• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 4-0 Oldham Athletic

3. Time must be added on to stop the deliberate slowing down of the game by players/teams. Should sort out Boreham Wood and others.
This resulted in 16 added minutes this afternoon.
That's why i had to leave promptly at the final whistle, otherwise i'd have missed the no.1 ( my bus! ).

This a little dig in my direction?

I’ve admitted I was wrong, and apologised about Lomas. I’d love to be wrong about Mooney as I think he is an incredibly gifted player, and can be a huge player for us, however I don’t think I am.

I came back from a week in Center Parcs yesterday, so I’ll speak to my people again, but I don’t believe anything has changed.
spot on about Mooney and lomas is still very much up in the air. evidenced by not coming in during pre -season. But does apparently also have an injury.
good to Alvin Martin's son helping us out with the keepers but wants to carry on playing somewhere rather than moving to coaching and cover.
there was a player from Gillingham that was going to come in Last night on a non contract basis but seems he couldn't see the point of it from his own progression point of view. which is fair enough to be hone st.
Today, everyone involved amazing

Just home to Epsom (via a couple of noisy passes along Benfleet Road). What a superb performance. There were occasions where it looked like the game could turn but we maintained composure and weathered the storm (as weak as it was from Oldham). Some new bodies to join the team would be most welcome.

We will not be “just fine” with a squad of just 16.

I wasn’t there today, so can’t comment on the performance, although absolutely buzzing off the result and can’t wait for the highlights.

A 16 man squad is not enough for a full season in the National League. Our starting 11 is good, I’d suggest our strongest 11 would be Lomas in for Taylor. That is a very good starting 11, but ultimately fell short of our goals as we weren’t able to add to the squad from September onwards.

A squad of 16, with a lack of a proper pre-season, will get found out eventually. I’m obviously hoping it’s not for a long time yet, and things have improved off the field so that doesn’t become an issue.
Your correct you wasn’t there 🤣🤣… no opinion unfortunately

I think I’m feeling like many on here.
Finally some relief from 5 months of Ron’s negativity and playing games.
Such a nice feeling this evening not having to wade through negative posts ( I know I’m guilty sometimes).
I know Ronald’s not going yet, but what a feeling of relief with today’s result. It’s so nice to have the feel good factor today.
COYB’s ⚽💙💙💙💙

Well! That was a treat wasn’t it
Given what we have all been through lately to even get to holding the game today in itself was a mountain to climb but, we got there

I said to others before the game this was the perfect time to play Oldham as they one of the favourites for the league and they didn’t have a good pre season, the team has not jelled probably yet and also they were without their manager due to covid and we- well we still had most of our squad from last season.
I said on another thread that Mooney was fit and wanting to play so was pleased to see him come in and score

I don’t think you could pick any one of the players that stood out today as they all did and played with heart and passion and good to see the crowd get right behind them too

Brilliant afternoon and will be good for moral

We will not be “just fine” with a squad of just 16.

I wasn’t there today, so can’t comment on the performance, although absolutely buzzing off the result and can’t wait for the highlights.

A 16 man squad is not enough for a full season in the National League. Our starting 11 is good, I’d suggest our strongest 11 would be Lomas in for Taylor. That is a very good starting 11, but ultimately fell short of our goals as we weren’t able to add to the squad from September onwards

A squad of 16, with a lack of a proper pre-season, will get found out eventually. I’m obviously hoping it’s not for a long time yet, and things have improved off the field so that doesn’t become an issue.
Boywonder, I think your assessment is correct. But the crucial thing is whether this small squad can avoid a spate of injuries in the next month or so. I seem to recall that Tilson operated with a very small squad in his first promotion season.

Back