• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

The lady that sells the West Stand programs was definitely there and working when we arrived around 1.45pm. Maybe all the supplies were sold before you arrived due to high demand 1st time out.
Yes, I got there at 2.00pm and can confirm she was selling programmes at that stage.

The tifo cards were, imho, a waste of time. Didn't look particularly impressive from my vantage point in the South Upper. Plus I think it dampened the noise when the teams came out as people struggled to clap and hold the cards.

Good to try things out, but wouldn't want it to become too regular, unless it can become an income stream for the club - one side is the coloured card to hold up and the other an advert.

Personally if anything, the West Stand toilets as you'd presume they'd be a priority?. Regarding my comment about my sons hot dog, i was replying to the guy who commented about his Cheeseburger.

Even if the toilets were a priority, they’d never have had them done in 3 weeks. It’s not like doing up your own bathroom at home. There would be a huge amount of planning required as the plumbing and electrics will all be outdated and soon as touched it will need to be brought up to modern standards. You can’t refit the toilets before there is a plan for the rest of the stand, otherwise you end up ripping out what you fixed in 12 months. Things need to be done right first time around, and that will take time. Even the most simple jobs in public entertainment venues are very complex.

I was happy on Saturday, my phone actually worked at half time in the West Stand, usually all i get is the circle of death when trying to access the Web.

But not Saturday, my phone was alive and could access half time scores and had a really good signal. I was in. Shock as never happened before.

Maybe another thing COSU have sorted out.

Last edited:
I was happy on Saturday, my phone actually worked at half time in the West Stand, usually all get is the circle of death when trying to access the Web.

But not Saturday, my phone was alive and could access half time scores and had a really good signal. I was in. Shock as never happened before.

I did see them doing new network cables on Friday.

Even if the toilets were a priority, they’d never have had them done in 3 weeks. It’s not like doing up your own bathroom at home. There would be a huge amount of planning required as the plumbing and electrics will all be outdated and soon as touched it will need to be brought up to modern standards. You can’t refit the toilets before there is a plan for the rest of the stand, otherwise you end up ripping out what you fixed in 12 months. Things need to be done right first time around, and that will take time. Even the most simple jobs in public entertainment venues are very complex.
What, for hot water?. I would have thought that was a requirement to get a health safety certificate?.

Incredible, as you'd think hot water is a must?.

To be honest, this whole thread annoyed me since I read the title of it. Not sure why I picked on your post about the crap hot dog of whatever it was, I could easily have picked on any of the others, so sorry for that.

I just feel a bit ****ed off that the match report thread is full of negative gripes after one game. The management team are being questioned after one game. The moans about the facilities not being updated / changed after three weeks. Urgh, just all feels so negative after what has been a really positive few weeks where the backroom staff have pulled off so many sponsorship deals, arranged scoreboards and signs, kit launches, thousands of people through the club shop etc etc was just hoping the feel good factor would last beyond a 1-1 draw with a team likely to be up around the top end come end of season.

Anyway, sorry to pick you out. 😇

To be honest, this whole thread annoyed me since I read the title of it. Not sure why I picked on your post about the crap hot dog of whatever it was, I could easily have picked on any of the others, so sorry for that.

I just feel a bit ****ed off that the match report thread is full of negative gripes after one game. The management team are being questioned after one game. The moans about the facilities not being updated / changed after three weeks. Urgh, just all feels so negative after what has been a really positive few weeks where the backroom staff have pulled off so many sponsorship deals, arranged scoreboards and signs, kit launches, thousands of people through the club shop etc etc was just hoping the feel good factor would last beyond a 1-1 draw with a team likely to be up around the top end come end of season.

Anyway, sorry to pick you out. 😇
No worries, us footie fans will always have something to gripe about?. Whether it's the Ref, wrong team selection in our opinion, or countless ever moans!.
Bottom line is, we were all there yesterday and a majority will be returning for our games throughout the season ( hopefully! ).
No doubt in December I'll be moaning that the water in the loo is too hot, and I scolded my hands!!.

I was happy on Saturday, my phone actually worked at half time in the West Stand, usually all i get is the circle of death when trying to access the Web.

Nope me and the missus had no signal; especially at half time.

No worries, us footie fans will always have something to gripe about?. Whether it's the Ref, wrong team selection in our opinion, or countless ever moans!.
Bottom line is, we were all there yesterday and a majority will be returning for our games throughout the season ( hopefully! ).
No doubt in December I'll be moaning that the water in the loo is too hot, and I scolded my hands!!.

Well said.

This place is rapidly becoming a place where you cant say anything honest without being seen as a 'moaner' or against the 'feel good factor'.

Nowones saying sack the board or maher out (yet 😆).

Nowone is denying the great work cosu have done in a limited time.

People are commenting on the football or in this thread the match day experience.

Should we all say:
"Matchday experience was perfect, no changes needed".

"The football was sublime, the players are super fit and we dont need any more signings".

its a discussion forum, the perfect place to bring things up that need addressing. Lets keep it that way.

Back