• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Small things that need to be done at the ground

Have to agree with most of what has been covered here on the West stand and bins should be a must.
I have now at every home game had to turn off taps in the ladies lol as they are very stiff to turn off so needs someone to look at them. I dread to think how much water is being wasted.

That's easily solved. Scrap concessions and charge one price for adults and a cheaper price for children.

Why should they do that though?

The season tickets are different colours for each category. Mine is red for the emergency services discount, the people on the turnstiles don’t need to check if I am, because in theory the club shop have done that.

Last edited:

The season tickets are different colours for each category. Mine is red for the emergency services discount, the people on the turnstiles down need to check if I am, because in theory the club shop have done that.
I think its more a case of 40 year olds booking a kids ticket etc.

Turn the PA down?
The music was so loud in the East yesterday - it was impossible to have a conversation, even with the person sitting next to you. I know some fans complained to the steward who said they needed to e-mail the club. Apparently there had been comments that people couldn't hear so they turned it up - I assume that was the announcements, I have never had a problem hearing them but surely that doesn't necessitate the massive increase in volume for the pre match and half time music. @They Call It Madness!!! can you please help ? On a positive note, it was great that King Kev's surname was finally correctly announced.

The season tickets are different colours for each category. Mine is red for the emergency services discount, the people on the turnstiles down need to check if I am, because in theory the club shop have done that.
My response was more tongue in check to a previous response that too many people are getting into the ground on concession tickets. I originally stated that concession holders cover a broad spectrum of people including nhs, military etc

I thought my comment about removing concession holders might have gotten a bite. Although I thought it would have been the OAPs gunning for me straight away. Didn't think I'd get hook a Fireman
:Fishing:

The music was so loud in the East yesterday - it was impossible to have a conversation, even with the person sitting next to you. I know some fans complained to the steward who said they needed to e-mail the club. Apparently there had been comments that people couldn't hear so they turned it up - I assume that was the announcements, I have never had a problem hearing them but surely that doesn't necessitate the massive increase in volume for the pre match and half time music. @They Call It Madness!!! can you please help ? On a positive note, it was great that King Kev's surname was finally correctly announced.
Couldnt hear it? I can hear it in sussex

Couldn’t agree more I’m sick of mick pronouncing it Maher when in fact it’s Maher

Fix the scoreboard so that the number next to Southend is higher and the opposition is lower.

More seriously, good to see some things have been done. Some handrails on the stairs have been added is one thing I noticed. My old man skipped down them yesterday with its help when he normally struggles.

Only thing I could add is somewhere to grab a coffee or a coke. The coffee bars take too long at the moment so I never bother

I don't know how much but would it cost a huge amount of money to get some professional cleaners in to do a one off deep clean of all the toilet facilities ? They have been neglected for years and is something that is constantly being highlighted as a problem, basic hygiene surely.

Agreed. Who chooses the music by the way?

Elton John and the Beatles before kick off? I'm a fan of both but neither suited pre match at roots hall.

No Moyet after the game either?

Just seems like such an afterthought.

Obviously, things like toilets and refreshments are of utmost importance but I'd like to see some changes to the North Stand, if we are to continue to have away fans in there. To make RH a tougher place for opponents, we need to maximise the sound coming from our fans and reduce the sound coming from away support.

We all know how good the acoustics are in the North Stand and only a small group can make a lot of noise. If there is a relatively cheap way of stifling the sound of away fans in that stand it would weaken their support for their team.

Agreed. Who chooses the music by the way?

Elton John and the Beatles before kick off? I'm a fan of both but neither suited pre match at roots hall.

No Moyet after the game either?

Just seems like such an afterthought.

Thanks peeps for the input.

Being honest the levels are really hard to gage because of the full houses and bigger crowds. We also had to play with the amps to try and sort the foreign TV influence. This will be tweaked and hopefully sorted going forward.

I was not in attendance yesterday, but do know that the teams came out earlier than normal which put a halt to the build up video being played on the screen amd this possible affected the music before hand also.

I really appreciate your comments and will ensure that the guys that cover me are aware of the feedback.

I am not due to be away for anymore games now so direct your input towards me as soon as you can and I will do my upmost to improve and enhance your experience the best that I can.

Again, thank you for your input.

Thanks peeps for the input.

Being honest the levels are really hard to gage because of the full houses and bigger crowds. We also had to play with the amps to try and sort the foreign TV influence. This will be tweaked and hopefully sorted going forward.

I was not in attendance yesterday, but do know that the teams come out earlier than normal which put a halt to the build up video being played on the screen amd this possible affected the music before hand also.

I really appreciate your comments and will ensure that the guys that cover me are aware of the feedback.

I am not due to be away for anymore games now so direct your input towards me as soon as you can and I will do my upmost to improve and enhance your experience the best that I can.

Again, thank you for your input.
Thank you - I arrived around 2.30 and it was really loud then, honestly it was impossible to have a pre match conversation.

Back