• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-0 Eastleigh

I've often slated Bridge playing up top, but today they absolutely f***ing nailed it. Drew men out constantly, roamed up and down, pressed high, got on the ball, was top top stuff. Hats off to Pepple as well, really happy with his effort today, gave their centre halves a real battle and almost made something out of nothing. Real profesional and composed game.

Great performance tonight,all the players was immense and throughly deserved the 2-0 victory.As soon as bonne had that header saved u could see he's a quality player and that he's played at a higher level,the technique looked like a player from the championship.He seems in great shape and I know its early but he's an upgrade on Cardwell.I also thought pepple looked strong and pacey and will get better game by game.Eastleigh looked like a pub side,and everyone was saying how good they are but there league position is false as they haven't really played anyone decent until tonight.We can get promoted with this squad.

Really good performance tonight and looking like we have options up top.
Thought Bim ran his socks off as people have said, and Bonne picked up some great positions when he came on and could have got on the end of a couple. With the delivery coming into the box he's certainly going to get goals in this league. Josh Walker said he's about a week away now so we are looking really strong for competition in that area. Adding Moncur who is so good at this level. Good Times ahead!!

Cardwell who???

Paul McC who?

He won a cheap free kick early doors after Crowther nudged him in the back…. McCallum fell over like a sack of spuds. Then proceeded to smirk and chunter, giving it the big I AM…. at Crowther as they walked in to the box….
Whatever he said did the trick as Crowther, ably assisted by Gubbins and Taylor, kept McCallum in his back pocket all night, completely nullified the threat. Outstanding performance.

Great game….all gave 150%

Collin 7…..worries me every time he goes near the ball but does excellent stuff as well
Gus 8 gave it all as usual
Taylor 8 same as we have come to expect of him
Crowther 8.5 , Kensdale who?
Gibbons 8…..3 fantastic crossfield balls on a sixpence
Ralph 8.5 Mr Reliable, great tackling and general all round play
Husin 7.5 decent enough and got a feeling he plays better with Morton than Miley
Morton 9 as said above looks different class when Miley not around, his passing
and shape of body oozes class
Moncur 8 pure quality and is making those around him tick
Bridge 8 put in a good shift and a great penalty taker to have
Pepple 7.5 showed a bit of speed and done well on his own up front
Bonne 8 looks a better footballer than the model so that’s a start👍

Eastleigh started fairly well, confidence after a good start to the campaign I guess, but once we got a foothold in the game we were a joy to watch at times. Moncur was like the conductor of an orchestra.

I was impressed with Pepple up top, he did a fine job and will improve, I think. Gus and Ralph, well when do they ever play badly? Gubbins a lot better today, looked classy and put 2 or 3 great balls into the box. Bridge and Husin looked inspired (by king George?) .. Bonne in his short cameo looked decent, just his movement and running alone. Defence were superb. Morton maybe played his best game for us so far.

Can’t wait for Saturday as I think (hope) this team will get better and better and remember we’ve still got some players out injured who can come back and make an impact.

Isn’t this a more pleasant place when we win?

What a performance everyone played well tonight moncur is class Ralph and gubbins were outstanding Morton looks a different player and crowther what a find Maher has got a dilemma on his hands tho you can’t have bridge gubbins and Ralph in the same team when everyone is fit but I can think of worse problems to have

Great game….all gave 150%

Collin 7…..worries me every time he goes near the ball but does excellent stuff as well
Gus 8 gave it all as usual
Taylor 8 same as we have come to expect of him
Crowther 8.5 , Kensdale who?
Gibbons 8…..3 fantastic crossfield balls on a sixpence
Ralph 8.5 Mr Reliable, great tackling and general all round play
Husin 7.5 decent enough and got a feeling he plays better with Morton than Miley
Morton 9 as said above looks different class when Miley not around, his passing
and shape of body oozes class
Moncur 8 pure quality and is making those around him tick
Bridge 8 put in a good shift and a great penalty taker to have
Pepple 7.5 showed a bit of speed and done well on his own up front
Bonne 8 looks a better footballer than the model so that’s a start👍
Must have been good never seen you positive before

Well that was the sort of performance we have all been hoping for. High quality and high intensity.

No player scored less than an 8 out of 10 imho.

The greatest change in our team?........................surely it must be the Moncur influence.

He exudes class, confidence and a desire to retain the ball and recycle. This appears to be rubbing off on the other players especially as shown by Bridge and Morton tonight.

I thought Pepple did really well in the lone striker role and I would be very happy if we signed him as one of 4 forwards with Bonne, Walker and Waldron. At only 21 years old, I suspect/hope that there's lots more to come from him.

So who should we play?

Don't think we can play both........

I like the look of Morton and looks less likely (I know he got a Yellow tonight) to be sent off!

Seems to have a better range of passing and looks like he wants to have a pop at goal!
Great to have the options. Miley is unrivalled off the ball, against the stronger teams he has to play. However, I do think Morton's tempo and passing range really suits the games against the lesser sides in the league. I think despite their start you can probably count Eastleigh in that bracket, although we definitely made them look poor tonight.

If you’re going on Saturday then make sure you keep an eye on moncur when the ball is out of play. He’s always encouraging and helping his team mates. Even when he’s not necessarily playing as well as he can*, he’s definitely helping his teammates play better. You can see why Maher wanted his personality as much as his ability.

*while you could see his class and he rarely gave the ball away; I feel there’s more to come from him

Really enjoyable match. Everyone in a blue shirt looked good and made a positive contribution. Was expecting more from Eastleigh, considering their position in the table before kickoff. But I guess they were out classed by a better team. Our defence was strong, midfield played the ball around well, Morton, Noor and Moncur all had a good game. Pepple worked hard and shows promise. KAF, appears to have speed, combined with a nice touch. Bonne already looks like he instinctively knows where to be in and around the box. So don’t be surprised when he does find the back of the net. So pleased to see a performance like that tonight. Could easily have been 3 or 4-0. Well done to the entire team, including the coaching staff. In Kev we trust.

Back