• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

Why not have outside caterers, for example a pizza van,homemade pies, kebabs etc.All situated just outside the ground, on SUFC land.The club can charge the caterers what seems reasonable.Im sure at least eight or nine local caterers would be interested.The club produces sub standard snack catering,
and my experience of the match days not much better.Take note consortium !!
I have a Cocktail business and messaged Justin on LinkedIn offering my services free of charge including staff training to improve service and maximise profitability, as well as designing a simple Cocktail menu for the hospitality suites but didn't receive a reply

I have a Cocktail business and messaged Justin on LinkedIn offering my services free of charge including staff training to improve service and maximise profitability, as well as designing a simple Cocktail menu for the hospitality suites but didn't receive a reply
Perhaps he passed it on to the catering department?

Genuine question: what did you actually expect to be different after just three weeks of new ownership?
Personally if anything, the West Stand toilets as you'd presume they'd be a priority?. Regarding my comment about my sons hot dog, i was replying to the guy who commented about his Cheeseburger.

Nice new lady on security for the Directors. Allowed us to move across to better seats as they were not taken. A certain fat obnoxious former director would have had us removed in the past.

Someone has finally got put the plumbers grips out and gave the waste half turn in the gents urinals. I might risk wearing my best flip-flops next game as the floor was dry for the first time in 5 years.

Captains Bar was still poorly stocked. Couldn't have a pint as my free drink, the machine only holds 12 anyway. All cold bottles were sold before KO so we didn't bother with a second drink beforehand.....The one we would have paid for. Settled for a desperado at HT...Only crips as a snack. No chocolate or nuts etc.

Minor points really and only incase someone is reading. Overall fantastic day and good to see so many old faces

Steve Phillips popped in the Railway after. I told him I seem to remember him scoring an OG went he was playing for Brentford in the Southbank goal. Slid to cut out a cross from our Right and it went in. He denied it and was adamant he has never scored an oggy..... Said it was Barry Tucker. Even came back about 20 mins later to remind me it wasn't him......I then recalled he did score the winner at Sheff U and that nearly got me beat up.......He relaxed after that.

i still struggle to get why people bring sandwiches and crisps to a football match when they can get a bite to eat at the ground?

If i take a sandwich and crisps then i have to bring a bag, i dont want the hassle. I just want to go to the kiosk, get my burger and eat it. Its much less hassle then taking an extra bag, on top of a scarf, hat in the winter.

The food and drink situation will get better and will improve but it wil
Quite plainly it isn’t less hassle , unless you like standing in a queue and being served somethnig that is pretty grim , and then moaning about the whole experience. Try pockets , they even come in shorts for the summer

Genuine question: what did you actually expect to be different after just three weeks of new ownership?
Reading the comments on here makes me laugh people must think the consortium have owned the club for months not as you say for 3 weeks . There’s only one man to blame for state of the Food bars & Toilets that’s mr Ratty martin , I’m sure as the season goes on people will see changes every match

Reading the comments on here makes me laugh people must think the consortium have owned the club for months not as you say for 3 weeks . There’s only one man to blame for state of the Food bars & Toilets that’s mr Ratty martin , I’m sure as the season goes on people will see changes every match
The thing about the Zone is that it is a place to share views and opinions. That being so, posters will offer up views, good or bad. I think we all agree that Ronny was the culprit for our current state, but there are some points posted on this thread which could be quite easily addressed provided the Club are aware.

Pretty much the same as the last few years. In fact I cannot remember the last time I spent money inside the ground. arrived at 2-40 (Shakespear Drive entrance) wanted to buy a programme but could not find the sellers. Why are they not on sale in the ground ?

Pretty much the same as the last few years. In fact I cannot remember the last time I spent money inside the ground. arrived at 2-40 (Shakespear Drive entrance) wanted to buy a programme but could not find the sellers. Why are they not on sale in the ground ?
The lady that sells the West Stand programs was definitely there and working when we arrived around 1.45pm. Maybe all the supplies were sold before you arrived due to high demand 1st time out.

The thing about the Zone is that it is a place to share views and opinions. That being so, posters will offer up views, good or bad. I think we all agree that Ronny was the culprit for our current state, but there are some points posted on this thread which could be quite easily addressed provided the Club are aware.
i`m sure this will happen and the guys are fully aware of the problems . we probably have all got a long to do lists in our own homes but not as long as the roots hall to do lists .

Steve Phillips popped in the Railway after. I told him I seem to remember him scoring an OG went he was playing for Brentford in the Southbank goal. Slid to cut out a cross from our Right and it went in. He denied it and was adamant he has never scored an oggy..... Said it was Barry Tucker. Even came back about 20 mins later to remind me it wasn't him......I then recalled he did score the winner at Sheff U and that nearly got me beat up.......He relaxed after that.
Slightly off topic, but loved the way pre game after being introduced to the crowd, he strutted across the pitch to the West Stand, arm aloft in the air.
Thoroughly deserved the applause he got, & even stopped to chat with fans en route around the ground.
If it had been down to me, i'd have awarded him 'man of the match' for that!.

We all know who’s fault it is. Not really any value in bringing it up now because he’s gone. Most of the comments I’ve read on here have been useful feedback for the consortium, I don’t think anyone has been unreasonable.

I’m sure COSU will welcome any feedback that can help them improve the matchday experience at Roots Hall, and in turn increase the revenue generated. Far more constructive than dwelling on who’s fault it is that Roots Hall is in a bad state.

i`m sure this will happen and the guys are fully aware of the problems . we probably have all got a long to do lists in our own homes but not as long as the roots hall to do lists .
Then the question of this thread must be the problem as it was always going to be full of replys outlining areas of dissatisfaction and how matchday experience could be improved!

The lady that sells the West Stand programs was definitely there and working when we arrived around 1.45pm. Maybe all the supplies were sold before you arrived due to high demand 1st time out.
Yes, I bought one at 2:20pm. She wasn't in her usual spot, she was on the right by the gates. There weren't many left though

Reactions: RHB
Up to a point I agree with you, but if supporters don't offer up constructive criticism/feedback then the Club and the Consortium won't know what we think so far. We know the Club monitor the Zone so hopefully they will take on board what's been offered up.
Can someone please ask them to settle all the old invoices with our Bovril suppliers and buy some more please. It must be getting on for 18 months since I've been able to buy any in the west.

Back