• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So how was your match day experience?

I'm a bit loathe to add this, but I'm going to. The sparkly new score board - Can we please use blue and white text rather than blue and gold? I get the homage to the new club colours but visibility wise to some (like me), blue and white is far easier to read.
i thought the opposite to be honest. Thought the colour scheme was brilliant and really easy to see

i thought the opposite to be honest. Thought the colour scheme was brilliant and really easy to see
Not sure if it's my phone but the emails the club send I'm unable to read. Dark blue background with black writing. I'm sure thus can't be the same for everyone else. Just wondering why it's happening to me.

Can't pass judgement on the new scoreboard as unfortunately not at the game yesterday. Wonder if the sun may affect it as its in full view so a bit of glare might make it less easy to read

There’s plenty of business experience in COSU but is any of that in hospitality out of interest ? A lot of the negative vibes seem to centre on quality of catering and service .

Not sure if it's my phone but the emails the club send I'm unable to read. Dark blue background with black writing. I'm sure thus can't be the same for everyone else. Just wondering why it's happening to me.

Can't pass judgement on the new scoreboard as unfortunately not at the game yesterday. Wonder if the sun may affect it as its in full view so a bit of glare might make it less easy to read
my emails are in blue and white, so that might just be on your device.

I helped clean seats and to set up the Tifo on friday, and from all areas in the ground, on the blue and gold colour scheme they used for the scoreboard, free kick, offside and stuff (thought was a bit unnecessary to have match events come up on the scoreboard to be honest) I thought it was very professional and easy to read from all angles of the ground.

my emails are in blue and white, so that might just be on your device.

I helped clean seats and to set up the Tifo on friday, and from all areas in the ground, on the blue and gold colour scheme they used for the scoreboard, free kick, offside and stuff (thought was a bit unnecessary to have match events come up on the scoreboard to be honest) I thought it was very professional and easy to read from all angles of the ground.
I think that kind of depends on the viewers eyesight. It's good that you found it easy to read, I didn't.

Whilst I appreciate it takes time to make positive change. There are plenty of things that can be done in minutes. For instance, just chuck some bottles of Carex in the toilets for now, until proper soap dispensers can be sorted?

For the solution to the West Stand catering,concoursing ect i think the best thing would be to either smash out where the facilities are at the back and build a brand new concourse that stretches from the back row to the wall where the gardens are or to keep some of the walls that are currently there.

Why not have outside caterers, for example a pizza van,homemade pies, kebabs etc.All situated just outside the ground, on SUFC land.The club can charge the caterers what seems reasonable.Im sure at least eight or nine local caterers would be interested.The club produces sub standard snack catering,
and my experience of the match days not much better.Take note consortium !!

Why not have outside caterers, for example a pizza van,homemade pies, kebabs etc.All situated just outside the ground, on SUFC land.The club can charge the caterers what seems reasonable.Im sure at least eight or nine local caterers would be interested.The club produces sub standard snack catering,
and my experience of the match days not much better.Take note consortium !!
of course 100% agree as a short term solution.

But i think an actual fully usable concourse with many different kiosks is a must for the long term.
Can get local caterers in to use the kiosks if that works.

did a quick calculation and to cater for 2800 people in the west stand (plus 700 for block X) over half time, you would need around 25 tills to take orders from on a sold out day before you start to lose customers from queues and other inconveniences. For toilets 2 or 3 male and female toilets would be enough to stay efficient i think

Then you can also have other moneymakers like merchandise stalls and arcade stalls and stuff, really should be an opportunity to look at.

East stand in my bit was fine, more staff in the bar, got a drink pre match and at half time no problem.
Everyone sat where they should be. Second half tedious ,
I still struggle to get why people would eat at a football ground unless they had no choice.
The environment for eating is rubbish and the food is always average at best .
Bring a sandwich and some crisps if eating at footy is your thing

East stand in my bit was fine, more staff in the bar, got a drink pre match and at half time no problem.
Everyone sat where they should be. Second half tedious ,
I still struggle to get why people would eat at a football ground unless they had no choice.
The environment for eating is rubbish and the food is always average at best .
Bring a sandwich and some crisps if eating at footy is your thing
i still struggle to get why people bring sandwiches and crisps to a football match when they can get a bite to eat at the ground?

If i take a sandwich and crisps then i have to bring a bag, i dont want the hassle. I just want to go to the kiosk, get my burger and eat it. Its much less hassle then taking an extra bag, on top of a scarf, hat in the winter.

The food and drink situation will get better and will improve but it will take time

Back