• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully not yet another waste of time 🤞 trying to deal with RM must be like trying to ski uphill with one arm and leg behind your back so I hope and 🙏 that this lot are real and the 🤡 finally realises this really is his last chance and accepts a realistic offer and not the fantasy amount he thinks he deserves.

If he conducts this the way he usually does business we really are dead and buried 😢

I don't believe anything any more
Me neither, the 🤡 seems to have no problem lying to a judge or the NL and certainly the people who pay for his club (us supporters).

So many lies and so much fiction yet he still believes we should all be so grateful for all the money he has put in to the club and keeping us alive. He is a serial liar and completely delusional 😡

If he really gave a flying one about SUFC, the town and the supporters he would have sold up for a reasonable price and done one long ago but his final payday is all that matters to him 😤

Last edited:
Well, Mr Rees. I really hope that your takeover of our beloved club goes through.
On our part, as the new custodian, you will get the total support of many thousands of fans, helping you turn round this sick, but still wonderful, football club of ours.

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but Ron said the talks were at "an advanced stage".

Has anyone who has any contacts to Mr Rees or the consortium heard any of them say the same?

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but Ron said the talks were at "an advanced stage".

Has anyone who has any contacts to Mr Rees or the consortium heard any of them say the same?

I had heard, and this was before knowing any names, that the “Aussies” had been to Boots & Laces, Roots Hall, met players and staff and done various zoom calls with them.

That’s all I’d heard about the Aussies. There was a rumour they were “investors” as opposed to buying the Club outright, but who knows if that is/was true.

Also, I was under the impression it was the “Aussies” vs “Famous 5/Magnificent 7”. The Echo article is suggest it’s an Aussie plus locals, maybe a combination between the two.

I had heard, and this was before knowing any names, that the “Aussies” had been to Boots & Laces, Roots Hall, met players and staff and done various zoom calls with them.

That’s all I’d heard about the Aussies. There was a rumour they were “investors” as opposed to buying the Club outright, but who knows if that is/was true.

Also, I was under the impression it was the “Aussies” vs “Famous 5/Magnificent 7”. The Echo article is suggest it’s an Aussie plus locals, maybe a combination between the two.
As long as one or all do something soon. 🙏

Maybe this is one of the reasons the players and management team are sticking around. Maybe they believe there is concrete evidence that they are buying the club. The fact that they’ve been to B&L, RH and met the players and staff, proves to me that they want this club. They wouldn’t have done all of this if they didn’t let’s be honest.

What he was is the Co-founder (owner) of a software company with 170 staff that was then sold to an industry major player.

Who cares what he did previously…really…
Which is pretty impressive.

I wrongly inferred from RMs post that the chap was using previous banking position to imply that he was some sort of major player.

Justin Rees and the Kimura guys are known to each other.

London Shrimper has also mentioned Kimura guys as part of the consortium. So it does seem that it might be Josh Rees as an individual businessman plus other local individuals (none of which may be Australian, or maybe another one or two are).

Right now communication is everything. It really would be very sensible for club and buyers to be putting out a joint statement to cool things down and give some clarity.

Last edited:
Josh Rees and the Kimura guys are known to each other.

London Shrimper has also mentioned Kimura guys as part of the consortium. So it does seem that it might be Josh Rees as an individual businessman plus other local individuals (none of which may be Australian, or maybe another one or two are).

Right now communication is everything. It really would be very sensible for club and buyers to be putting out a joint statement to cool things down and give some clarity.
Josh Rees or Justin Rees?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back