• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kavangah said this could not be done in the West, it was something that the Trust asked for on a number of occasions. Facilities there are not suitable for this apparently.

i just meant stuff like pre-pouring or shifting people out the way.
Two season ago it was a joy to have a pint in the West but now it's a right pain, or impossible. I guess us being up a division may contribute to that

Looking at the online ticket system, the only part of the ground available is mostly the South lower. I should imagine the club will start opening the X block soon.

Think that is unlikely based upon Charlton support and minimum segregation restrictions....

Think that is unlikely based upon Charlton support and minimum segregation restrictions....
West Stand all but sold out now.
I'm pretty sure they can open up half the X Block and still have segregation.
Looks like all other areas apart from South Lower will sell out tomorrow. The ticket office sold about 700 tickets today some of those would have been online but that must have been one of the busiest days for ages.

Last edited:
As of today we'd sold just over 1400, disappointing not to sell out but I'd expect walk ups to take it up to 1600ish, our away support has never been great! Looks like it's gonna be a cracking atmosphere though and will be nice to see a full stadium for once. Just hope the NYE traffic isn't too hectic, especially with the early kick off and all. (Why is that does anyone know, most other games are three?)

As of today we'd sold just over 1400, disappointing not to sell out but I'd expect walk ups to take it up to 1600ish, our away support has never been great! Looks like it's gonna be a cracking atmosphere though and will be nice to see a full stadium for once. Just hope the NYE traffic isn't too hectic, especially with the early kick off and all. (Why is that does anyone know, most other games are three?)

yes, should be a near to full house on Saturday, it will be good to see a decent away support as well, as you know we have a lot of Northern teams in league 1 so away fans are not always in abundance. Our game against the Wombles was a 1pm KO, not sure why, but that suits me :-). Travel should be OK for you coming from SE London, and parking is mainly 'street' just be careful of restrictions as you do tend to get a few over zealous traffic wardens on the prowl on match days.

The return game at your place is the weekend of my birthday, so I will be there along with the SUFC faithful, if you have any tips on where to drink or places to avoid please advise.

Have a safe trip, it should be a good atmosphere!

Oh, and thanks for the 3 points (he says trying not to tempt fate)....:smile:

Having a full stadium will create a great atmosphere, far better than having 10,000 rattling around in a 25,000 seater stadium as per some of the grounds visited this season.
#loveapackedhall

I'm surprised that Charlton took their away tickets off sale a day early, don't away clubs generally take them off sale around lunch time on the Friday, for a Saturday afternoon fixture?

I don't think it will make much difference though, as mentioned before, the Charlton fans that were always planning to travel for this one will still do so, and just pay on the day.

I'm surprised that Charlton took their away tickets off sale a day early, don't away clubs generally take them off sale around lunch time on the Friday, for a Saturday afternoon fixture?

I don't think it will make much difference though, as mentioned before, the Charlton fans that were always planning to travel for this one will still do so, and just pay on the day.

Ron will probably be hoping for on the day sales from Charlton as this will mean cash in his pocket quicker!

Need to collect mine from the North-East ticket office. Does that mean I go up Shakespeare or Vic Avenue? Thanks in advance.

Just a warning, may not happen to you. Last season I had to do that, went there and they couldn't find my ticket. For some reason that nobody could explain, they sent mine and a few others around to the Shakespeare Drive ticket collection point. Even tho the ticket was East Stand. Made me miss about 12 minutes of the match.
Southend United and tickets, Lol. I've had such fun and games since I had to give up my season card.

Just a warning, may not happen to you. Last season I had to do that, went there and they couldn't find my ticket. For some reason that nobody could explain, they sent mine and a few others around to the Shakespeare Drive ticket collection point. Even tho the ticket was East Stand. Made me miss about 12 minutes of the match.
Southend United and tickets, Lol. I've had such fun and games since I had to give up my season card.

email i received says that tickets for Saturday will be available to collect from the main ticket office (near the club shop) until 10:30am on match day then will be in the NE ticket office thereafter, no mention of Shakespear and my ticket is in the West...

to be on the safe side i may collect mine today

Back