• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sale of Southend United to Justin Rees and his consortium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not convinced we can limp on until October. Can we even pay players and staff? Are we able to meet the costs associated with putting on matches? Is Ron able or willing to put anything in?

Just needs one more crisis, followed by another points deduction and it will all start spiralling out of control.

I have to agree with you on this one and I fear that the 80 bags sent to HMRC may well have been ear marked for paying wages etc which if so could be the final torpedo in our side. Like you I’m not sure we can even last 42 days.

If anybody interested in buying our club sees comments like this, it would be a wonder why they would bother. Who do you think we are? We're a small club in the greater scheme of things, on the brink of collapse with a limited supporter base (as great as our supporters are).

Maybe a bit of humility and gratefulness that somebody might come along to enable us to live beyond October 4th?
Do you honestly think a successful businessman will read a post on a fans forum quite rightly questioning the person buying his club and then think "ohhh I might pull out now because someone I don't know is bit wary after 25 years of poor ownership".

Do you want someone who is that thin skinned buying us anyway?.

Have a fukin day off mate and start talking some sense instead of calling me out on here.

I had heard, and this was before knowing any names, that the “Aussies” had been to Boots & Laces, Roots Hall, met players and staff and done various zoom calls with them.

That’s all I’d heard about the Aussies. There was a rumour they were “investors” as opposed to buying the Club outright, but who knows if that is/was true.

Also, I was under the impression it was the “Aussies” vs “Famous 5/Magnificent 7”. The Echo article is suggest it’s an Aussie plus locals, maybe a combination between the two.
Thanks.

So my point here is that there are enough people ITK who will be close enough to the consortium to know when things start happening.
If the deal is advanced and due to complete 1/10, then there will not be a long period of silence from the ITK's.

If there is, start getting the Phoenix club plans going because unless Ron raids the family money box again, we are getting wound up on October 4th.

I’m not convinced we can limp on until October. Can we even pay players and staff? Are we able to meet the costs associated with putting on matches? Is Ron able or willing to put anything in?

Just needs one more crisis, followed by another points deduction and it will all start spiralling out of control.
That's why a big turn out on Friday and all the other home games in this period, is vital. The money to keep us going isn't coming from anywhere else.

That's why a big turn out on Friday and all the other home games in this period, is vital. The money to keep us going isn't coming from anywhere else.
Looool so so naive, it's going straight in Ron's pocket. If anything it's pretty much a leaving gift for Ron if we give him a big last few gates.

Talk talk talk. I'm so bored of rumours and false hope.

All the while the club implodes and our national League status collapses.

Enough of the talk. Let's see some f cking action!!!!

Looool so so naive, it's going straight in Ron's pocket. If anything it's pretty much a leaving gift for Ron if we give him a big last few gates.
But you also get to watch what could be the last few games of SUFC. It’s not just giving money away. You get something for it.

On your point though - I did think this was the money that TL has available to pay what is most important to pay

What worries me is if these Aussie are genuine then why on earth would they have let the club get deducted 10 points? why couldn't they have paid the tax bill and at least had some kind of contract in place if it all falls through?

Screams to me of another entity interested purely in fossetts and or development and not the football club. In my opinion

What worries me is if these Aussie are genuine then why on earth would they have let the club get deducted 10 points? why couldn't they have paid the tax bill and at least had some kind of contract in place if it all falls through?

Screams to me of another entity interested purely in fossetts and or development and not the football club. In my opinion
Would you have given Ron over £250k without everything being sealed up?

What worries me is if these Aussie are genuine then why on earth would they have let the club get deducted 10 points?

As yet, it’s not their club. They’re just negotiating a possible deal. They’re not pot committed. Yet.

why couldn't they have paid the tax bill and at least had some kind of contract in place if it all falls through?

Would you trust Ron with a 6-figure cash advance?

Even if it was contracted, I don’t suppose they fancy going through the rigmarole of trying to recoup that money through the court system, especially for a business which may soon cease to exist.

Yep, maybe. All we can do is hope for the best. We may end up going from frying pan to fire, but that’s the unknown. What we do know is that under Ron, we are finished.

It's not their debt to pay, I'd question any party willing to do this without legally binding guarantees.

To have a legally binding guarantee, both parties need to sign it. There's no chance Ron Martin signs a binding contract that means he has to reimburse someone if he fails to strike a deal.

Reactions: GBJ
So, Justin Rees "is putting together a small consortium of three or four people, all of whom are known to either myself or Tom Lawrence the CEO" per Ron.

Rees and the Kimura guys? Plus another?
Again wouldn't be unhappy with that I think. Just all so, so, so tortuous will club, players, fans all going through the wringer...

Two reasons I wouldn’t have paid that debt. 1. Absolutely no security in place to cover my arse 2. I haven’t got the liquid funds to cover it.

In this case I guess both apply.

Reactions: GBJ
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back