• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Maidenhead United

Is there any chance of us getting more players in or are we just sticking with what we have? Bit concerning if we are
Of course there's a chance, and Maher and Co. know they need additions.

I think they have a pretty good idea of who they want, though, and that they feel like they can get them at some point soon......just perhaps not imminently.

Unless things REALLY go Pete Tong, I think you can expect them to hold on until they can land their primary targets, rather than panic-settling for someone further down the shortlist.

Is there any chance of us getting more players in or are we just sticking with what we have? Bit concerning if we are
Board need to look at releasing some funds to go and get some established players in and soon. We can't keep losing games in that manner

You can't blame it all on Boone. We've only played well in 2 games this season out of 13 - what happened in the games before Boone arrived!!!
Plus the friendly games were not particularly full of joy either, that's why the fans who saw Pedder who did show a bit of pace and spirit wanted him permanently .

Board need to look at releasing some funds to go and get some established players in and soon. We can't keep losing games in that manner
Personally feel we need a CB, CM and another wide sort of player, not a full winger as we don't play with them. Maybe loan out Jack Wood to get some game time as he clearly isn't a favourite of Maher's for some reason.

From the Minutes of our most recent (26th September) Liaison Meeting with the Club:

"The Club is currently trying to sign a defender on loan, and has some targets for when the transfer window opens in January. The Club is also looking at permanent transfer targets in the forward areas."

Why would we waste money rushing people in now when we have genuine candidates for when the League transfer window opens in January? Yes, means we'll have some problems now for a bit, but means those personnel we have are going to have to up their games short term, and work harder.

From the Minutes of our most recent (26th September) Liaison Meeting with the Club:

"The Club is currently trying to sign a defender on loan, and has some targets for when the transfer window opens in January. The Club is also looking at permanent transfer targets in the forward areas."

Why would we waste money rushing people in now when we have genuine candidates for when the League transfer window opens in January? Yes, means we'll have some problems now for a bit, but means those personnel we have are going to have to up their games short term, and work harder.
What interests me about the “get better players in” mentality is who do people expect us to sign that’ll suddenly improve the squad .. who do they think is left out there that’s been missed by other clubs? Or is the answer they’ve got no clue as it’s not their job? I’d much rather the club think long term.

We’ve already got Bonne and Moncur who’ve got higher level experience and we’re weaker, not sure panic buying more of the same is the solution.

My all time favourite player. Hands down.

But if we are in a genuine relegation battle, the board would need to make changes and that's just part of the game.

I'm confident we will turn things around and finish in a comfortable mid table finish but I also do think that the fans expectations at the start of the season are adding to the fire.

Myself and a small section of fans anticipated a mid table scrap as we transitioned

The only negative in my eyes, I was hoping that we would have invested in players who would have improved over the next couple of of seasons and transitioned with us, but instead we have signed players on the way out on short term contracts so that also blurred expectations.

If we would have brought in rough diamonds and spent this season polishing them, we would have been a bit more patient, but instead we've brought in a couple of players that are a single roll of the dice

What interests me about the “get better players in” mentality is who do people expect us to sign that’ll suddenly improve the squad .. who do they think is left out there that’s been missed by other clubs? Or is the answer they’ve got no clue as it’s not their job? I’d much rather the club think long term.

We’ve already got Bonne and Moncur who’ve got higher level experience and we’re weaker, not sure panic buying more of the same is the solution.
Here’s an answer, Romoney Crichlow. Signed on loan from Posh by Daggers. Left footed ball playing CB. I won’t accept people saying there’s no better out there than what we’ve got when other clubs are strengthening in areas of interest to us.

Genuine question, why are we waiting until January. Thought we didn’t have a transfer window?

I didn’t see the game but suspected when the crowther was subbed he was been given a bit of the blame for the set pieces. From watching the highlights, it’s not clear on the first, but the second he’s either supposed to be marking the scorer or is the free man to attack the ball. We also had more and better chances than they did. We need to be taking ours and hope teams aren’t so clinical with theirs

Here’s an answer, Romoney Crichlow. Signed on loan from Posh by Daggers. Left footed ball playing CB. I won’t accept people saying there’s no better out there than what we’ve got when other clubs are strengthening in areas of interest to us.
Loan players from higher league clubs don’t always work out .. we’ve seen that. Not disagreeing there’s players out there .. but good enough to turn us into a promotion chasing team? Gubbins has FPL experience. Foran started at Arsenal. It’s no guarantee anyone will slot straight in and if they have a couple of **** games they’ll have the crowd on their backs too.

Genuine question, why are we waiting until January. Thought we didn’t have a transfer window?
We haven't - but it's the next 'merry go round' of players where league clubs look to strengthen and move on surplus players. For NL and NLS/N clubs it's an opportunity to 'cash in' on players that maybe out of contract in the summer - although this doesn't have to happen in Jan, it's probably too early in the season for most to be thinking of that now, unless someone waves silly money at them

One of the many low points Saturday was the selection of, quite justified, songs sung by the away fans. Ranging from “How s**t must you be we’re winning away”, to “2-0 to the part timers” and finally “Are you Marlow in disguise”. What a time to be alive.

All sorts of reasons. What happens in the EFL window has a knock-on effect down here.

It's also a point at which clubs at our level or one below might decide to cash in on one of their star players, either because he'll be out of contract in the summer and has said he's not re-signing, or because it's clear that that club is in no danger of leaving its current division (up or down).

We signed Cardwell, Husin and Powell in January 2022, with neither us or the selling clubs being subject to the EFL transfer window.

Back