the game kicks off so can no longer do my usual trick of wandering in around 15-20 minutes into the game, straight to the bar and order mine for half time.

I'm on the GA line as based in Wickford now but trains look like they're running as normal (from Billericay to Southend anyway), which means getting to the Railway nice & early for a couple and the same again afterwards. :thumbsup:

Looks like over 7k sold in the home ends now. Around 500 complimentary and 1800 odd Charlton to add on, plus any sales between then and now and on the day. Should be around the 10k mark.

Love it when we get a few in at the hall.

Looks like over 7k sold in the home ends now. Around 500 complimentary and 1800 odd Charlton to add on, plus any sales between then and now and on the day. Should be around the 10k mark.

Love it when we get a few in at the hall.

Looking at the online ticket system, the only part of the ground available is mostly the South lower. I should imagine the club will start opening the X block soon.

There's a few of us, including a Charlton fan, going to the Old Trout in Southend afterwards.
Good beer and only a 10/15 minute walk from the ground.

Evening Lads/Lasses, hope you don't mind me posting on here?

Should be a good game on Saturday but fully expect you to win, you seem to be on quite the run at the moment! We have a bit of an injury crisis (Declan Rudd, Ricky Holmes, Jason Pearce, Lee Novak, Chris Solly of our starters) and with Ademola Lookman and Morgan Fox seemingly agreeing deals to go elsewhere they may not be involved. Our off the field problems have meant any success this season is unlikely, but it should be a good day out on Saturday. We've sold 1300 as of today and with more tomorrow and walk ups I'd hope we could push 1700+ but we probably won't sell out. Good luck for the season guys. Any away friendly pub recommendations for pre/post match drinking?

does everyone think that pre match beers in the ground as impossible?
Surely that's one thing the club should be able to do fairly easily, and it's easy money

Evening Lads/Lasses, hope you don't mind me posting on here?

Should be a good game on Saturday but fully expect you to win, you seem to be on quite the run at the moment! We have a bit of an injury crisis (Declan Rudd, Ricky Holmes, Jason Pearce, Lee Novak, Chris Solly of our starters) and with Ademola Lookman and Morgan Fox seemingly agreeing deals to go elsewhere they may not be involved. Our off the field problems have meant any success this season is unlikely, but it should be a good day out on Saturday. We've sold 1300 as of today and with more tomorr. Any away friendly pub recommendations for pre/post match drinking?ow and walk ups I'd hope we could push 1700+ but we probably won't sell out. Good luck for the season guys

Hamilton Hall Liverpool St - Southend is like a desert.

Hello, I'm from Ilford and will be taking 2 Charlton supporters. One has a bad knee but can ride his fold-up bike. I usually go by rail to Prittlewell but am now going by car. I have some questions.
1) Will the Civic Centre car park be open on the 31st?
2) Could I park in the Priory car park or do they get upset?
3) What's the congestion likely to be in Rayleigh Weir area on the A127?
4) Is there provision for cyclists at Roots Hall as I'll pack his fold up in my boot and we could park further away and he could cycle.

Hello, I'm from Ilford and will be taking 2 Charlton supporters. One has a bad knee but can ride his fold-up bike. I usually go by rail to Prittlewell but am now going by car. I have some questions.
1) Will the Civic Centre car park be open on the 31st?
2) Could I park in the Priory car park or do they get upset?
4) Is there provision for cyclists at Roots Hall as I'll pack his fold up in my boot and we could park further away and he could cycle.

1.Yes
2.Yes but limited parking so be early.
3.If you stick on the 127 and use the underpass you will avoid congestion on the multi light (being re-phased) roundabout thingy. Traffic will get congested by Progress Road, Kent Elms, Tescos, Bell Corner and Cookoo Corner. I suggest you turn off at Southbourne Grove (btn Kent Elms/Tescos) and try you luck in Prittlewell Chase for parking.
4.No cycling provisions but inquire at club office and if your chap is disabled they might be able to assist.

Surely that's one thing the club should be able to do fairly easily, and it's easy money

Kavangah said this could not be done in the West, it was something that the Trust asked for on a number of occasions. Facilities there are not suitable for this apparently.

Not sure on the other questions, but I'd advise you to get onto the A13 which is likely to be a good deal clearer, we sailed through from Benfleet on Boxing Day, only took us 20 minutes.

With regards the cycle, give them a ring at the club and see if it can be stored somewhere - I'm sure Jobbo will be able to sort something.

Not in the East Bank.

It's waiter table service in the Far Post, as always! :cool:

Back