• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Small things that need to be done at the ground

The turnstiles do not work with the new ticketing system on phones.
Weirdly, the workaround was to turn the screen brightness down on the phone. This allowed the scanner to focus on the barcode and it worked. Problem is every punter needing to monetarily adjust their phone isn’t really the right solution.

Bring back the smoking area, it’s no fun sneaking out the back of the West. Also vibrating and heated seats would be nice.

concession holders cover a broad spectrum of people including nhs, military etc
At the risk of being controversial, I have never quite got this. Why do these groups get a discount and not street sweepers, refuse collectors, shop workers and other important (and often underpaid) groups? You could have a consultant in the NHS getting a discount while the cleaner doesn't.
If Covid taught us anything, it is how important many groups who are not usually considered 'key-workers' are.

I took 2 of my kids (8 & 6) to watch Scunny against Chorley on Saturday, purely as they have a scheme where each full price adult can get two tickets for under 12's for free.

As capacity increases this would be a way to get the south lower packed out and inspire a new generation of fans.

Inalso spent a small fortune on trundles, sweets and fizzy pop. The kids had some too.

The Groundsman's bar in the East needs to be refurbished imo as it's very dark and dingy and the pints are served in plastics etc. Loads of cobwebs in there and the TV signal is dire.

in a similar vein the row numbers on the West steps could probably do with a fresh lick of paint
It would be useful if the seats had numbers on too. I sit in the West and someone was in my seat on Saturday, but I couldn't be sure because there were no numbers on any of the seats near us.

Why should they do that though?

The season tickets are different colours for each category. Mine is red for the emergency services discount, the people on the turnstiles don’t need to check if I am, because in theory the club shop have done that.
That doesn't work. My sons have red season tickets because they're kids.

Get the people that did the murals in the hospitality to do more round the ground to brighten it up. Loads of white boring walls! Maybe a paint job on the Shakespeare drive entrances

Are the players celebrating coming back to the outside of the shop at some point? I liked that when it was first done.

Maybe we haven't had much to celebrate recently 🤓

Back