• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

I genuinely thought my first experience in the toilets this season would be much better. **** all water, no soap and no working hand dryer. Surely these are all basics and should be up there in their P1’s.

I’m not at the next home game, hoping the Daggers game to at least have decent running hot water, soap and a working hand dryer.

For me everything else was much improved, as I said in the post match thread. You can see improvements on the start of last season, still a long way to go and I expect this time next year it will have come on leaps and bounds.

Decided to spend some money at the club by getting into the west earlier and getting a beer.

Never seen the queue that big before. When we finally got round the corner and facing the pitch, it's crazy the lack of space on that concourse.

30 mins before KO and the bar gets locked.

Go to get a beer at half time and get told "the beer has ran out". Luckily I had pre ordered.

Its going to take time and a lot of money to change the west into a safe, clean space with decent facilities.

So many will have been put off again by what's on offer.

I'll probably just stay in the railway as its pointless queuing for an age and not getting served.
Agreed, got into ground around 1340 to get a beer or two and it was a massive ball ache tbh.
Will stay in the pub until something better on offer.
Did not partake in any food....any reviews????

First up, I think it was far busier at RH before the game as so many people wanted to give their £ to the club rather than spend it elsewhere. We got there early for exactly that reason. Well done to everyone who had that intention.

The queues were far too long to wait in. The toilets were still awful. The food was still bad…. BUT….. the consortium have had the keys for weeks, not months. We need to give them time to make the changes needed and those changes have to be knocking down walls, building new spaces, buying new equipment, organising contracts with third party food sellers and making the space for them to operate. These things just won’t happen quickly. I imagine the real change we want to see will come next close season, ready for 25/26.

We’re already doing our bit as fans by backing them big time via season ticket sales and attendances like yesterday. Let’s keep doing that, and try and spend your £ inside the club wherever possible. It’s almost a partnership between the consortium and us. Let’s keep our side.

On a personal note, it was a big improvement to see the stewards and security making sure people sat where their tickets said they should. W block looked safer and the aisles not full of standing people. That’s a simple and free change which made things far more pleasant.

The fact we had a match day to experience was all that mattered yesterday.
Up to a point I agree with you, but if supporters don't offer up constructive criticism/feedback then the Club and the Consortium won't know what we think so far. We know the Club monitor the Zone so hopefully they will take on board what's been offered up.

Agreed, got into ground around 1340 to get a beer or two and it was a massive ball ache tbh.
Yes. Decided to eat from the west stand outlet. Still Disgusting, uninviting, tasteless and overpriced.

I have no problem paying a fiver for a cheeseburger, but at the least make it look edible.

2 crumpled halves of an unbuttered roll. A cardboard bit of meat (?) half a dozen slugs which I suppose were onions and a slice of something yellow. Absolutely foul.

Regarding the staff. Please show a little bit of interest in what you are doing.

I will not do it again until it is dealt with.

Still it has been only 3 weeks and I am sure things will change.

Without a doubt there were a fair old chunk of Shrimper newbies in the crowd yesterday and I would hope they will return again and again. For that to happen the football has to be watchable and the environment inviting. We all put up with less than ideal, but now is the time to see the start of a new tomorrow.

The burger I had was like cardboard and the bun wasn't very fresh. Still, there were onions which is a SZ favourite :Winking: Would I buy from them again ? Without doubt ! As i'd rather give the £'s to SUFC than outside outlets, and I have every confidence improvements will be made under the new regime

The burger I had was like cardboard and the bun wasn't very fresh. Still, there were onions which is a SZ favourite :Winking: Would I buy from them again ? Without doubt ! As i'd rather give the £'s to SUFC than outside outlets, and I have every confidence improvements will be made under the new regime
Well I agree and hope you're right re future improvements, however if the same bods are in charge of catering and bars then I'd suggest they need to up their game by matching the best offerings in comparable clubs.

Back